Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hull v Charlton | Saturday 20th June |Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Dave2l said:
    8 points from 8 games would be enough to hit the 50 point target.

Unfortunately, this season, I don't think it'll be enough.
    I think it might.
    2 wins
    2 draws
    4 losses
    I think from our current position that squeaks by. All we need is just ONE of the teams just below us to play worse than that. Because two of the relegation slots are pretty much taken already.
  • Options
    Must win Saturday,  naff all off the Spanners as usual cannot see much joy after that. Football is a funny ole game though Saint a funny old game!
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss @NapaAddick.
  • Options
    Condolences @NapaAddick

Thought Hull were fairly terrible - reminded me of us last time we went down, some nice touches but nothing that threatened us. 
    Selling their best 2 players in January looks like a crazy move now.
    I think Bonne was off the pace but none of ours had a bad game. This was exactly the game to have Pearce over Naby, it needed that will to win that he has. 
    Onto our next cup final 
  • Options
    Condolences to you and yours @NapaAddick
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that news Napa .
  • Options
    RIP......Napa’s Mum.....RIP.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss Napa, may your mum RIP.
  • Options
    0i 
    david  sylvain you prick.
    Suck on this result and choke. 

Now please piss off. 
    To be fair, if a Palace or Millwall come on here just to join in a fair discussion as both he and 'Millwall Fan' do then I think that they are to be welcomed.

Why would Palace care if we beat Hull anyway?  
    Please don't compare this prick to the millwall fans who come on here for a bit of banter. 

He is a total wum. 
    Well, I've read quite a few of his posts and he (David Sylvian)seems ok to me. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    8 points from 8 games would be enough to hit the 50 point target.

Unfortunately, this season, I don't think it'll be enough.
    It could be but realistically i think 52 points might be needed.

It'd mean Hull needing to win 4 of their last 8. Barnsley needing to win 5 of their last 8. i can't see that happening.

Still amazed by Wigan's turnaround, they were dead and buried. Now on a run of 6 wins and 3 draws from their last 10 games.
    Just shows why PPG is wrong and why Chris Sutton should be kicked off Five Live for being so disrespectful and rude to that Tranmere fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NapaAddick, so sorry to hear of your loss, the Charlton family is supporting you.

• Options
    Condolences @NapaAddick
  • Options
    its all been said i guess. the win gives us hope whereas a defeat would have made things very difficult.
    It's the hope that kills you ( that phrase was invented for Charlton fans? ) I'm sure there's more twists  to come before seasons end.

Brilliant how Lee set the team up,spot on, playing fringe players he identified could make a difference.
    Thinking of Morgon, Hemed, & McGeedy, & to some extent Aneke.

The left back position still concerns me, will Page ever be fit?  Still - onward & upward.     

COYR   
  • Options
    I wouldn't be too concerned about that. We were happy to concede possession whilst we were one up. That is how Bowyer approaches away games. We looked pretty sharp and then defended well. We didn't win too many second balls but we were very hard to break down.
  • Options
    To everyone who wished me well... thank you.
    Mom passed 30 minutes after the match ended. Watching the thread and getting a crucial win was a great diversion from a long week.
    Dad passed much the same, 6 years ago. I am glad we brought her home the last week, as no visitors are allowed in hospitals right now due to Covid. Her two brothers were also in town. It’s been quite a year. 
    We are staying up, we are staying up!!!!
    Ahh shit ! So sorry to hear that Napa, I know you were expecting it & maybe it's a welcome relief for your poor Mum but even so it's dreadful for you & the family. :-(
    Take care.
  • Options
    Based upon yesterday’s’ performance, I can’t see Hull getting too many more points. They have to play Birmingham, Middlesbrough, West Brom, Bristol City, Millwall, Wigan, Luton and Cardiff. If we at least match what they do, we should be ok. But I think we still have a couple more wins And a couple of draws in us
  • Options
    The more I think about it, the more I realise that Saturday was a must win match. If we had drawn that, we would have been without the confidence boost, still in the bottom 3 behind Hull and Boro AND only 3 points ahead of Barnsley.

The previous 3 matches we'd lost without even scoring, a nil nil would have made that 4 in a row.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Napa... all the best mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't be too concerned about that. We were happy to concede possession whilst we were one up. That is how Bowyer approaches away games. We looked pretty sharp and then defended well. We didn't win too many second balls but we were very hard to break down.
    Yeah, I accept your point, but it would be good to play the ball around with a bit more authority, and make them work harder to get it back off us. It'd tire them out a bit more at least.
    On the other hand, we did get the three points :-)
  • Options
    We seem so comfortable in empty stadiums it almost feel unfair. Oohh the echo echo echo
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss Napa.  RIP to your Mom. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Yeah, I accept your point, but it would be good to play the ball around with a bit more authority, and make them work harder to get it back off us. It'd tire them out a bit more at least.
    On the other hand, we did get the three points :-)
    It is how I would approach it. But I'm sure everybody is relieved Bowyer is in charge rather than me. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    _MrDick said:
    Based upon yesterday’s’ performance, I can’t see Hull getting too many more points. They have to play Birmingham, Middlesbrough, West Brom, Bristol City, Millwall, Wigan, Luton and Cardiff. If we at least match what they do, we should be ok. But I think we still have a couple more wins And a couple of draws in us
    Hull against Boro is yet another massive 6 pointer in the relegation battle, as I have a sneaky suspicion that Barnsley will climb to safety and get near us in the table, so we may need to finish above both Hull and Boro...
    Think Barnsley will give it a right good go, but also believe they’ll drop points against Millwall on Saturday, meaning a win for us could see us be 7-8 points clear of them with 7 to go.

There are going to be so many twists and turns, especially with so many playing one another down the bottom too. We just need to follow up our result yesterday with 3 points against QPR.
    When have Millwall ever done us a favour?
  • Options
    I reckon Lyle would have scored a few on Saturday. I know, I know, he’s gone, move on but he certainly felt like a missing link up front. I think he would have had a field day against a woefull Hull team. Time for Anneke, McGeady and Bonne to shine. Will they? Can they?
  • Options
    Just caught up on this thread, sincere condolences to @NapaAddick