Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull v Charlton | Saturday 20th June |Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Don't say that, or we'll find out in a hour that he broke his leg getting on the bus 
    maybe he left his studs in on that guy that sometimes dyes his hair pink. 
  • Options
    Best wishes @NapaAddick. This year is just relentless.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Interesting comment by Bowyer there, that because it's so quiet, everyone can hear his shouts, including the opposition bench! I guess managers will learn to use alternative ways of passing on secret information
  • Options
    the starting line up was much more attacking than what bowyer had been going with before the lockdown - long may i
    t continue
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    the starting line up was much more attacking than what bowyer had been going with before the lockdown - long may i
    t continue
    Was it ? 3 central midfielders and a blocker at left back, with 2 defensive midfielders?  2 strikers, yes .  Don’t get me wrong, I am delighted we won and it clearly worked but to call that an attacking line up is false.
  • Options
    A very good win.

I think McGeady should be taking the corners.

BTW BBC 5 Live reporter said before the game that he had refused to extend his stay.
  • Options
    42 point now. That would have kept us up last season!

That defeat to Boro was so annoying, is we had held out for a 0-0 bore draw, we'd be 4 points ahead of them now. Amazingly that 3 points was Boro's ONLY win in their last 12 matches, they're almost as bad as Hull.
  • Options
    the players and management can be very proud of this win, a great morale booster just when it was needed .. on now to sort out QPR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hull were very very poor and look nailed on for relegation. Delighted that we took advantage grabbed an away win, it takes some pressure off of our home games against QPR, Millwall, Reading and Wigan.

How many points realistically do we need from here? Even ten doesn’t seem comfortable with the way some other teams are playing.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Massive result for your lot today. Another win and a draw, or even two or three draws and I reckon you’re safe. Bar Barnsley, all the teams below you are dire and won’t pick up much between now and the end of the season. 
    Not a massive fan of Bowyer, but if he keeps you up this season, after all he’s had to endure off the pitch, then fair play to him. Huge achievement. It’ll make a good book one day. 
    Look forward to locking horns on the 3rd of July. Although there probably won’t be much riding on it, just bragging rights (and the charity bets I had with a few on here). 
    Here’s just praying that lot in claret and blue join us down here next season.
     All the best lads 

Either that or stripy nigels get dragged down somehow. I wouldn't say 2 wins would be enough I reckon 51 points total so 9 points from a possible 24 in our remaining games should see us home and hosed. 
    That would be a dream but those smug ****’s are safe. No point getting our hopes up. 

I genuinely don’t think you’ll need anything near that points total. Where do you see the likes of boro, hull or Luton getting the points to catch you if you pick up another few points? Boro and hull are beyond bad and Luton are too far behind. They’ll get a few points but not enough to catch you if you get a few more points b
    12 points behind you ... you never know where we might end out  ;)
    Can I feel another wager coming on? 😉
    I need good odds for that one mate  :)
  • Options
    Hull were very very poor and look nailed on for relegation. Delighted that we took advantage grabbed an away win, it takes some pressure off of our home games against QPR, Millwall, Reading and Wigan.

How many points realistically do we need from here? Even ten doesn’t seem comfortable with the way some other teams are playing.
    Lets forget Millwall thats 0 pts. But them other 3 games we really have to go for 9pts which i think will be enough.
  • Options
    My only concern is why Purrington didn't play at LB. I knew when he joined us they said Oshileja could play right across the back line, but surely if you have a proper & fit left back then you play him. Especially as Oshilaja is right footed. Round pegs in square holes. 
  • Options
    My only concern is why Purrington didn't play at LB. I knew when he joined us they said Oshileja could play right across the back line, but surely if you have a proper & fit left back then you play him. Especially as Oshilaja is right footed. Round pegs in square holes. 
    I'm not sure we'll see Oshilaja there again unless in an emergency. Going forward he was fine but defensively not at all comfortable on that side. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would think it was the fact they thought oshilaja and purrington was not fit enough to last 90 so nerds must. Oshiaja did ok. 
  • Options
    Almost forgot that feeling on a Saturday night (and Sunday) after a win. It was great to see the togetherness in the team today. Confidence levels will be sky high if we can win next week too
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    For those that watched, what did Morgan do well?  seems to be getting rave reviews , which is great to see.  I’ve always been a fan but Lee hasn’t always .  
    Pretty much everything you'd want from a midfield player. Pressed well, tackled hard and mixed up good penetrating passes with the short ones that keep the ball moving and keep you in possession. Just kept making all the right decisions. I was really surprised to see him start, but he is doubtless impressing in training
  • Options
    I would think it was the fact they thought oshilaja and purrington was not fit enough to last 90 so nerds must. Oshiaja did ok. 
    If that was the case wouldn't you start with your recognised left back then change if necessary? 
  • Options
    Is Purrington good though ? 
  • Options
    Could have done with Purrington on at the start. Other than that, I was very pleased. I was especially impressed with McGeady. Pratley and Cullen did well as I would expect, and Morgan lived up to his potential too. We need to follow this up with a couple more wins on the bounce to get out of trouble asap because I'm concerned about our strength in depth in light of this unwarranted 5 substitute rule.