Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Leicester deserve that for resting so many players. Liverpool drop points, and you don't even try to capitalise
  • Croydon said:
    Leicester deserve that for resting so many players. Liverpool drop points, and you don't even try to capitalise
    Is Vardy just being rested? I only got in just before kick off so missed the build up and the explanation for what’s going on there. 
  • se9addick said:
    Croydon said:
    Leicester deserve that for resting so many players. Liverpool drop points, and you don't even try to capitalise
    Is Vardy just being rested? I only got in just before kick off so missed the build up and the explanation for what’s going on there. 
    He's just come on, so I assume that was the case. 
  • Lovely goal from Barnes
  • Everton v Man City off tonight due to positive covid tests at Man City apparently 
    Cancellations in L1 don't raise an eyebrow. One in the PL will cause ructions, especially involving 2 of the top teams
    Cancelled late too. Thank goodness away fans aren’t allowed at the moment, would be an absolute nightmare with these on the day cancellations. 
  • The pundits look bloody freezing 
  • Palarse denied a pretty clear penalty by the look of the replays. Aah well😂
  • why on earth is vardy on the bench?
    He's 34 in a couple of weeks, so i'm not sure it's that much of a shock that during a packed christmas schedule he might need a bit of a rest?
    He's 34 in a couple of weeks, so i'm not sure it's that much of a shock that during a packed christmas schedule he might need a bit of a rest?
    A gamble in my eyes, when 2 points off top. I rather have a jaded Vardy than Inneacho. They play again on 03/01, then not another league game until 16/01. Vardy could of had 2 weeks off then. 
  • Sponsored links:

He pulled up with what looked like a groin/thigh tweak in the Spurs game.  Rodgers said he was taken off as a precaution but with the games coming thick and fast over Xmas, you can see why he was rested.

IMHO, Kane and Sonny looked properly jaded against Wolves.  The biggest surprise was that Vinicius wasnt even on the bench, especially as it appears he isnt carrying a knock!
  • edited December 2020
    Anyone just seen the West Brom own goal? Hilarious, Naby Sarr would have been proud. 
  • Anyone just seen the West Brom own goal? Hilarious, Naby Sarr would have been proud. 
    like a staged replay except the keeper got nowhere near it ((:>) WBA 0 - :Leeds 1
  • Anyone just seen the West Brom own goal? Hilarious, Naby Sarr would have been proud. 
    Big Sam brand of attacking football responsible for that!
  • I know WBA are pretty awful, but Leeds on this form are a joy to watch 
    Big Sam brand of attacking football responsible for that!
    1st shot on target all game ((:>)
  • Leeds 3 up after 35 minutes
  • edited December 2020
    The point I am trying to make is that Bielsa isn't afraid to take the game to the opposition and will not compromise on his footballing beliefs. Who can forget how they did so at Anfield first game of the season against a full strength Liverpool team and lost 4-3?

Give me that any day of the week than a Manager who would rather park the bus even against the weakest of opposition. It is a throwback to how football used to be played and perhaps that is what I like most about it. They will get thrashed on occasions but so what because they will also win games doing it that way rather than drawing 0-0,

But was it the right approach against a team like Man U though? When teams have such devastating counter attack players, it's an incredibly risky/foolish strategy. One misplaced pass and you're left with a 4 on 3

To me it's dubious to play an open attacking game against a team who has better players than you at playing the same style of play
    As I say they did it at Anfield and only lost 4-3 with the Liverpool winner coming in the 88th minute. And that was against their first choice side.

The defending yesterday was undoubtedly naive and Bielsa said as much. But the style shouldn't change because we'll end up with clones of teams only playing one way - grinding out points. Without labouring the point Man United's back five cost £207m whereas Leeds cost £10m. Should they set up with 11 behind the ball because of that as so many teams now do?

Leeds are 3 points above Arsenal and have exactly the same goal difference (-6). I would much rather watch the team that had scored 24 goals and let in 30 than the one that has recorded 12 and 18 respectively.
    Beat Burnley 1-0 and winning 3-0 at WBA

I'm so glad that Bielsa listened to me, tightened up at the back without sacrificing his ethos on how to play football. 

Edit 0-4 after 40 minutes
    Whyyyyy did I choose the Brighton Arsenal game? This is dull so far. 
    Leeds 3 up after 35 minutes
    errrr now 4-0 .. pity that all the games are stacked up together
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    4 games to chose from, I fancy watching Leeds, said my son:

If this was boxing, it would be stopped as WBA are being pummelled.

4 cracking goals including a 25 yard own goal and a worldie from Alioski with his left foot

The Saints v WHU game is not exactly a classic either. 

Cracking own goal in the WBA game. 
  • Why would u choose 1 game when there is a goals show that shows all the goals as they go in 🤣
    Leeds 3 up after 35 minutes
    errrr now 4-0 .. pity that all the games are stacked up together
    No idea why they couldn’t have spaced these games out through the day or other 2 days.
  • 4 games to chose from, I fancy watching Leeds, said my son:

If this was boxing, it would be stopped as WBA are being pummelled.

4 cracking goals including a 25 yard own goal and a worldie from Alioski with his left foot

Plus West Brom punching themselves in the face like Tyson Fury.
  • Lacazette on the pitch for 21 seconds before scoring. The perfect substitution.
  • Cracking 5th for Leeds. 
  • 16 league games for Leeds has seen 60 goals!
  • Leeds are a real joy to watch -  such fluid football. WBA look very poor.