Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Really good game that.

Liverpool are at Southampton next too which isn't easy.
  • Great game, settled by a really soft decision. United are evil again. Got their edge back 
  • Luke Shaw should be England's LB/LWB btw
  • Leuth said:
    Luke Shaw should be England's LB/LWB btw
    Over Chilwell? Don't think so. 
    On his day I'd say Shaw is as good as Chilwell. Problem is that Chilwell is a consistent performer and Shaw has the ability to have an absolute stinker and cost you the game. 
  • Leuth said:
    On his day I'd say Shaw is as good as Chilwell. Problem is that Chilwell is a consistent performer and Shaw has the ability to have an absolute stinker and cost you the game. 
    Luke Shaw is always injured also
  • Unfortunately for us, Scotland have at least one if not two left backs playing in the PL who are better than any of ours!
  • Man Utd fans don’t think Shaw is best left back at the club. 
  • Leuth said:
    Luke Shaw is always injured also
    Been a lot better last couple of years though. Over last 2 Prem seasons I think he's played in about 50 of their 76 games and was available for about 60 of them. Definitely get the feeling he could break down at any point though. 
  • Unfortunately for us, Scotland have at least one if not two left backs playing in the PL who are better than any of ours!
    Don't think Tierney is better than Chilwell. Not a big deal their LB is better than ours when they only have 2/3 other quality players. 
  • Sponsored links:

Don't think Tierney is better than Chilwell. Not a big deal their LB is better than ours when they only have 2/3 other quality players. 
    A debatable one though Tierney definitely has more versatility given that he has played at RB and CB as well as LB for his country. Captained them too and is only 23.
    A debatable one though Tierney definitely has more versatility given that he has played at RB and CB as well as LB for his country. Captained them too and is only 23.
    In fairness not seen enough of Tierney and he has looked decent on a couple of occasions this season. Big fan of Chilwell though, I don't think he is a weakness in the England team. 
    In fairness not seen enough of Tierney and he has looked decent on a couple of occasions this season. Big fan of Chilwell though, I don't think he is a weakness in the England team. 
    Agreed but as we found recently when we had to play a right footer at LB we don't seem to have an automatic understudy whereas we have RBs all over the place. I'm surprised that Matt Targett hasn't been considered in that respect. He's been capped by England (and Scotland) at U19, U20 and U21 levels and is playing very well for Villa this season.
    Agreed but as we found recently when we had to play a right footer at LB we don't seem to have an automatic understudy whereas we have RBs all over the place. I'm surprised that Matt Targett hasn't been considered in that respect. He's been capped by England (and Scotland) at U19, U20 and U21 levels and is playing very well for Villa this season.
    Well we do have Shaw and if we persist with 3 at the back then Saka comes into contention. Admittedly with Saka the issue is that he's not playing that position for Arsenal. Not a bad shout with Targett, wasn't a fan and couldn't believe how much Villa played for him but he's having a good season definitely. 
  • I’ve watched a few West Ham games this season and Creswell has played well in all off them. He can play LB or left of a three. He’s also got an excellent delivery. 
  • I’ve watched a few West Ham games this season and Creswell has played well in all off them. He can play LB or left of a three. He’s also got an excellent delivery. 
    Agreed but perhaps, at 30, age is against him especially if we are looking to the future. Bertrand is very similar in that respect.
    Agreed but perhaps, at 30, age is against him especially if we are looking to the future. Bertrand is very similar in that respect.
    If Cresswell is good enough then he should at least be in the squad, especially as in many squads Southgate has just had Chilwell and in some cases hasn't picked a left back at all. 
    Ok he's not going to be around for the next 5-6 years but we have a Euro's and a world cup in the next 2.
  • You can imagine Southgate going for someone like James Justin, who's more a RB but can also play LB
  • Liverpool & United are only on course for 78 points which would be the lowest winning points total since 1998.

• You can imagine Southgate going for someone like James Justin, who's more a RB but can also play LB
    Can’t wait for the meltdown on here if England starts playing right-sided defenders at LB!
  • Sponsored links:

Can’t wait for the meltdown on here if England starts playing right-sided defenders at LB!
    He did it with Trippier when he had Saka on the bench!
    He did it with Trippier when he had Saka on the bench!
    To be fair Saka even at 19 should be in the England squad as a winger. He is quality. 

• The two horse race no one wanted , materialising in the  New Year .
    of course it’s a lose lose but imagine a world where Spurs fans win something meaningful .
     A genuinely sickening thought , the lesser of two evils ... just like the Champions League Final 
  • Bielsa's Leeds once again losing comfortably to a better side

They've conceded 4 to Leicester, 3 to Chelsea, 6 to United and now 3 to Spurs

4 to Liverpool too. But then they scored 3 themselves.

It is the way they play. Next season they will sign better defenders and midfielders with a bit more defensive nous but I don't expect them to change and unlike Sheffield United they have an attacking platform to build on. It's very difficult going the other way which is winning games by the odd goal one season but not being able to score the next because your whole attacking game is built around set pieces.
  • The other thing to bear in mind is that they have played away Liverpool, Man United, Spurs, Man City, Chelsea, Everton and Villa - probably 7 of the best 8 teams this season and they won at Everton and Villa, drew at City and only lost 4-3 to Liverpool. 7 points from those 7 games is hardly to be sniffed at.

It is the way they play. Next season they will sign better defenders and midfielders with a bit more defensive nous but I don't expect them to change and unlike Sheffield United they have an attacking platform to build on. It's very difficult going the other way which is winning games by the odd goal one season but not being able to score the next because your whole attacking game is built around set pieces.
    Will potentially also go for a better striker.

Bamford has done really well and suits the way they play, but if they want to push to the next level they'll probably need someone better.

Will potentially also go for a better striker.

Bamford has done really well and suits the way they play, but if they want to push to the next level they'll probably need someone better.
    Yeah that £30m on Rodrigo hasnt been a wise investment
  • Brighton losing 3-1 at home to Wolves, have only won one of their last 16 matches in all comps and are only 2 points above Fulham having played 2 more games. They have City away next up.