Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts on Chris Solly not playing (Dec 20 - Page.6 signs for Ebbsfleet)

Comments

• Options
    Just read that again (having read it when you first posted it) and again I will state that if Solly had been mis represented then why not just say so. His got his own voice & is old enough to right any wrongs. But once again he has decided just not to say anything.

I'm sorry, I'm always of the mind that you should stand up & say your piece. Not like the "No Comment" interviews suspects give. If it were me I would be making very clear what happened. 
  • Options
    IF Solly and Taylor did exactly the same thing in June, what I disagree with is people treating them differently here. Just because one of them was more important to us than the other, it doesn't make their actions any different, and so far we've still had no explanation why Solly didn't play on until the end of the season. 6 months later. Until he comes forward and explains why, why should I assume that he's any different to Taylor?

After all if Aneke and Oshilaja both refused to play for us tomorrow because they had lucrative moves lined up in January, it would be just as inconsistent if we had 10 pages on here slagging Aneke off, but ignored Oshilaja because he's less important to the team
  • Options
    Well you've turned on Bowyer. You've just called him a liar.
  • Options
    IF Solly and Taylor did exactly the same thing in June, what I disagree with is people treating them differently here. Just because one of them was more important to us than the other, it doesn't make their actions any different, and so far we've still had no explanation why Solly didn't play on until the end of the season. 6 months later. Until he comes forward and explains why, why should I assume that he's any different to Taylor?

After all if Aneke and Oshilaja both refused to play for us tomorrow because they had lucrative moves lined up in January, it would be just as inconsistent if we had 10 pages on here slagging Aneke off, but ignored Oshilaja because he's less important to the team
    Why should you assume he is the same as Taylor based on Bowyer say so.

Why should Solly be forced to explain himself, just because someone has lied about him.

If he is happy enough that enough people known the truth and eventually the truth will come out, and he is content with that for now then fair enough.

Chris Solly has always seemed a man of dignity and class, and he has friends at the club like Jacko, so there is always the possibility he is worried that there could be potential fall out on them or maybe even fall out on the club I:E fans turn on Bowyer which effects the players.

So maybe, just maybe he is being professional and waiting until the day Bowyer leaves the club whenever that is to finally reveal what happened 
    So Bowyers a liar and someone who has said nothing is telling the truth.   :(
  • Options
    Far too good for this league, but wish him good luck. Hope he gets a move in the January window.
    Have feeling he might be cut out to be a coach/manager of some standing
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Why should Solly be forced to explain himself, just because someone has lied about him.

If he is happy enough that enough people known the truth and eventually the truth will come out, and he is content with that for now then fair enough.

Chris Solly has always seemed a man of dignity and class, and he has friends at the club like Jacko, so there is always the possibility he is worried that there could be potential fall out on them or maybe even fall out on the club I:E fans turn on Bowyer which effects the players.

So maybe, just maybe he is being professional and waiting until the day Bowyer leaves the club whenever that is to finally reveal what happened 
    Solly talks about people at the club he has a lot of respect for being Keith Peacock, Steve Avory and Chris Parkes but no mention of Jacko. Undoubtedly he will rightly refer to the 11/12 era as the highlight of his career but Jacko was also part of that team and doesn't get a mention while Kermo also being a team mate did, but even with falling out with Bowyer surely he'd give Jacko a mention?

And isn't it also odd that this interview was originally going to be done on the club website but instead was run through the SLP.

Something really doesn't add up.
  • Options

Solly talks about people at the club he has a lot of respect for being Keith Peacock, Steve Avory and Chris Parkes but no mention of Jacko. Undoubtedly he will rightly refer to the 11/12 era as the highlight of his career but Jacko was also part of that team and doesn't get a mention but even with falling out with Bowyer surely he'd give Jacko a mention? Kermo got a mention too.

And isn't it also odd that this interview was originally going to be done on the club website but instead was run through the SLP.

