Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• I'd more of it down to the amount of football being played at the moment, we're having a mini pre season at the moment for some clubs, transfer windows are still open, add to that the empty stadiums. 

Perfect season for someone to win who isn't a usual suspect at the top of the league, Everton look good, but I don't think defensively they are as good as Leicester were when they won it for example, the keeper being the biggest issue.  
  • Everton look amazing going forward and are scoring for fun, but i think against better sides their defence may come unstuck. Already conceded twice to West brom, Brighton and even Fleetwood. Although i believe they are trying to sign one or two defenders before the deadline.

The Merseyside derby right after the international break will be a good measure of where they're at.

They need a new keeper

Get a decent keeper and a Centre back to join Mina and they have a chance of champions league football 
    New CB signed in Ben Godfrey 

Doubt they are even looking at a goalkeeper but if they do get one they are looking good
  • I remember a ex professional I can't remember who it was said, that without fans the players were not playing with the same intensity as normal and these game were being played like training games.

He said if you put a camera on a training match this is how many goals and chances you would see, and thats now coming into actual games due to no fans
    That's possibly one reason but i also feel that the times have changed in football.

As Carragher said last night, more and more teams are playing out from the back, their keeper passing it almost to the edge of his own 6 yard box and a lot of sides are now playing (or trying to play) a fast pressing game. Because of that, defences are making more mistakes either with the keeper or defender messing up a pass near to their goal, or a defence is being left exposed by a quick counter because they've pressed high up the pitch.
  • Rothko said:
    I'd more of it down to the amount of football being played at the moment, we're having a mini pre season at the moment for some clubs, transfer windows are still open, add to that the empty stadiums. 

Perfect season for someone to win who isn't a usual suspect at the top of the league, Everton look good, but I don't think defensively they are as good as Leicester were when they won it for example, the keeper being the biggest issue.  
    They need to sign a keeper today if they are serious about the top 4.
  • Tammy Abraham
    Ben Chilwell
    Jadon Sancho

All being investigated for breaching covid rules and having a party for Abrahams birthday

What is wrong with footballers breaking covid rules, when will they learn
  • edited October 2020
    The Villa scorers v Liverpool were all British, 6 by English and 1 by a Scot ..  according to the BBC stats, Liverpool had 70% possession, Villa 30% .. that is very strange in a 7-2 victory for the 30% team.
    No fans ? .. no doubt this is a MAJOR factor affecting the recent bizarre results and huge scores. Away teams (and no doubt some referees) are intimidated by hostile home crowds who are/should be a major influence on the home team, sometimes negatively of course. Conversely away teams can relax more and don't have to endure the abuse and ridicule from home fans. 
  • The Villa scorers v Liverpool were all British, 6 by English and 1 by a Scot ..  according to the BBC stats, Liverpool had 70% possession, Villa 30% .. that is very strange in a 7-2 victory for the 30% team.
    No fans ? .. no doubt this is a MAJOR factor affecting the recent bizarre results and huge scores. Away teams (and no doubt some referees) are intimidated by hostile home crowds who are/should be a major influence on the home team, sometimes negatively of course. Conversely away teams can relax more and don't have to endure the abuse and ridicule from home fans. 
    Teams playing at home against top opposition aren't compelled by fans to get forward. Makes it a lot easier to sit back and hit them on the break.
  • Rothko said:
    I'd more of it down to the amount of football being played at the moment, we're having a mini pre season at the moment for some clubs, transfer windows are still open, add to that the empty stadiums. 

They need to sign a keeper today if they are serious about the top 4.
    They’re in talks with Roma for Robin Olsen on loan.
    They had tried to get Pau López but couldn’t agree with Roma on him.

either way you would imagine it’s back up/competition to Pickford rather than a replacement.
  • edited October 2020
    Rumours going around that Fernandes called Maguire out at HT yesterday, said he was a shit defender and was not fit to wear the shirt among other things, apparently it lead to a massive confrontation and Fernandes was asked to stay in the dressing room with Martial(hence why he was subbed off)

If true about time someone told Maguire he was rubbish, he literally pulled Shaw down yesterday as he was about to clear it for Tottenhams equaliser, and he has blocked his own players in the past, its seriously like he forgets what team he is on at times 🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumours going aroubd that Fernandes called Maguire out at HT yesterday, said he was a shit defender and was fit to wear the shirt among other things, apparently it lead to a massive confrontation and Fernandes was asked to stay in the dressing room with Martial(hence why he was subbed off)

If true about tine someone told Maguire he was rubbish, he literally pulled Shaw down yesterday as he was about to clear it for Tottenhams equaliser, and he has blocked his own players in the past, its seriously like he forgets what team he is on at times 🤣🤣
    I'd say he (HM) has been average  since the World Cup. And that's being fair.

• Now we'll see how good Liverpool are

Allisson injured for six weeks (?) and now van Dijk has gone off injured

Didnt take long for Everton to get back level with the latter subbed
  • Great save from Pickford against TAA after all the stick he's had
  • Great save from Pickford against TAA after all the stick he's had
    Should he have even been on the pitch ? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Great save from Pickford against TAA after all the stick he's had
    Not seen that incident I was out in the kitchen making some lunch
  • edited October 2020
    Muscat-style horror tackle that from Pickford. All his body weight slamming into VVD's knee. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Great save from Pickford against TAA after all the stick he's had
    Not seen that incident I was out in the kitchen making some lunch

Hello Arsene  :D

• edited October 2020
    Ouch yeah just seen the foul... Thats nasty

• Sponsored links:

• That could have been career ending if his leg was planted
  • Why did the Liverpool players just accept their Captain getting a flying scissors kick ?
  • Don't know if I wanna go back to the Prem lads, I hate Liverpool but they've been royally fucked today
  • There’s no such thing as a bad tackle on a Liverpool player
    I hate Liverpool as much as you do.
    But no place for a tackle like that 
  • VAR working wonders again.

Pickford doesn't even get a yellow for an assault. Mane given offside even though despite their stupid lines, i'm convinced the replay freeze frame shows him onside.
  • Goodness gracious me, a VAR decision going AGAINST the Bin Dippers?

Never thought I would see the day!
  • Hahaha what a shame 
  • Offside is offside. 
  • You can’t score with your elbow.