Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Liverpool wilting 
    as the Spurs go marching in 
  • Liverpool wilting 
    Man city will save you mate
  • Anyone else think that Walcott is looking, had he been allowed to play in the same way, like the footballer he should have been at Arsenal?
  • clb74 said:
    Liverpool wilting 
    Man city will save you mate
    Man Utd at this rate!!
  • They've just said that TAA has given the ball away 38 times in this game - the most of any PL player this season. And that's England right back!
  • edited January 2021
    They've just said that TAA has given the ball away 38 times in this game - the most of any PL player this season. And that's England right back!
    No thats why the likes of Reece James keep getting game time for England instead of him

He rightly doesnt play enough for England as he's not good enough in defence
  • Anyone else think that Walcott is looking, had he been allowed to play in the same way, like the footballer he should have been at Arsenal?
    To be fair he had a pretty decent career there, it was at Everton where he never really performed
  • They've just said that TAA has given the ball away 38 times in this game - the most of any PL player this season. And that's England right back!
    Maybe Liverpool should play him at left back  ;)
  • TAA has been pony pretty much since football resumed.
    Maybe Liverpool should play him at left back  ;)

• Sponsored links:

• You saw how much that meant to Ralph Hasenhüttl at the final whistle
  • Saints go marching on .. Liverpool's players are starting to look weary after a few hard and successful seasons .. Man City are coming good at just the right time .. I (and many of us) wrote Ole Ole Ole off far too early
    He’s been superb for them. Piss take that Biesla gets in the top 3 FIFA coaches of the year when you got managers like Ralph doing what he’s done.
    Hasn't looked that happy since he thought he'd got the better of Rick Grimes.
  • Kyle Walker-Peters has been an excellent buy for Southampton. I wonder if Spurs regret selling him as Doherty hasn't been great for them
  • edited January 2021
    Kyle Walker-Peters has been an excellent buy for Southampton. I wonder if Spurs regret selling him as Doherty hasn't been great for them
    Think KWP and Trippier were let go and they kept Aurier (who was crap but is now alright)

Edit: You’re right, although KWP did go on loan there from Jan but did perm transfer the same time that Doherty signed.
  • Kyle Walker-Peters has been an excellent buy for Southampton. I wonder if Spurs regret selling him as Doherty hasn't been great for them
    But we got Pierre-Emile Højbjerg for £3m as a result.  No case to argue.

• JohnBoyUK said:
    Kyle Walker-Peters has been an excellent buy for Southampton. I wonder if Spurs regret selling him as Doherty hasn't been great for them

Hojberg wanted out, so you bought him for £15m. That could have happened without the KWP deal surely?
  • It's going to be so close this year but it's starting to look like City might have the edge.

They've kept themselves in the chasing pack, have a good run of games coming up against the bottom sides, and Aguero is about to return.

Also the signing of Ruben Dias seems to have had the same affect as Van Dijk at Liverpool. He has improved their defence (just 13 conceded and 5 of those came against Leicester) considerably, and also seems to make others around him better too. Cancelo looked an iffy signing but this year now looks a world class full back. John stones was poor last season and out of favour and Pep even played Fernandinho at CB instead, but now alongside Dias he looks back to his best of a few years ago, which can only be a good thing ahead of the Euro's.
  • It's going to be so close this year but it's starting to look like City might have the edge.

They've kept themselves in the chasing pack, have a good run of games coming up against the bottom sides, and Aguero is about to return.

Also the signing of Ruben Dias seems to have had the same affect as Van Dijk at Liverpool. He has improved their defence (just 13 conceded and 5 of those came against Leicester) considerably, and also seems to make others around him better too. Cancelo looked an iffy signing but this year now looks a world class full back. John stones was poor last season and out of favour and Pep even played Fernandinho at CB instead, but now alongside Dias he looks back to his best of a few years ago, which can only be a good thing ahead of the Euro's.
    Until he partners with Maguire, that is. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• The blame is on Trent for last nights goal but Henderson and Fabinho at CB show Liverpool need to get one in. Only watched a bit of the second half but was surprised by how much they struggled, just not clicking at the minute. Table is so tight, exciting race this year. 
  • edited January 2021
    Great to see Liverpool in this form, all their front 3 available and struggling to score. Last night they had alot of the ball but just couldn't create, great performance by Southampton and deserved.

