Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Confirmed ACL damage for VVD

Van Dijk has suffered damage to his ACL and will undergo surgery #LFC

Any morons on CL still think that was funny because Virgil Van dijk plays for Liverpool ?

I still can't believe Michael Oliver or the idiots doing the VAR didn't see it ?

Too busy looking at the Offside to see it.

VVD should sue Pickford. 
    The Bin Dippers all laughed when Gomes broke his leg against Spurs. 

Many won’t lose sleep over any Liverpool player being injured for 8 months, certainly not this ‘moron’.

So if it was Joe Gomez that got assaulted you would feel the same ?

This is nothing to do with the views of Liverpool fans.

This is about a Dutch International footballer and the best CB in the world according to most; being Scissor kicked and no action taken.

You a Liverpool fan is disguise as this is the shite they are spouting. Terrible tackle but hardly a bloody assault. 

I've had no time for Liverpool fans since the forgotten tragedy of Heysal which cost their fellow "bin dippers" across Stanley park their chance in the European Cup;  this paled into insignificance compared to the deaths of the Italian supporters but did Rob their neighbours dearly of their chance of European success.

• Options
    Confirmed ACL damage for VVD

Van Dijk has suffered damage to his ACL and will undergo surgery #LFC

Any morons on CL still think that was funny because Virgil Van dijk plays for Liverpool ?

I still can't believe Michael Oliver or the idiots doing the VAR didn't see it ?

Too busy looking at the Offside to see it.

VVD should sue Pickford. 
    The Bin Dippers all laughed when Gomes broke his leg against Spurs. 

Many won’t lose sleep over any Liverpool player being injured for 8 months, certainly not this ‘moron’.

So if it was Joe Gomez that got assaulted you would feel the same ?

This is nothing to do with the views of Liverpool fans. 

This is about a Dutch International footballer and the best CB in the world according to most; being Scissor kicked and no action taken.

Van dijk is religious and believes everything happens for a reason, so would've forgiven Pickford already. 
    If this is nothing to do with the views of Liverpool fans, then it’s certainly got nothing to do with the fact Van Dijk is Dutch either. 
  • Options
    It’s bad from Pickford but all he’s trying to do is smother the ball. It’s one of the first things you’re told as a GK, ‘Make yourself big’
  • Options
    it wasn't malicious from Pickford but it was rash, reckless, dangerous and brainless.
    Appalling disregard for the safety of other, shocked he was not sent off, hopefully will be reviewed and he will get something like a six match suspension.
  • Options
    The incident has been reviewed and the FA Disciplinary Committee and Pickford will not face any disciplinary action as VAR concluded that the challenge was not worthy of a red card

That is wrong on so many counts that I really do not know where to start!
  • Options
    The incident has been reviewed and the FA Disciplinary Committee and Pickford will not face any disciplinary action as VAR concluded that the challenge was not worthy of a red card

WTF....😲
  • Options
    Maybe VAR will rescind Richarlison's red card next?
  • Options

WTF....😲

The FA determined the incident was seen at the time having consulted with the match officials, including VAR.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54601721

Thats why, if the Referee hadnt put it into his report then there can be retrospective action

As the ref / var have admitted they saw it there is sweet FA that can be done

• Options

WTF....😲

The FA determined the incident was seen at the time having consulted with the match officials, including VAR.

Thats why, if the Referee hadnt put it into his report then there can be retrospective action

I always wondered what "FA" stood for!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WTF....😲

I always wondered what "FA" stood for!
    ForeverAddickted of course... duh!! ;)
  • Options
    So your hatred of Liverpool fans mean you get off on a good man being maimed for up to a year.

Thank fuck I'm not you and your bizarre take on life.
    Saying someone has a bizzare take on life when you’ve called yourself 
    a ‘Course and Distance winner like Bowyer’ on another thread before is a brave comment.

I don’t think he has anything against VVD, just the way Liverpool fans have laughed at other teams injuries and it’s ironic that they are playing the victim card as per usual. 

• Options

WTF....😲

And that is exactly why the rules should be changed.

