Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Another clanger from Kepa for Chelsea, how can he be so bad yet still get games?!
  • Chelsea spent all that money and nothing on defenders. Let in another three today.

• iaitch said:
    Chelsea spent all that money and nothing on defenders. Let in another three today.

I think if they'd had Thiago and Mendy playing today they'd have won, but yes so far their defence is a problem.

But then defence has also been a problem for City, Liverpool and United. A great season ahead.
  • Why didn't Sterling play for England? Knock?
  • VAR what is the point? Stonewall penalty for Arsenal. Walkers foot is ridiculously high and he makes contact. Ref blows for HT and it’s forgotten about.
  • They will probably threaten to make a breakaway league if they dont get awarded the 3 points 🤣🤣
  • edited October 2020
    Not confirmed yet but there are reports on BeIn Sports on van Dijk‘s injury that he’s done his ACL, and will be out for at least 6 months.

If true that surely tips the title back in City's favour.
  • edited October 2020

Grim. ACL wouldn't be a surprise. Lucky he didn't snap his leg in half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• For all the talk of there defensive frailties thats a decent clean sheet for Man City
  • VVD out for 7-8 months apparently... ACL
  • Penchester United get a Penalty and Bruno Fernandes who never misses a penalty misses the penalty(well it was saved)

Some will say justice was done as it was very soft
  • I think that Bruno Fernandes is a class player. His contributions must have got UTD a lot of points since he joined.
  • edited October 2020
    Genuine question what do people on here make of the Aguero incident.

I have seen people on twitter say its nothing and other people on twitter say its disgraceful and he wouldn't do it to a man

If you haven't seen the incident here it is.

• Bit of a idiotic thing to do... Apparently it is a yellow card offence now but we've seen plenty of times where officials have had a player put their arm around them when talking before now

With Aguero its a bit more silly if he's trying to get her attention... Her reaction to it is pretty spot on though
  • What was the context ? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    What was the context ? 
    A decision went against him, here is longer version

• He definitely wouldn't have done that to a male linesman. Not a good look. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Fuck me, it's absolutely nothing.

If he put his arm on a male lino's shoulder it wouldn't even get a mention. 
    He could probably pat a male lino on the bum and it wouldn't get a mention either. But things are a bit different in context
  • Fuck me, it's absolutely nothing.

If he put his arm on a male lino's shoulder it wouldn't even get a mention. 
    I can sort of see this argument too but the more I look at it the more patronising it comes across to her.
  • VAR had another stinker yesterday for certain but what on earth has happened to the standard of defending in the PL!

We're 5 rounds of matches into the season and I think we're yet to have a 0-0. Some argument that that's a good thing but when the champions have a zero goal difference, Man U are -4, Arsenal are only +2 and Chelsea also seem unable to keep a clean sheet too there's something gone wrong.

There are some abhorations, like the Villa match in that, but I'd have no confidence in any of the top 6 keeping a clean sheet at the moment. 
  • Lookman starting for Fulham against Sheffield United today. 
  • If VVD is out long term, you can add Liverpool to the long list of clubs needing a top CB in January...
  • Chunes said:
    He definitely wouldn't have done that to a male linesman. Not a good look. 
    I reckon he would, plenty have, it's trying to be all matey with the officials etc to get decisions their way.
  • Pickford deserves a ban for that tackle but not sure if he can get one if VAR have already had a look?

Might do Everton a favour though, can Lossl be any worse?  He was quite decent at Huddersfield if I remember rightly.
  • Pickford deserves a ban for that tackle but not sure if he can get one if VAR have already had a look?

Might do Everton a favour though, can Lossl be any worse?  He was quite decent at Huddersfield if I remember rightly.
    They've got some 'keeper on loan from Roma as well

They've got some 'keeper on loan from Roma as well
    Just seen that- had a look who was the keeper on their bench yesterday!
  • I see it's the M23 derby this afternoon, I'm sure the eyes of the world will be focused on that famous clash  ;)