Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Leeds have played in 2nd Gear this half but  another cracker for Leeds from Raphinha 
  • West Brom have made it easy for them and gave them a freebie but Leeds have been very impressive. Can’t see West Brom staying up 
  • Delighted to see Sam working his magic at WBA.
    I'd say they overachieved under Bilic and it was extremely harsh to sack him.
    Would love to see them go down.
  • West Brom have made it easy for them and gave them a freebie but Leeds have been very impressive. Can’t see West Brom staying up 
    They won't go down... Big Sam wouldn't have gone there if he hadn't been promised money to spend. He will buy a new keeper, a giant center back and a big lump up front and they will stay up
  • CAFCsayer said:
    West Brom have made it easy for them and gave them a freebie but Leeds have been very impressive. Can’t see West Brom staying up 
    They won't go down... Big Sam wouldn't have gone there if he hadn't been promised money to spend. He will buy a new keeper, a giant center back and a big lump up front and they will stay up
    Not sure they need a keeper, Johnstone doing ok. Definitely need a CB and a lump up front to suit his style. Going to be close at the bottom but think they’ll just go down. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    West Brom have made it easy for them and gave them a freebie but Leeds have been very impressive. Can’t see West Brom staying up 
    Not sure they need a keeper, Johnstone doing ok. Definitely need a CB and a lump up front to suit his style. Going to be close at the bottom but think they’ll just go down. 
    Looks way too slow to react from what I've seen from him, seems to dive about a second too late for everything 
  • Delighted to see Sam working his magic at WBA.
    I'd say they overachieved under Bilic and it was extremely harsh to sack him.
    Would love to see them go down.
    The vast majority of the WBA fans on their forum were unhappy when Bilic was sacked. And even less happy when Big Sam was appointed
  • Wolves are such a quick football team 
  • Jammy fckers Man Utd
  • United up to 2nd now, just 2 points off Liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Looks way too slow to react from what I've seen from him, seems to dive about a second too late for everything 
    Been there best player this season.
  • se9addick said:
    Wolves are such a quick football team 
    But suffer for their lack of cutting edge and the absence of Jimenez through injury and sale of Jota has done them no favours - only 15 goals all season 
  • Good to see on the Sheffield United forum that the majority of supporters want Wilder to stay.

They should accept they're almost certainly going down, but also realise that there is probably nobody better to lead a promotion charge than Wilder.

United were hopelessly stuck in League One only 4 seasons ago
    Burnley stuck with Sean Dyche when they went down in 2014/15. They came straight back up and have been in the PL ever since. Norwich have done the same with Daniel Farke last season and they currently sit top of the Championship.

The other key with both sides is that both clubs kept the majority of their squads together - continuity on and off the pitch is important. 
  • I know there is often talk of 'second season syndrome' but the drop off for Sheffield Utd is quite something.

To go from a solid 9th place finish last year to where they are now is crazy. They were really solid at the back last season, now they can't keep a clean sheet at all. It can't all be down to Henderson going back to United? As far as i'm aware the rest of their squad is the same as last year, so whilst you might expect them to drop to around 14-15th, to have only 2 points from 16 games makes you wonder how it's gone so wrong.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Are you kidding me, he has been getting rave reviews all year. I have watched a few of their games and normally does well, i would even go as far to say he might be in contention come Euros. have to disagree with the new keeper part... I dont think they should have sacked Bilic 
  • I know there is often talk of 'second season syndrome' but the drop off for Sheffield Utd is quite something.

To go from a solid 9th place finish last year to where they are now is crazy. They were really solid at the back last season, now they can't keep a clean sheet at all. It can't all be down to Henderson going back to United? As far as i'm aware the rest of their squad is the same as last year, so whilst you might expect them to drop to around 14-15th, to have only 2 points from 16 games makes you wonder how it's gone so wrong.
    Think they've lost about seven games 1-0 and a couple other by the odd goal.

They've been very unlucky in quite a few games this season, but I'm banking on them winning their next match.
  • edited December 2020
    Sheff Utd were an unknown quantity last season and still riding high on their promotion and a winning habit. Consequently they over achieved. 

Conversely losing becomes a habit and a byproduct of that is confidence drains and the longer it goes on the worse it gets. Even when they have looked like getting something from a game panic sets in and they end up with none or just one point from the jaws of a result. 

Something drastic needs to happen if they are to survive but most likely they will accept their fate, plan to bounce straight back and attempt to become a yoyo club.
  • Addickted said:
    I know there is often talk of 'second season syndrome' but the drop off for Sheffield Utd is quite something.

Think they've lost about seven games 1-0 and a couple other by the odd goal.

They've been very unlucky in quite a few games this season, but I'm banking on them winning their next match.
    Just checked their next game and with you on that, a nice thumping of the stripeys will start the new year in style.
  • Good to see on the Sheffield United forum that the majority of supporters want Wilder to stay.

They should accept they're almost certainly going down, but also realise that there is probably nobody better to lead a promotion charge than Wilder.

United were hopelessly stuck in League One only 4 seasons ago
    Burnley stuck with Sean Dyche when they went down in 2014/15. They came straight back up and have been in the PL ever since. Norwich have done the same with Daniel Farke last season and they currently sit top of the Championship.

The other key with both sides is that both clubs kept the majority of their squads together - continuity on and off the pitch is important. 
    Agreed but both of them at least had respectable seasons in the PL before they were relegated. Indeed the same applies to us in 98/99

Wilder at the moment looks a bit lost
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Wilder has spent very poorly. It's always difficult because you have to spend to compete but I don't think any of their summer signings have been successful. 
  • Spurs v Fulham off 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Spurs v Fulham off 
    only way to stop them going 3rd and heaping yet more pressure on Liverpool
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Spurs v Fulham off 
    As I just said to my French Fulham mate (yes, I'm being serious!), I could imagine Mourinho parking the bus against Fulham's U13s side in the abscence of their first team!
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Spurs v Fulham off 
    As I just said to my French Fulham mate (yes, I'm being serious!), I could imagine Mourinho parking the bus against Fulham's U13s side in the abscence of their first team!
    In the 89th minute Fulham claim a deserved equaliser as a cross from Hugh Grant finds David "Diddy" Hamilton who slots home to make it 1-1

Stung by this Jose sends on Kane and Son, but Fulham cling on for a point thanks to a great fingertip save by Richard Osman
  • Amazon will be a bit frustrated, 2 of their games in this round being cancelled
  • Amazon will be a bit frustrated, 2 of their games in this round being cancelled
    They still get to show them I believe, when going over the results yesterday on Amazon after the goals show, they mentioned the Man City v Everton game and said they will bring that game live when it gets played, so assume they have been told whenever it gets played they still have coverage of it
    They still get to show them I believe, when going over the results yesterday on Amazon after the goals show, they mentioned the Man City v Everton game and said they will bring that game live when it gets played, so assume they have been told whenever it gets played they still have coverage of it
    Which will be messy for them, but potentially quite interesting to have a couple of random games in the next month or two
  • Liverpool have now failed to beat 4 of the bottom 6 this season.