If the incident was seen then surely either the VAR guy or the ref need to be demoted.
  • Options
    @soapboxsam
    Nobody is enjoying the pain and suffering of VVD the person.
    People are simply pleased that this unfortunate incident, horrible as it is, happened to Liverpool’s best player. It’s not about him as a person. It’s about Liverpool.
    Jeez, it’s not difficult.

PS. VVD being religious is neither here nor there. It doesn’t make him a good or a bad person and even if it did, it would be irrelevant.
  • Options

WTF....😲

And that is exactly why the rules should be changed.

If the incident was seen then surely either the VAR guy or the ref need to be demoted.
    Trouble is they're rightly reluctant to start undermining the referees... They'll be preaching the "respect" campaign yet wont be able to do it themselves

Bad decisions should face potential retrospective action but then you'll also get cases like when Joe Gomez broke his leg against Burnley, it was a nothing challenge yet the outcome of that sort of injury will lead to demands for retrospective action against the Burnley player because of what happened

Unfortunately there is a very fine line that shouldnt be crossed

- Was Pickford's action worse than what happened to Gomez... Yes
     - Was it deliberate like Keane's challenge on Alfe Inge Haaland... No

Its alright changing the rules if its going to be used properly; (e.g. Pickford should get the standard ban for dangerous conduct), but how often does that happen

And then what comes next, referee missed a penalty between Everton and Liverpool so both sets of players have to meet at Goodison Park this afternoon so that Everton have the chance to take it... I say that because thats where the undermining of referees can lead to, its one thing now but we've just seen from Project Big Picture, some teams always want more
  • Options
    For those who use Twitter and haven't seen this:

• Options
    For those who use Twitter and haven't seen this:

His Mourinho is good and Kloop is good but his Lampard and Ole were a bit off IMO.

I personally prefer, Darren Farley, but have seen him get a lot of stick for some of his impressions which surprise me, so maybe I am just not a good judge 🤣🤣
  • Options
    I think his Lampard is average/ok, Klopp is really good and Mourinho is absolutely superb. His Ole is dreadful.
  • Options
    Yeah having given it another listen I under played the Mourinho, its better than just good 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm an atheist, but if you read VVD statement his religious views means he will forgive Pickford. He comes across as humble and a good man.

Joe Gomez was out for a year and Danny Ings was about the same with ACL's.

I wish VVD well.
  • Options
    Yeah having given it another listen I under played the Mourinho, its better than just good 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn320phfUKU

:)  :)
  • Options
    @soapboxsam
    People are simply pleased that this unfortunate incident, horrible as it is, happened to Liverpool’s best player. It’s not about him as a person. It’s about Liverpool.

PS. VVD being religious is neither here nor there. It doesn’t make him a good or a bad person and even if it did, it would be irrelevant.

I'm an atheist, but if you read VDD statement his religious views means he will forgive Pickford. He comes across as humble and a good man. 

I wish VVD well.

Me too mate. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @soapboxsam

I'm an atheist, but if you read VDD statement his religious views means he will forgive Pickford. He comes across as humble and a good man. 

I wish VVD well.

Me too mate. 

Thanks, @lordromford I always like to hear from the upper house.
    Now we have established that we want Van Dijk to recover and we don't enjoy his pain.
    Ripping into Scousers is fine with me.

• Options
    Salad said:
    it wasn't malicious from Pickford but it was rash, reckless, dangerous and brainless.
    Appalling disregard for the safety of other, shocked he was not sent off, hopefully will be reviewed and he will get something like a six match suspension.
    It isn't a one off though. He quite often goes in with both feet and is reckless like like you say. Think he done the same to Deli in a match but luckily wasn't a serious injury.
    He needs to cut it out.
  • Options
    There's plenty of ex-Addicks involved in tonights early kick off. Pope, Gudmundsson, Gallagher and Grant start. Button, Ajayi and Stephens on the bench.
  • Options
    I'm an atheist, but if you read VVD statement his religious views means he will forgive Pickford. He comes across as humble and a good man.

I wish VVD well.
    Don’t understand why they let him walk around the pitch back to the dressing room rather than putting him on a stretcher.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    That seen the line ups for West Brom v Burnley: SIX ex Charlton players in the two squads.