Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts on Chris Solly not playing (Dec 20 - Page.6 signs for Ebbsfleet)

Comments

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    Well I think of all the possible reasons he left, greed can probably be ruled out, which makes it a lot easier for me. 
    Agreed. For me it was a personality clash with Bowyer, Solly probably strong enough to stand up to him & we know what that means! 
  • Options
    Upwards move as far as I am concerned...up the ebbsfleet....
  • Options
    Like everyone else, I was really sad about how Solly's time with us ended. Completely baffling for a commensurate professional like Chris, particularly given his track record with the club. I expect there's more to it than meets the eye.

I hope he does well at Ebbsfleet and finds a way of extending his career.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    All I have to say is.........

"How did that work our for you Chris....?  Still think you did the right thing by not honouring your contract & seeing out the season with your feet up on the basis that if you got injured during June & July your '"career" would be over ? "

Chickens have surely come home to roost.
  • Options
    I’m interested to know what happened, we are seeing a different side to bowyer in recent times so
    maybe there is some truth in the rumours.

I doubt he will get a league club, but good luck anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    Well I think of all the possible reasons he left, greed can probably be ruled out, which makes it a lot easier for me. 
    Wait really? He's joined Ebbsfleet to get fit... I don't expect him to not expect to be on a better contract.
  • Options

"How did that work our for you Chris....?  Still think you did the right thing by not honouring your contract & seeing out the season with your feet up on the basis that if you got injured during June & July your '"career" would be over ? "

Mmmmm.......I see.
    You’ve made up your mind before you know the facts.........nothing new there then.
  • Options

If anything this confirms that there were issues between him and Bowyer - He wouldn't have left if there weren't as like you say its not a lucrative move that has aided his career so there was obviously something deeper going on
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Agreed. For me it was a personality clash with Bowyer, Solly probably strong enough to stand up to him & we know what that means! 
    Or he wasn't strong enough & Bowyer has really messed Solly up mentally 
  • Options
    Shame some of the comments on twitter, but I guess thats to be expected.

When the truth comes out, these people making the comments wont even be man enough to take it back and admit they were wrong.

Good luck Chris and hopefully when the truth is out a few more people are on your side
    Do you know more than has been stated publicly or do you just suspect that there’s more to it?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    All the best  Chris, you weren’t the reason we got relegated.
    Neither was Taylor.

Elf, bizarrely Taylor was the reason we got relegated But because of his injury during the season playing for his dad's country of birth rather than not playing in the 3 matches when still under contract. We took 7 points from 9 in those matches.

Because of the shithouse way the chancer and wanker Southall treated Lyle" my door is always open"  created the atmosphere where Taylor put his own self interest first.

Chris Solly was more to do with his relationship with Lee Bowyer; which broke down as Chris fell down the pecking order. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    se9addick said:

When the truth comes out, these people making the comments wont even be man enough to take it back and admit they were wrong.

Good luck Chris and hopefully when the truth is out a few more people are on your side
    Do you know more than has been stated publicly or do you just suspect that there’s more to it?
    Paulie definitely knows more than whats been said publicly

He mentioned it on here a few pages back 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I did say a few pages ago what I knew that I was told from someone close to Solly and then confirmed by someone close to the club.

Also any that didnt believe it beforehand has surely seen the way LB has behaved recently and can see that something could easily have happened behind the scenes with him and Solly and he just threw him under the bus
  • Options
    On the train to Charlton from Waterloo east...there are Charlton fans guys in their late twenties maybe early thirties all not wearing masks.
  • Options
    On the train to Charlton from Waterloo east...there are Charlton fans guys in their late twenties maybe early thirties all not wearing masks.
    Oops wrong thread lol..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pretty clear to most people that's not what happened with Solly.

There's no way Solly refused to play ahead of a big lucrative move like Taylor did. 
  • Options
    Curbs fell out with a few. Didn’t make him a bad manager.
    Had Jason Euell training with the reserves, which was the best known one.
    These things happen.
  • Options
    Did Ebbsfleet's 3-0 defeat on Saturday come too soon for Solly or was he playing does anyone know?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Did Ebbsfleet's 3-0 defeat on Saturday come too soon for Solly or was he playing does anyone know?
    Not according to their site, wasn’t in the squad.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Not according to their site, wasn’t in the squad.
    Did he refuse to play again?

;) 
    Yup refused to play incase it scuppered a big money move next month. 
  • Options
    I'm sure Solly fell out with Bowyer. Could have been exacerbated by the stresses of the Covid situation. Who knows, but we all know the mental affects of this disease. It's all part of life. Shame for Solly and Charlton but it is what it is. Good luck Chris.