Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull v Charlton | Saturday 20th June |Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Are we always the last game to finish?
  • Options
    Oh and Oshilaja underrated?
  • Options
    Thinking of you , @NapaAddick, at this difficult, sad time.

Sleep tight, dear lady.
  • Options
    Condolences Napa. My thoughts are with you and your family at this very difficult time. 
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss @NapaAddick
  • Options
    Over the moon with that win, but God we need that second goal - and early on. Nearly did me in watching the clock at the end.
  • Options
    I’m very sorry for your loss @NapaAddick
    Thoughts with you and yours.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Condolences on your loss, @NapaAddick
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that @NapaAddick there are obviously things much more important than football but hopefully the result added a small amount. You seem like a good guy so all the best to you and the family. 
  • Options
    My thoughts and best wishes to you @NapaAddick and family.
  • Options
    To everyone who wished me well... thank you.
    Mom passed 30 minutes after the match ended. Watching the thread and getting a crucial win was a great diversion from a long week.
    Dad passed much the same, 6 years ago. I am glad we brought her home the last week, as no visitors are allowed in hospitals right now due to Covid. Her two brothers were also in town. It’s been quite a year. 
    We are staying up, we are staying up!!!!
    My sincere condolences to you at what must be a terrible time 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Welcome back @NapaAddick, but omg...
    Thank you. Been very preoccupied with family health issues. Mom is in home hospice and has perhaps hours left. Was at her side til 2am this morning.  Been a rollercoaster for a while so did not have much time to post. 

California has has quite the Covid lockdown compared to some states and my winery has been my focus when mom has not. 

But I just HAD to wake up early to follow this match.
    sorry to hear that mate. Wish you all the best
  • Options
    Massive win, over the moon.

Had to go and start mowing the lawn at 85 mins, forgot just how nerve wracking Charlton holding a 1 goal lead is.

Up the Mighty Reds
    But you have AstroTurf
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Dave2l said:
    I actually think it helps our players at present by not having any fans from either club in a stadium while a game plays.

The club has gone through a strange crazy period and the players need to just solely focus on the football itself.

Fans being present is an extra piece of pressure.

Most of the time, the fans will help and give everyone a boost.

Just a particular time period like this, it is one less thing for them to think about.

They can just solely concentrate on the football and let manager and coaches organise them 👍

They know we love em

I think having no crowd will have different effects on many teams.

Clubs that had the crowd on their backs, may benefit from the release of pressure.

Unmotivated mid tablers, or unprofessional mercenary players may take the opportunity to put in 20% less effort without the crowd imploring them on.

Fortunately we seem to have a good bunch of lads that will try hard for the manager regardless, and dare I say it, some that can wilt a little under the crowds moans of disappointment. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    To everyone who wished me well... thank you.
    Mom passed 30 minutes after the match ended. Watching the thread and getting a crucial win was a great diversion from a long week.
    Dad passed much the same, 6 years ago. I am glad we brought her home the last week, as no visitors are allowed in hospitals right now due to Covid. Her two brothers were also in town. It’s been quite a year. 
    We are staying up, we are staying up!!!!
    Sorry for your loss Napa.
    Take care of yourself and the rest of your family.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your news Napa.

Great win for us, was a bit worried when i saw the team news, Deji at left back, Field and Williams only subs, not much creativity in midfield, Green injured etc.

But we played well and deserved the 3 points. Cannot afford to get too complacent though, as Hull were really awful. If they don't get anything from their next 2 games (Brum away, Boro at home) then i can't see them surviving with their run in.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss @NapaAddick my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. May your mum RIP, god bless you and your family.
  • Options
    Any Charlton trivia folk out there? Is Pearce the first player to score in a competitive game for Charlton in June?
  • Options
    8 points from 8 games would be enough to hit the 50 point target.

Unfortunately, this season, I don't think it'll be enough.
  • Options
    First ten mins or so plenty of that time it looked like a park match with some of the passing of the ball straight off the pitch appalling .
    If Johnny Williams played for palace and was called Zaha the crying on here For his diving would flood the world , I loved it you just knew he was going over every time they came near him ! 

Is McGeady only playing the 3 and going or did I misread someone saying he’s not extending it further somewhere else ? 
  • Options
    First ten mins or so plenty of that time it looked like a park match with some of the passing of the ball straight off the pitch appalling .
    If Johnny Williams played for palace and was called Zaha the crying on here For his diving would flood the world , I loved it you just knew he was going over every time they came near him ! 

Is McGeady only playing the 3 and going or did I misread someone saying he’s not extending it further somewhere else ? 
    Pretty sure he’s here with us for the full 9 games mate. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Dave2l said:
    8 points from 8 games would be enough to hit the 50 point target.

Unfortunately, this season, I don't think it'll be enough.
     You're right, but I think we'll get another 10 points minimum of the remaining 26 available.

No I'm not getting carried away after a 1-0 win... I'm always this deluded.

I predicted 58 points at the start of the season, given the injury crisis etc 52 points would be a great effort.