Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Sarr seems a bit slow of thought. For the first, I think his and Pratleys men stayed together, Pratley's man ran loose but Sarr was best placed to track but because it wasn't his man he was indecisive. Second goal he had to attack the ball and allowed a big lump to go through him. I see why it was not given as a foul. 

But I think if we are going to blame Sarr it is missing the point. Our approach was wrong at the start and the end. I can tell you now, you don't give them as many set pieces as we did today. It is f*ing stupid as that is how they score their goals. We settled for a point at the end which allowed them to be more offensive and they won set pieces as a result.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    ct_addick said:
    It was a foul but Sarr needed to attack the ball. You don't get them decisions in these sort of games. The annoying thing is we were better but they wanted it more.

Nobody wanted it more than Josh Cullen.....feel gutted for him worked his socks off and was MOTM
    One player you knew wouldn’t shirk a game at the den and he’s not even ours.
    Thought Cullen, Gallagher and Philips were the only ones to come out of it with any credit.  The rest of them let themselves down 
    Would add Lockyer / Matthews / Bonne as well
  • Options
    Oh......and we are still here.

Complete joke.

• Options
    Bollocks... just fucking bollocks. Why why why?????
  • Options
    Naby Sarr 2 Charlton 1.
    Sarr & Leuth can fuck right off.
    So utterly predictable. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Reality check today.

Duchatelet has given Bowyer a squad from Primark to compete with Harrods.

In the circumstances Lee has worked wonders but the truth is if we finish 21st or better it will be a miraculous season.
    Millwall are more Ratners than Harrods
  • Options
    Some complete kn#bs in the Charlton end today. And that resulted in no proper atmosphere. People shouting 'yer S#IT Purrington' when he'd just cleared it. Honestly felt that impacted on things. A full singing away ends could have made a difference. Today was crap. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After our equaliser, we did absolutely sweet FA. They were there for the taking FFS!
  • Options
    Having seen that goal if that's a defender on a striker it's a penalty every day of the week
  • Options
    Oh......and we are still here.

Complete joke.

Spoke to a Pikey mate last night in the pub.... Apparently he said the away fans get let out first now, obviously by your post that isn't true.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Leuth said:
    Ball is coming in and he's already all over him, arm in the back of the neck. Yeah Sarr could have tried to jump earlier but...well, idk. It's not a clear-cut get-rid-of-him error, as if any error could be.

Now compare it with this at 2:22?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQ1BJf4p9Q
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Ball is coming in and he's already all over him, arm in the back of the neck. Yeah Sarr could have tried to jump earlier but...well, idk. It's not a clear-cut get-rid-of-him error, as if any error could be.

Bollox.

You would have a valid point had it been someone like Oztumer. 
    But Sarr is a giant. 
    Stop defending the indefensible 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Having seen that goal if that's a defender on a striker it's a penalty every day of the week
    I think it is given as a goal around 60% of the time. Away at the Den, maybe 80% of the time. For me, it was a foul but refs seem to apply different standards when it happens in the area. And for home sides too.
  • Options
    Pissed up polish guy who celebrated when Millwall got the winner in the charlton end is stil here with us
  • Options
    Knew what would have been the result before the game. Didn't expect it to be so close.

You won't win with 6 shots a game.

You won't win not defending as a unit.

You won't win with Pearce and Sarr alongside one another.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    cabbles said:
    ct_addick said:
    It was a foul but Sarr needed to attack the ball. You don't get them decisions in these sort of games. The annoying thing is we were better but they wanted it more.

Nobody wanted it more than Josh Cullen.....feel gutted for him worked his socks off and was MOTM
    One player you knew wouldn’t shirk a game at the den and he’s not even ours.
    Thought Cullen, Gallagher and Philips were the only ones to come out of it with any credit.  The rest of them let themselves down 
    I'd add Lockyer and Pratley to that list but otherwise agreed.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    @Covered End and @Stu_of_Kunming can both do one. Completely unnecessary personal abuse of Leuth on the match thread. Yeah I know he's very VERY stubborn re Sarr but it doesn't warrant you guys being such unrequitable bells. 
    So because he's your mate he's allowed to troll the match thread as much as he likes? Nah, don't think so.
    Just seen he told you to fuck off. Apologies - as I've been at the game I didn't see this, and only caught the end of the thread. 

In which case, @Leuth what the fuck are you playing at? That's completely unacceptable. I still remember you screaming "fuck sake" at a 14 year old and I thought after literally everyone gave you a dressing down, that you'd have the sense to chill. Apparently not. Come on, that's properly shit of you. 
    You mean he screamed at a 14 year old and you still associate with him?

That's a shame to hear as that's the sort of thing people should be disowned for, you can't just go around abusing children.

Who the **** are you anyway?
    Someone who doesn't abuse children, you vile little man.
    I will admit I sometimes got angry when playing cricket - this was ten years ago - and when in the midst of being hit for lots of boundaries, their guy skied one and said kid didn't go for the ball as it plopped a yard in front of him, I lost my rag (and later apologised). I will cop to it. But that kind of thing happens on the sports field. I've worked on my short fuse. You are a devious troll, however, who about ten minutes ago referred to Sarr having the 'mind of a banana'. I wonder what made you say that?
    What made me say he has the mind of a banana? The fact that his brain turns to mush every so often. Isn't that obvious by the two goals he gifted Millwall today?
    Leuth playing the race card...What a suprise.

And my comment pointing out that Leuth was personally offensive to someone by telling them to f off is removed, yet his actual post telling the person to f off isn't? Brilliant.
  • Options
    If Naby had tried to win the ball then yes, maybe that is a foul. But he stood there and actually ducked.

As Bowyer said, Smith wanted it more. Bottom line.
  • Options
    I friggin hate football 
  • Options
    Tempted to close all my social media, pack a case, start a new life somewhere remote with shite 3G signal like Norway and never let this weak football club hurt or piss me off again. 
    This all day long
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I friggin hate football 
    I fucking hate millwall