Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Funny old game
  • Awful defensive stats this season in the PL with the big clubs

It's early days of course, but I doubt anyone would have predicted Leicester vs Villa would be 4th against 3rd. Or that Villa would have the best defence
  • Tbh, even at 3-0, we just didnt look comfortable at the back at all.  Not sure what has happened to Alderweireld over the last 12 months but he's nowhere near the player he was alongside Vertonghen.

Oh well, got what we deserved for taking the foot off the gas ar 3-0.  Shame the team didnt apply the same attitude as they did against Utd.  Hopefully will act as a massive kick up the harris.  Had to drive my daughter home at FT so not caught up with the interviews but cant imagine Jose is very happy.
  • Spurs lost 3-3
    West Ham won 3-3 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Tbh, even at 3-0, we just didnt look comfortable at the back at all.  Not sure what has happened to Alderweireld over the last 12 months but he's nowhere near the player he was alongside Vertonghen.

Oh well, got what we deserved for taking the foot off the gas ar 3-0.  Shame the team didnt apply the same attitude as they did against Utd.  Hopefully will act as a massive kick up the harris.  Had to drive my daughter home at FT so not caught up with the interviews but cant imagine Jose is very happy.
    Wonder if Rodon will get a chance pretty quickly.
  • First 0-0 of the season coming

Was always gonna be one of the new box office games as well lol
    And still no goalless draws 
  • Villa's start to the season has been quality. 
  • Villa have done superbly well considering they almost went down last season. 

Good young attacking team and a lot of English players too, hope they keep it up. They have a decent run of games too, they play just one of the 'big 6' in their next 10 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Villa have done superbly well considering they almost went down last season. 

Good young attacking team and a lot of English players too, hope they keep it up. They have a decent run of games too, they play just one of the 'big 6' in their next 10 games.
    All those people saying Grealish should move to a Top 4 club, Villa are now second!
  • Ross Barkley could play his way back into the England set up too
  • edited October 2020
    Confirmed ACL damage for VVD

Van Dijk has suffered damage to his ACL and will undergo surgery #LFC

Any morons on CL still think that was funny because Virgil Van dijk plays for Liverpool ?

I still can't believe Michael Oliver or the idiots doing the VAR didn't see it ?

Too busy looking at the Offside to see it.

VVD should sue Pickford. 
    The Bin Dippers all laughed when Gomes broke his leg against Spurs. 

Many won’t lose sleep over any Liverpool player being injured for 8 months, certainly not this ‘moron’.
  • Confirmed ACL damage for VVD

Any morons on CL still think that was funny because Virgil Van dijk plays for Liverpool ?

I still can't believe Michael Oliver or the idiots doing the VAR didn't see it ?

VVD should sue Pickford. 
    Has any player sued another player in the English leagues before?
  • The pure shite being spouted on MOTD2 tonight - Jonathan Pearce calling Palace v Brighton a local derby, and then Danny Murphy calling Van Dijk the 'best centre back I've ever seen'.
  • Danny Murphy talks utter utter shite. Just full of buzz words like 'energy' 'intensity' 'pace' 'power'. Cnut
  • edited October 2020
    Danny Welbeck has joined Brighton. You imagine his contract is very much geared towards appearance money rather than the base salary!
    Still yet to be convinced that he isn't a donkey

VVD should sue Pickford. 
    Matty Holmes sued Kevin Muscat when he ended his pro career.

That was career ending though, i don't think there's a case to sue a player just because you're out injured for a few months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't Gordon Watson win a case against a Huddersfield player when playing for the Massives?
  • Danny Murphy talks utter utter shite. Just full of buzz words like 'energy' 'intensity' 'pace' 'power'. Cnut
    At one point after they'd just said Brighton had 20 attempts at goal he said ‘39 touches in the opposition box, if you don’t shoot you don’t score.  Simple.’

They shot 20 times mate.
    Still yet to be convinced that he isn't a donkey
    I think he's a lovely player and was surprised Chelsea loaned him out. You are not alone in your opinion though. I have a Chelsea mate that was always saying he was crap and didn't rate him much at all. Barkley divides opinion I think.
    A shame fans can't go to games. I imagine it would be fun being a Villa fan watching Barkley and Grealish this season.

VVD should sue Pickford. 
    Paul Elliott sued Dean Saunders for the career ending tackle that ruptured his knee - and lost
  • edited October 2020
    Confirmed ACL damage for VVD

VVD should sue Pickford. 

Many won’t lose sleep over any Liverpool player being injured for 8 months, certainly not this ‘moron’.

So if it was Joe Gomez that got assaulted you would feel the same ?

This is nothing to do with the views of Liverpool fans. 

This is about a Dutch International footballer and the best CB in the world according to most; being Scissor kicked and no action taken.

Van dijk is religious and believes everything happens for a reason, so would've forgiven Pickford already. 

VVD should sue Pickford. 
    Liverpool press and fans were celebrating Laporte's injury last season. I don't like to see any player injured, but I'm not shedding any tears for VVD or the bin dippers.

As for suing Pickford? Behave.
  • Not like it was malicious from Pickford. It was just plain stupidity.

VVD should sue Pickford. 

So if it was Joe Gomez that got assaulted you would feel the same ?

This is nothing to do with the views of Liverpool fans.

This is about a Dutch International footballer and the best CB in the world according to most; being Scissor kicked and no action taken.

You a Liverpool fan is disguise as this is the shite they are spouting. Terrible tackle but hardly a bloody assault. 
  • Chunes said:
    Not like it was malicious from Pickford. It was just plain stupidity.
    Agreed, apart from Muscat numerous times and Keane on Haaland, a player doesn't usually set out to injure another.

The rules do need looking at. Pickford should 100% be retrospectively banned for that, whether the ref or VAR saw it or not.