Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thoughts on Chris Solly not playing (Dec 20 - Page.6 signs for Ebbsfleet)

Comments

• Senpai said:
    Sorry if it's already been raised else where in another thread but has there been any more news on Chris Solly. 
    Who?
  • Am glad we didn't him to cover at CB
  • Assume we're still waiting for the outcome of PFA inquest/investigation
  • Croydon said:
    Assume we're still waiting for the outcome of PFA inquest/investigation
    Really? Was there one?

Bows was v annoyed/ upset by Taylor and Solly. Got to wonder if that adds to his impatience with any current players whom he may perceive as having prima donna tendencies.
  • Since the Bosman ruling gave all the power to players and Agents, football went from players being sold from one club to another with them not always having much say, to going on strike with no ramifications or penalties from the premier league or EFL.

Taylor, Fraser, Hendricks etc, knew they could stop playing for the final few weeks of their contracts and probably not face any penalties: this does appear to be the case.

With Chris Solly, as we haven't heard he's been playing, not even for a lowly Kent League side to keep match fit; WTF did happen ? 

• edited December 2020
    Ebbsfleet really do love our ex players. Good luck to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems like it's a way for him to regain fitness in the hope he gets a better move in January. Hopefully we can now be told the truth about what happened at the end of last season.
  • interesting 
  • Good luck to him 
  • Good luck Chris. Great signing for Ebbsfleet
  • edited December 2020
    He will get kicked to kingdom come in that league.Hope his knees hold out.
  • Tough league to play in. Imagine his class at that level will show but will be tough with the standards of pitches and how physical that division is.
  • Good signing for them?.
  • Since the Bosman ruling gave all the power to players and Agents, football went from players being sold from one club to another with them not always having much say, to going on strike with no ramifications or penalties from the premier league or EFL.

Taylor, Fraser, Hendricks etc, knew they could stop playing for the final few weeks of their contracts and probably not face any penalties: this does appear to be the case.

With Chris Solly, as we haven't heard he's been playing, not even for a lowly Kent League side to keep match fit; WTF did happen ? 

A day after I wondered about Solly and why he wasn't playing for a lowly Kent team he follows in the footsteps of Laurie Wilson(now left) and signs for Ebbsfleet.
    Not the Kent League but National League South so the 6th tier of the football pyrimid.

He played over 300 games for Cafc and that was a sad ending. Two sides to every story and it would be interesting to hear CS.

Not far from home for training and home games so it looks a good move.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    The NLS is a decent standard. It's not a pub league where people just go round kicking the crap out each other

The hugely experienced 29-year-old began training with the club this week to retain fitness as he looks to transfer window opportunities in the New Year

I'm not sure that makes sense, as he was a free agent. Any EFL club could have signed him and played him. before January. Clearly he does have something to prove in terms of his fitness, and dare I say it hunger
  • cafctom said:
    Statement on their website makes it clear that the plan is for him to find a more permanent home in the January window.

A drop of 4 divisions from Championship to National League South is massive though for someone of his ability, and under the age of 30
    And meanwhile that gives Ebbsfleet extra defensive cover over the intense Christmas & New Year schedule.

• Shame some of the comments on twitter, but I guess thats to be expected.

When the truth comes out, these people making the comments wont even be man enough to take it back and admit they were wrong.

Good luck Chris and hopefully when the truth is out a few more people are on your side
  • Well, congratulations on never conceding again Ebbsfleet. Hope his knees handle the pitches alright but that's a great signing for them
  • Solly is not yet 30 so quite a coup for Ebbsfleet.

I believe I read somewhere that he is doing his coaching badges so perhaps this gig is a start there too.
  • I reckon he will play more CM that RB for them. Great signing for them and hope he enjoys his football there. 
  • Can’t help but still like Solly despite what happened.  Am sure there is more to it than what’s come out so far!