Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull v Charlton | Saturday 20th June |Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I am glad that people stopped panic buying loo roll as following Charlton from a far definitely makes me need it.
  • Options
    Staying up is still going to be tough but I think Luton and Hull might have already gone. It’s going to be Barnsley, Boro, Hudds and us. Can’t see Stoke or Wigan getting pulled in. Five points start over Barnsley but they are in excellent form. Are we better or as good as those three ?
  • Options
    The journey home must have a lot of smiling faces.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    8 more 1-0 victories and... Can we make the play offs?

😆😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best wishes @NapaAddick

Fantastic result. 
  • Options
    Don’t be tempted to look too far ahead. Today was great step in the right direction but it was only one step. Many twists and turns to come, with very little to choose between the teams fighting the drop, both in terms of quality and points on the board. This one will run down to the wire. 
  • Options
    Fucking get in there.  That is all
  • Options
    Brilliant result.

Playoffs still possible.
  • Options
    Never in doubt
  • Options
    Brilliant result.

Playoffs still possible.
    If we make the play-offs Lee Bowyer deserves the freedom of Greenwich.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Thought we started off nervy and were struggling to get a foothold in the game. Then Morgan played two or three delicious passes that seemed to bring us to life and gave the whole team confidence.
    Always knew the lad was special, but he seems to have lost a pound or two, and demonstrated today that he has the commitment and dedication to go with his undoubted talent.
    Morgan no doubt started today because he impressed Bowyer in training.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Lee and the boys, sounds like they did us all proud, let’s hope they repeat it in front of the Cardboard End.
    COYRs
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    8 more 1-0 victories and... Can we make the play offs?

😆😉
    Yeah, of course ....... and one of those victories will be over Millwall. :tongue:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I just hope as a result today that we continue on this front foot

Been saying for three months that I felt we'd be fine because we're better at having to chase a position rather than protecting them

We're now back into the latter and whilst today wasnt exactly a perfect attacking performance that we've seen from Bowyer we were certainly better going forward than compared our setup prior to lockdown

Just hope that as a result of climbing out of relegation; Bowyer doesnt now think: "right lets protect what we've got"

Instead should be going into the Queens Park Rangers game as an opportunity to close the gap on them, Sheffield Wednesday etc. rather than nervously looking behind us again

You'd hope that preparation for next Saturday will be easier as Bowyer actually has a game to prepare for

Also credit to Danny Murphy if he's still working in the background!! - From all the games I've seen, ours was one of the fewest which had players going down even with cramp etc.
  • Options
    Did anyone capture the footage of Elliott clapping?

Also, all the best to you @NapaAddick
  • Options
    Pleased that McGeady and Hemed had decent games.  Good all round ‘team’ performance - and that’s what proper Charlton sides gave always been about - greater than the sum of it’s parts.  Enjoying a few snifters imaging I’m on on a train home from Hull.  Proper Charlton :-)
  • Options
    Low scores reflect dire nature of Hull City display against Charlton Athletic: Player ratings

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-charlton-player-ratings-4248185

Meek Hull City quietly slip into relegation zone with defeat to Charlton Atheltic

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/international-football/meek-hull-city-quietly-slip-relegation-zone-defeat-charlton-atheltic-2890516

Amusing that the Yorkshire Post misspells our name both in the headline, and the web address!