Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Anyone that doesn't think Spurs have a title chance are idiots IMO.

They have started so well and made some great signings as well
    Dont think they're good enough for the League title, be surprised if they dont win something under Mourinho though
    Not so sure. Everyone goes on about City and Liverpool's attack, but Bale, Kane and Son aren't bad. Lamela, Alli, Bergwijn, Vinicius and Moura in reserve. On paper their defence is weaker than the two favourites, but with Van Dijk and Laporte out injured that's probably not true now. They got Rodon in aswell so they have some cover at CB. 
    I'm not saying that they can't win the League but, at this stage, I'm not going to get carried away with their chances for four reasons:

(1) As much as they thrashed a very poor on the day United, they couldn't beat, at home, Newcastle and lost to Everton. Sides will close shop a lot better than West Ham can and hit Spurs on the counter when they come to White Hart Lane

(2) Yes they have Bale now but and injury to Son or, especially, Kane could be fatal. And Kane has a nasty habit of being out for a lengthy period as he has been in the last two seasons

(3) Competing in the Europa Cup on a Thursday makes it even harder. When Leicester won the PL they weren't in Europe and were knocked out of both the Carling and FA Cups very early. They only played 43 games in total that season. Spurs will probably have to play between 55-60 games and that's without any international games their players have to manage

(4) I don't think their defence is that good - they haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 10 games
  • They're certainly a good team but the lack of a world class cb will harm them.. Harry Kane is on another level this season so far 
    Do City and Liverpool have a fit world class CB? 
  • Anyone that doesn't think Spurs have a title chance are idiots IMO.

Dont think they're good enough for the League title, be surprised if they dont win something under Mourinho though
    Not so sure. Everyone goes on about City and Liverpool's attack, but Bale, Kane and Son aren't bad. Lamela, Alli, Bergwijn, Vinicius and Moura in reserve. On paper their defence is weaker than the two favourites, but with Van Dijk and Laporte out injured that's probably not true now. They got Rodon in aswell so they have some cover at CB. 
    I'm not saying that they can't win the League but, at this stage, I'm not going to get carried away with their chances for four reasons:

(1) As much as they thrashed a very poor on the day United, they couldn't beat, at home, Newcastle and lost to Everton. Sides will close shop a lot better than West Ham can and hit Spurs on the counter when they come to White Hart Lane

(2) Yes they have Bale now but and injury to Son or, especially, Kane could be fatal. And Kane has a nasty habit of being out for a lengthy period as he has been in the last two seasons

(3) Competing in the Europa Cup on a Thursday makes it even harder. When Leicester won the PL they weren't in Europe and were knocked out of both the Carling and FA Cups very early. They only played 43 games in total that season. Spurs will probably have to play between 55-60 games and that's without any international games their players have to manage

(4) I don't think their defence is that good - they haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last seven games
    I’m not saying they will win it either, but can’t be ruled out. 

Agree with the majority of what you said. But the injury statement applies to Liverpool and City too, and I would say Spurs now have real strength. They even now have a striker to replace Kane, admittedly no idea how he’ll fare. 

No their defence doesn’t look particularly strong, but Liverpool (with VVD) conceded 7 at Villa, Man City 5 at home to Leicester, so I think that applies to them too. With VVD and Laporte out injured, I don’t see a quality defence anywhere in the Prem. 
  • They're certainly a good team but the lack of a world class cb will harm them.. Harry Kane is on another level this season so far 
    City have just spent £100m on centre backs and already have Laporte who is one of the best CBs in the league... Or has been anyway. Liverpool's chance of retaining the title has certainly dropped massively if VVD is out for a long while 

(4) I don't think their defence is that good - they haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last seven games
    Everton was the first game of the season when they were adjusting and Newcastle they drew thanks to a 97th minute penalty.

Liverpool didnt beat Everton, and have lost to Villa
    Man City have drawn to Leeds and lost to Leicester 

So even the favourite 2 have had dodgy results, they have got through a period where they had 6 games in 15 days or something ridiculous like that and only dropped points to Newcastle.

Yes injuries could be an issue but who knows what the future holds, Liverpool didnt have any serious injuries last season and now this season Allison and VVD out for a long period so Spurs may get lucky this season

City have just spent £100m on centre backs and already have Laporte who is one of the best CBs in the league... Or has been anyway. Liverpool's chance of retaining the title has certainly dropped massively if VVD is out for a long while 
    Ake isn’t world class. Dias might be, not sure yet. Laporte is out injured. 
  • Bale incoming

Agree with the majority of what you said. But the injury statement applies to Liverpool and City too, and I would say Spurs now have real strength. They even now have a striker to replace Kane, admittedly no idea how he’ll fare. 

No their defence doesn’t look particularly strong, but Liverpool (with VVD) conceded 7 at Villa, Man City 5 at home to Leicester, so I think that applies to them too. With VVD and Laporte out injured, I don’t see a quality defence anywhere in the Prem. 
    City paid £61m for Ruben Dias who in his last four games whilst playing for Portugal and City against Spain, France, Sweden and Arsenal respectively his side hasn't conceded a goal. Laporte is not too far off being fit either.
  • Sponsored links:

City paid £61m for Ruben Dias who in his last four games whilst playing for Portugal and City against Spain, France, Sweden and Arsenal respectively his side hasn't conceded a goal. Laporte is not too far off being fit either.
    To be fair I fancy City too. I just think Spurs will be right up there. 

The benefit for Spurs might be Mourinhos tactics. He’s often got it spot on defensively and been criticised for lacking in attack. But he could go defensive but leave Bale, Son and Kane to do their thing and it could work out perfectly. 
  • Confirmed ACL damage for VVD

Van Dijk has suffered damage to his ACL and will undergo surgery #LFC
  • Anyone else getting a bit pissed off that, after going 3 up in 15 mins, Spurs haven’t put 6 or 7 past West Ham?
    Yep, second half has been really dull. Thought Bale might liven it up but doesn’t seem like it. 
  • As I say Spurs' defence isn't good enough. And it isn't just the centre backs either.
  • West Ham are back in this now. 

Spurs have been sloppy for 70 minutes
  • Since Bale has come on they are losing 2-0
  • Anyone else getting a bit pissed off that, after going 3 up in 15 mins, Spurs haven’t put 6 or 7 past West Ham?
    Yep, second half has been really dull. Thought Bale might liven it up but doesn’t seem like it. 
    Not dull anymore 
  • And there you have it. 
  • I bloody told you. They are Spurs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What a fucking goal.

Hahaha Spurs getting Spursy
  • Lanzini. Wawaweewa
  • Knew that Bale miss would prove costly
  • Ha ha Bale on at 3-0
  • Spurs ain't winning shit 😂
  • Such a great first time strike
    Ha! Kind of funny that Spurs blew that, but I’d rather see West Ham get a shoeing!
  • Knew that Bale miss would prove costly
    Especially as they lost 3-0 with him on it!
    I expect that, for every fan that is, there are as many that are equally happy that Spurs surrendered a 3-0 lead in the last 10 minutes!