Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull v Charlton | Saturday 20th June |Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    End the season now 

Okay this is weird... when I checked the table at HT, it showed us already with 42 points. On BBC and Sky. Do they update the table DURING matches based on the scores? They never do that in sports here. I kept looking at the table and thinking... the match is not over, how are we in 19th?

It's an 'As it Stands' table. Updated in real time.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    End the season now 

Okay this is weird... when I checked the table at HT, it showed us already with 42 points. On BBC and Sky. Do they update the table DURING matches based on the scores? They never do that in sports here. I kept looking at the table and thinking... the match is not over, how are we in 19th?
    Yes @NapaAddick. During the match they show the "As it stands" table reflecting the play taking place.
    Well that is incredibly stressful! 😂
  • Options
    Top result, good performance. The players wanted that, didn't they. 
  • Options
    Hull were terrible. Deserved win but wish we wouldn't concede possession so easily towards the end of games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Add to today’s performance, green , Lapslie & JFC and we have a solid Team there! 

Was a shame Aneke came on and only managed a flash of excitement other than being a little slow , but hopefully he’ll improve!
    morgan was pinging balls and doing the cute passes needed to unlock the defence - think he may be very influential.

who will be this years Poyet!?
  • Options
    Bowyer masterclass... 

if that second goal had gone in from that champagne football of a move their heads would have dropped... instead they huffed and puffed but no real danger.... 

Beat or draw against QPR and we will start to believe... Hemed needs a goal now... Mcgready looked great... 

Overall really decent 
  • Options
    Massive result for your lot today. Another win and a draw, or even two or three draws and I reckon you’re safe. Bar Barnsley, all the teams below you are dire and won’t pick up much between now and the end of the season. 
    Not a massive fan of Bowyer, but if he keeps you up this season, after all he’s had to endure off the pitch, then fair play to him. Huge achievement. It’ll make a good book one day. 
    Look forward to locking horns on the 3rd of July. Although there probably won’t be much riding on it, just bragging rights (and the charity bets I had with a few on here). 
    Here’s just praying that lot in claret and blue join us down here next season.
     All the best lads 

Either that or stripy nigels get dragged down somehow. I wouldn't say 2 wins would be enough I reckon 51 points total so 9 points from a possible 24 in our remaining games should see us home and hosed. 
  • Options
    Woof, I feel dreadful now. Haven’t agonised over every single minute like that in a long time.

My heart still won’t stop going.
    Well, for your sake, let's hope it doesn't.  :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well how good was that!! We could, and should, have won by more, we created some excellent chances. Can only remember Dillion making 2 saves of note, 1 in each half. Every player 'stepped up' and I cant fault anyone of them!! There seems a new 'unity' among them and If we can build on this, then I believe we will stay up....next week is another huge game.....3 more points and another 'together' performance will be on the menu I believe!! COYR's
  • Options
    Convinced we were going to concede in injury time, injury time.

That was a major team performance. Hemed looked as good as he ever has for us.

Proper Captain in Pearce ( you watching Solly, you pansy).

Also Lyle who? 

Teams better without them both on that performance.

• Options
    What can you say other than massive win. Will instill confidence which in a relegation battle is priceless. Worry about where enough goals are coming from. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Hemed, Morgan, Cullen, Matthews all very good. Only slight disappointments Bonne and Oshilaja. 
    I thought Deji had a great game.