Something really doesn't add up.
    The interview he done with the club was done and was stopped going out but senior management, which tell you its more they don't want certain facts to get out and disrupt the team than anything else
  • Options
    sounds to me as though bowyer rumbled both taylor and solly and threw them both under the bus - fair enough in my book 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    All the best  Chris, you weren’t the reason we got relegated.
    Neither was Taylor.
    So our best scorer not playing 9 games was not a reason we went down when we were one goal short of a draw several times.
    Not forgoing that the goal Aneke scored was not if side against Reading. 
    @addick1956

Officer Crabtree from 'Allo 'Allo ! 
  • Options
    Great player in his day but by last season he wasn't the same player. Didn't take players on & so invariably when he crossed the half way line with the ball his only real option was to pass sideways or backwards. 

However, he let the team (and therefore its fans) down by not being available after June 30th. The season was still in progress so in my mind he basically worked to rules & decided that was it. Not acceptable in my book......either by him or Taylor. That's why both will get boo-ed, jeered & catcalled by the Golfie family any time they play against us.

And as someone has previously said......he says a lot in that article but didnt address that main issue. Poor form in my book. 
    I really hope when it comes out that he never actually refused to play, you take this back, because this is not the first time you have said this, despite being told many times this is not whay happened
    If you know, definitively, what did happen please let us know because otherwise the speculation will continue.
    I have already said what I have been told that I was told by someone close to Chris and it was confirmed by someone who works at the club but I am not naming names
    Will it put Solly in a good light?

Hopefully so.
  • Options
    All the best  Chris, you weren’t the reason we got relegated.
    Neither was Taylor.
    So our best scorer not playing 9 games was not a reason we went down when we were one goal short of a draw several times.
    Not forgoing that the goal Aneke scored was not if side against Reading. 
    His contract finished after 3 games.
  • Options
    Got sent off today

I'd forgotten Solly was still at Ebbsfleet and hadn't been picked up by a higher club in January. 
  • Options
    Retaliated after a bad tackle.  I'm sure there's plenty at that level.
  • Options
    Got sent off today

I'd forgotten Solly was still at Ebbsfleet and hadn't been picked up by a higher club in January. 
    Agreed, higher club/level theory has been blown out the water. He's at his level now, especially when getting sent off.
  • Options
    Got sent off today

Once you don the Ebbsfleet shirt, any other club is a step backwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got sent off today

Once you don the Ebbsfleet shirt, any other club is a step backwards. you're tarnished forever more
    Correction  ;)
  • Options
    What went wrong then I wonder, I thought Solly had gone to Ebsfleet to get match fit in time for the January transfer window
  • Options
    MattF said:
    What went wrong then I wonder, I thought Solly had gone to Ebsfleet to get match fit in time for the January transfer window
    Hard to get a contract at present and given his injury record I doubt clubs were queuing up. Plenty of players left high and dry.
  • Options
    Solly said that there were offers abroad but were not suitable and COVID made things difficult.  It would be interesting to know who these clubs were.
  • Options
    Should go abroad, if next season is almost back to normal.  Can't see him being offered a contract in the second tier of the top 3 leagues, or the next tier of quality Portugal/Belgium/Holland.  Somewhere like Cyprus?  I wonder how easy it is in Europe now we're outside EU.
  • Options
    https://nonleaguedaily.com/ex-charlton-man-solly-commits-to-ebbsfleet/

He'll be at Ebbsfleet next season as well, also taking on a coaching role

Quite a comedown really, considering he was at a Tier 2 club last season and now is in Tier 6
  • Options
    https://nonleaguedaily.com/ex-charlton-man-solly-commits-to-ebbsfleet/

He'll be at Ebbsfleet next season as well, also taking on a coaching role

Quite a comedown really, considering he was at a Tier 2 club last season and now is in Tier 6
    Something doesn't add up here.  Solly is better than conference South!!!

I know he's had his injury problems, but surely could get a league club. Whether it's a lack of confidence or self belief I don't know, but something is not right with Solly & I personally find his decline rather sad