Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull v Charlton | Saturday 20th June |Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Enjoy that. Solid performance. Important win. I wore have taken a draw. Feels good again tonight! COYRs!!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Hemed, Morgan, Cullen, Matthews all very good. Only slight disappointments Bonne and Oshilaja. 
    I thought Deji had a great game.
    He had a decent enough second half but was poor in the first. 
  • Options
    A traumatic few months off the pitch preoccupied with administration, loss of contracted players, probable relegation and playing kids in league 1 next season with ongoing transfer embargo. Then Bowyer and the lads pull that out of nowhere really. Fantastic
  • Options
    The lads played well and looked much fitter.

Need to take that bit more time in the box but couldve been 5!

Hemed impressed and Morgan bi

QPR should not be feared and a week off for more fitness can't help. 

Oshi terrified me and I hope Purrington is there next week but in Bowyer we trust because nobody saw that teansheet today!

• Options
    5 subs was weird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huge result.
    Had no confidence in that starting lineup, but happy to be proved completely wrong.
    We have some winnable home games, Reading & QPR (think Wigan will be tough) and 2 wins may be enough. 
  • Options
    End the season now 

Okay this is weird... when I checked the table at HT, it showed us already with 42 points. On BBC and Sky. Do they update the table DURING matches based on the scores? They never do that in sports here. I kept looking at the table and thinking... the match is not over, how are we in 19th?
    Yeah, its live updates
  • Options
    Not spectacular but comfortable in the end. Hull were poor, we will face much sterner tests. We need to get that second goal to calm the nerves and should have had at least two if not three today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great result and thanks everyone for the updates. Forgot how stressful these Saturdays can be with constantly refreshing the internet and worrying about those last few minutes!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Massive result for your lot today. Another win and a draw, or even two or three draws and I reckon you’re safe. Bar Barnsley, all the teams below you are dire and won’t pick up much between now and the end of the season. 
    Not a massive fan of Bowyer, but if he keeps you up this season, after all he’s had to endure off the pitch, then fair play to him. Huge achievement. It’ll make a good book one day. 
    Look forward to locking horns on the 3rd of July. Although there probably won’t be much riding on it, just bragging rights (and the charity bets I had with a few on here). 
    Here’s just praying that lot in claret and blue join us down here next season.
     All the best lads 

Either that or stripy nigels get dragged down somehow. I wouldn't say 2 wins would be enough I reckon 51 points total so 9 points from a possible 24 in our remaining games should see us home and hosed. 
    That would be a dream but those smug ****’s are safe. No point getting our hopes up. 

I genuinely don’t think you’ll need anything near that points total. Where do you see the likes of boro, hull or Luton getting the points to catch you if you pick up another few points? Boro and hull are beyond bad and Luton are too far behind. They’ll get a few points but not enough to catch you if you get a few more points b
    I agree, I think 7 is enough. 2 wins and a draw, or 1 win and 4 draws. It’s possible but we’re not a very good side so not quite home yet. 

Great result, I thought we were ok but nothing special. Hull are so bad they made us look decent. But we showed the grit and determination that we have become accustomed to under Bowyer. They are vital qualities in a team fighting relegation so we have a fighting chance. 

• Options
    Should have won by a at least a couple of goals, Cullen my MOM, Phillips didn’t have a lot to do, thought he was poor for high balls into the box.
  • Options
    What is Morgans best position, had a great hour today.
  • Options
    Terrible game, great win.

Ive missed watching Charlton win. Everyone enjoy the rest of the weekend. Sebbo always thinking about you. I know you’ll be celebrating our win today.

• Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed that (after the first two mins). Played some nice football at times, everyone played their part and we could have got more goals. Struggle to believe the Sky stats that had them beating us on practically everything. 38% possession. Really?  Luckily, it's goals that win games and there are no doubts about that.   
  • Options
    Didnt watch it on iplayer so had the updates from Kammy, the CAFC twitter (via Golfie jnr) & you's on here.

Another nervy 70 mins but a win's a win. I called it a few days ago but I think Morgan could be our star player as he has an excellent eye for a pass. As many have said already, we really need to bury teams & get the 2nd & 3rd goals. It would also help our goal difference & like last season that could be crucial factor at the end of the day. 

I can see us winning another 3 or 4 games, although after next Saturday we have 3 really tough ones so I'm hoping we can still be above the drop line after we have played Brentford. But the table looks a lot better tonight than it has done for the past 3 months.