TAA, i have said in the past. for Liverpool he is mustard but doesn't play that way for England and we need someone more solid, although Reece James is still not quite defensive he just fits the system more and gets forward for England well. We do have alot of right backs, in the long term TAA will be the main one but at least we have options or can tailor to the individual game. 

I saw someone put about Luke Shaw over Chilwell, have a laugh no way! He has improved and playing well but for me Chilwell is up with the best of them and not far of Robertson IMO. 

As talented as Saka is, i cant see him being a major player for now. We need to fit Foden in somehow too, its a nice problem to have and think we could have a golden couple of years if Southgate plays it right and works out a system.

PS- Sorry veered of a bit here, Man U need to dip now please. I cant have them winning it, they shouldn't really be in contention far too many fortunate results. 
  • I'd quite like United (and Leicester) to stay up there, makes the title race more interesting than just Liverpool v City again.
  • I'd quite like United (and Leicester) to stay up there, makes the title race more interesting than just Liverpool v City again.
    Thats fair, as long as United do slip and dont get in the top 2 :neutral: 
    my order, Man U , Liverpool, Spurs (this is order of least eg. Man U would be the worst case) 
  • JohnBoyUK said:

remarkable how the Saints continually discover, improve and make big profits from brilliant scouting, coaching and 'marketing' lol .. where would Liverpool be without them ?
    I couldn't care less who wins the PL, so am happy we have a really open title race
  • It’s all set up for the year ends in one cnuts to win it 
    the one time I want the scousers to succeed and they fuck it up against Fulham 
    they might as well hand the trophy over on Wednesday if those taxi driver twunts win 
    Allow me to allay your fears oohah and say it again but Spurs will not win the PL because of their complete and utter reliance on Kane and Son - those two have between them a "ridiculous" 19 goals and 14 assists. The whole of the rest of the squad have 5 goals and 6 assists in total and not one other player has scored more than one goal in the PL. It isn't just their  incredible stats - it's the fact that they bring so much more to Spurs specifically in the way that the team is set up. We still have more than two thirds of the season to go and Kane and Son will not be able to play every match - so who is going to step up and replace them? 

Equally, as good as Mourinho is at "parking the bus", very often, as we found on Saturday, against the lesser sides, you have to let the hand brake off to guarantee 3 points. Is Mourinho prepared to do that? Spurs next two games against Liverpool and Leicester will tell us even more and it will be interesting to see how Mourinho approaches the two different challenges.

City appear to have been written off by many because they aren't playing their usual brand of football and due to their poor scoring record this season. At some point though, Sterling, a fit Aguero, Mahrez etc etc will click. No one has actually highlighted the fact that they have sorted out their achilles heel i.e. their defensive frailties with 9 clean sheets in the last 11 games and only 6 goals conceded in their previous 16 matches.

They win their game in hand against Villa and they are 3 points off the top with 26 games to go. City are still very short and you can lay them on Betfair at 2.9 so it's not exactly going to cost a Queen's ransom to do so. Personally, I wouldn't back or lay them but if you offered me a straight coin toss on them and Spurs I would hope it would land in favour of City all day long!

I hope that you are sleeping better now @oohaahmortimer in the knowledge that, as I first told you over three weeks ago, Spurs will not win the PL. City are now 1.96 on Betfair so the coin toss is not whether they will finish above Spurs but whether they will win the title.
  • I’m not counting any chickens yet , they’ve got a bye to the League Cup Final tonight