Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    That seen the line ups for West Brom v Burnley: SIX ex Charlton players in the two squads.

Seven - Gallagher, Grant, Ajayi, Button, Pope, Gudmundsson and Stephens 
  • Options
    And that must be some sort of record for us? Can't recall seven ex players in the match day squads for a PL game
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Grant had the ball in the net from a Diangana cross but was just offside.
  • Options
    And that must be some sort of record for us? Can't recall seven ex players in the match day squads for a PL game
    This was probably the last time https://www.premierleague.com/match/5940
  • Options
    Amazing to see Ivanovic back playing in the PL - it's over 3 years since he left Chelsea and he'll be 37 in February
  • Options
    First 0-0 potentially incoming
  • Options
    First 0-0 of the season coming

Was always gonna be one of the new box office games as well lol
    As I said 🤣🤣
  • Options
    There's plenty of ex-Addicks involved in tonights early kick off. Pope, Gudmundsson, Gallagher and Grant start. Button, Ajayi and Stephens on the bench.
    Posted in the Gallagher thread, but this is ridiculously impressive to have so many connections in one PL game. 
  • Options
    Leeds play some fantastic football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That seen the line ups for West Brom v Burnley: SIX ex Charlton players in the two squads.

Seven - Gallagher, Grant, Ajayi, Button, Pope, Gudmundsson and Stephens 
    No wonder it finished 0-0  :D
  • Options
    Notice that Max Kilman for Wolves was briefly at Welling
  • Options
    Leeds play some fantastic football
    Very impressed with them, they play with a lot of confidence and composure. And work very hard.
  • Options
    Villa's start to the season has been quality. 
    Not bad for a team who only stayed up because goal-line technology wasnt working 
  • Options
    Not bad for a team who only stayed up because goal-line technology wasnt working 
    Indeed though the shrewd signings of Martinez, Cash, Barkley and Watkins have made a big difference to them
  • Options
    A real sliding doors moment...
  • Options
    Leeds play without fear. 
    They will probably lose more than they win this season but I can't see them finishing in the bottom six. 
  • Options
    Leeds play without fear. 
    They will probably lose more than they win this season but I can't see them finishing in the bottom six. 
    I can't stand Leeds, but Bielsa has made them a joy to watch
  • Options
    Have Sheffield United been found out? It does sometimes happen that a team which is a breath of fresh air in their first season and over achieves, struggles in their second season
  • Options
    So who is going down. Can't see anyone currently top half and take Man Utd out of the below.  Looks like 3 from 8.  

In fact even this early in the season I think it may be 3 from the bottom 5, they look very weak.  Sadly Palace should have just enough again unless they pick up a few injuries to key players.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have Sheffield United been found out? It does sometimes happen that a team which is a breath of fresh air in their first season and over achieves, struggles in their second season
    I think so. They don’t score enough goals.

Next 3 games are Liverpool, City, Chelsea.
  • Options
    Thought Fulham looked a lot better at the weekend bit still might not have enough.. 

Burnley look short of goals.
  • Options
    Will be a big January for Burnley, think they are bang in trouble and will need at least 2/3 signings. Fulham, West Brom and Burnley would be my shout. I think Sheff Utd will just about have enough to finish above those three. 
  • Options
    If Burnley come down we might be able to cash in on the sell on fee for Pope
  • Options
    I'm going Burnley | West Brom | Fulham in no particular order

Wouldnt rule out Brighton but think they've got enough fire power; Sheffield United dont score enough but think they'll just about manage it
  • Options
    Sheff U, West Brom and Fulham for me
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    It's our year, it's our year...

Repeat 10,000 times (and it still won't happen, i know)

Palarse, Fulham and West Brom
  • Options
    I vowed not to mention them because we do it more in hope every year. But I will - Palace.

Only Norwich scored less than them last season. On Saturday, at home to Brighton, they managed just one shot all game and that was the penalty they scored from - the first time since OPTA started to record such stats in 2003/4 that any side has had so few shots. Brighton, by comparison, had 20 shots! In six games this season they have had the grand total of 11 shots on target

They've also had only one clean sheet in their last 13 games so the defence that was the bedrock of keeping them up last season isn't what it was. 

And there is one other thing to throw into the melting pot. Whatever we think of their fans, one cannot get away from the fact that they do get behind their side. Will they suffer more than most without a crowd? Will the likes of Zaha be as inclined to put himself about without them on his case? Admittedly he has 4 goals this season (as many as all of last season) but two were pens and if things stop going his way I can see him having one of his sulks!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Famous last words but I really can't see Brighton going down.
    They're better than at least 5 or 6 sides down there imo