Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Think Palace will be fine sadly, there's goals in Batshuayi, Ayew and Zaha, despite the one shot on target at the weekend.
  • Options
    Did anyone else see the Conor Coady post match interview last night?
    One of the best interviews for a while that. Most of these are very similar and its the same soundbites you hear over and over

Conor was interesting in his tactical analysis and funny too. Good interview.

https://youtu.be/6ltWDIioRXw
    Love the Miranda impression at about 2:10 when he's told Max Kilman was MOTM
  • Options
    Think Palace will be fine sadly, there's goals in Batshuayi, Ayew and Zaha, despite the one shot on target at the weekend.
    Ayew has been a good signing for them, not prolific but he scores crucial goals

They're well organised by Roy and won't let many in, which gives them a good chance of nicking points and mid table finishes

Hopefully the owners will eventually get bored of this and bring in a new manager to play more exciting football, like De Boer did... well it was exciting for us anyway!
  • Options
    Palace fans seem largely sick of Roy, though, and his brand of ultra defensive football. Even if it is keeping them comfortably up. 
  • Options
    Zaha, Townsend, Eze, Batshuayi and Ayew should be enough to keep Palace up sadly... If they were to lose Zaha and Batshuayi to injury for any length of time though there is a chance.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Palace fans seem largely sick of Roy, though, and his brand of ultra defensive football. Even if it is keeping them comfortably up. 
    I'm not surprised.

At home to your biggest 'rivals' and your manager sets you up for one attempt at goal which comes from a very dodgy penalty.
  • Options
    Ray has targeted fourth from bottom in the belief they get a trophy for it.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Sheff U, West Brom and Fulham for me
    Same for me
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Ray has targeted fourth from bottom in the belief they get a trophy for it.
    4th bottom is in many ways the trophy

If Dowie/Reed/Pardew had led us to a 4th bottom finish that season, the last 13 years would have been very different  :/
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Bizarrely Chelsea have added 38 year old Petr Cech to their 25 man squad as emergency back up (though in fairness that's not that old for a keeper)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure why Chelsea needed a 4th keeper anyway! Not sure what emergency cover means, is it that  you're allowed another keeper outside your main squad?
  • Options
    Think its clever from Chelsea personally.

Cech is already at the club as a member of staff and is not being given a playing contract, but has been added as a home grown player as emergency cover due to covid incase, Kepa, Cabello and Mendy get covid.

I mean lets face it if those 3 got Covid Cech is a brilliant back up to have in reserve lol
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Bizarrely Chelsea have added 38 year old Petr Cech to their 25 man squad as emergency back up (though in fairness that's not that old for a keeper)
    He’s actually younger than Caballero. 
  • Options
    Think its clever from Chelsea personally.

Cech is already at the club as a member of staff and is not being given a playing contract, but has been added as a home grown player as emergency cover due to covid incase, Kepa, Cabello and Mendy get covid.

I mean lets face it if those 3 got Covid Cech is a brilliant back up to have in reserve lol
    How comes he counts as a home grown player? 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    He’s actually younger than Caballero. 
    My point was more that he's come out of retirement to do it 
  • Options
    Bielsa is ruthless (but also correct). Just subbed off a player after only 20 minutes because he was carded early and was likely going to end up sent off.
  • Options
    Leeds 2-0 up away at unbeaten Villa, Bamford got both. Crazy league.
  • Options
    3-0
  • Options
    3-0 hat trick
  • Options
    I’m shocked how many he’s scoring this season. Didn’t expect it at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His 2nd and 3rd were both superb finishes. Definitely proving the doubters wrong.

This Leeds side are quality.
  • Options
    That 3rd goal was different class. Mad what confidence does to a striker.
  • Options
    First player to score a PL hat-trick for Leeds since Mark Viduka in their 6-1 win at our place. What a shit day that was.
  • Options
    I’m shocked how many he’s scoring this season. Didn’t expect it at all. 
    Amazed, as his finishing stats weren't good last season, considering how many chances Leeds made
  • Options
    Leeds 60% possession, 26 shots with 9 on target. I think that's called "bossing your opponents on their turf" 
  • Options
    As soon as I started Martinez, Konsa and Grealish in my fantasy team, it was always gonna happen.
  • Options
    As soon as I started Martinez, Konsa and Grealish in my fantasy team, it was always gonna happen.
    I brought in Konsa this week and Grealish last week!
  • Options
    Evra v JFH in the studio better than the actual game 
  • Options
    Not the Prem but Ajax won a league game today 13-0. They had 45 shots!
  • Options
    VAR at it's worst again. Somehow Sheff Utd get a penalty for a 'foul' by Fabinho. Replays clearly showed him a) winning the ball and b) it's slightly outside the area.

What do these VAR refs actually see?