Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Our most ‘intimidating’ centre back in terms of size is our weakest player physically. We need a big, strong, tall no nonsense centre back. Pearce can do it now and then as he did against Mitrovic but we are so predictable. Look at last week against Stockley - we couldn’t cope with him. it is a clear weakness and an opportunity for opposing teams to take advantage. Aligned with Gallacher being given a lot less time on the ball than at the start of the season we need to adapt. 

This is always an emotive game and local pride is so important. With a full squad I think we will do them at the Valley. But we are mid table after just over a third of the season gone. We have had some tremendous highs already. My slight worry is that against teams we are competing directly against we are giving away points. It’s no good beating the likes of Leeds, Derby and grabbing draws against the WBAs of the world if we lose against Birmingham, Wigan and today’s lot.

A good challenge for the management team over the international break.
  • Options
    heavenSE7 said:
    http://sendvid.com/j0qakuzr

Not sure it's a foul. It was a high looping corner to the back post and he is flat footed with his back to Smith. If I'm the striker that header is there for the taking. 
    Never a foul. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    @Covered End and @Stu_of_Kunming can both do one. Completely unnecessary personal abuse of Leuth on the match thread. Yeah I know he's very VERY stubborn re Sarr but it doesn't warrant you guys being such unrequitable bells. 
    So because he's your mate he's allowed to troll the match thread as much as he likes? Nah, don't think so.
    Just seen he told you to fuck off. Apologies - as I've been at the game I didn't see this, and only caught the end of the thread. 

In which case, @Leuth what the fuck are you playing at? That's completely unacceptable. I still remember you screaming "fuck sake" at a 14 year old and I thought after literally everyone gave you a dressing down, that you'd have the sense to chill. Apparently not. Come on, that's properly shit of you. 
    You mean he screamed at a 14 year old and you still associate with him?

That's a shame to hear as that's the sort of thing people should be disowned for, you can't just go around abusing children.

Who the **** are you anyway?
    Someone who doesn't abuse children, you vile little man.
    So he was contrite in apology, and didn't actually scream *at* the person in question. I didn't make that clear. But it was still appalling behaviour.

The incident happened while playing cricket and I'm pleased to report we're still all on the same team, and it's an excusable outburst that has been addressed. 
  • Options
    The writing was on the wall in the last 15 minutes. Our players looked completely knackered. It's worrying how often we run out of energy in the closing stages of matches.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    @Covered End and @Stu_of_Kunming can both do one. Completely unnecessary personal abuse of Leuth on the match thread. Yeah I know he's very VERY stubborn re Sarr but it doesn't warrant you guys being such unrequitable bells. 
    So because he's your mate he's allowed to troll the match thread as much as he likes? Nah, don't think so.
    Just seen he told you to fuck off. Apologies - as I've been at the game I didn't see this, and only caught the end of the thread. 

In which case, @Leuth what the fuck are you playing at? That's completely unacceptable. I still remember you screaming "fuck sake" at a 14 year old and I thought after literally everyone gave you a dressing down, that you'd have the sense to chill. Apparently not. Come on, that's properly shit of you. 

That's a shame to hear as that's the sort of thing people should be disowned for, you can't just go around abusing children.

I will admit I sometimes got angry when playing cricket - this was ten years ago - and when in the midst of being hit for lots of boundaries, their guy skied one and said kid didn't go for the ball as it plopped a yard in front of him, I lost my rag (and later apologised). I will cop to it. But that kind of thing happens on the sports field. I've worked on my short fuse. You are a devious troll, however, who about ten minutes ago referred to Sarr having the 'mind of a banana'. I wonder what made you say that?
    What made me say he has the mind of a banana? The fact that his brain turns to mush every so often. Isn't that obvious by the two goals he gifted Millwall today?
  • Options
    Doesnt matter i'm afraid Bow, the scoreline is what matters. We arent clinical enough. Been a problem for quite a while now unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth I like you as a poster on here and I would probably like you as a person should we ever meet.
    But ffs you cannot defend Sarr on today's performance he was a liability. 
  • Options
    In these uncertain times of political instability and climate emergency it’s nice to know that some things will never ever change.

Entire team bottled the first 25 minutes. Millwall were shit and there for the taking but we never take them and two moments of schoolboy ball watching from Sarr cost us dearly.

We actually played alright at times - their keeper kept them in it first half - but this is Charlton at the Den. All so fucking inevitable. The frustrating thing is in a game we might get physically dominated it was our biggest strongest player who let us down. 

Hopefully we can get some bodies back for Cardiff as it needs a little bit of a shake up right now but our options are limited at the moment. 
  • Options
    Tempted to close all my social media, pack a case, start a new life somewhere remote with shite 3G signal like Norway and never let this weak football club hurt or piss me off again. 
    Bergen Life.......
  • Options
    Sat in Millwall end with mixture of us and them. Our fans were decent, could hear us in parts certainly better than theirs
    We were never going to win and I couldn't watch their last attack.
    2 crap teams but thought we didn't play too bad, probably the better side but game should have ended as a draw
  • Options
    One thing LB could do is to send the players down to the concourse & see what we are having to put up with. 

I suppose at least the toilets are working this time........even if it does resemble a flood down here.
    Go and take a massive shit in one of their sinks😎
  • Options
    One thing LB could do is to send the players down to the concourse & see what we are having to put up with. 

I suppose at least the toilets are working this time........even if it does resemble a flood down here.
    Here it is folks, this weeks exciting episode of "Bogwatch"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In other words, Naby wasn’t hungry to win it. 
  • Options
    heavenSE7 said:
    http://sendvid.com/j0qakuzr

Not sure it's a foul. It was a high looping corner to the back post and he is flat footed with his back to Smith. If I'm the striker that header is there for the taking. 
    Not a foul....?!?!.  

Smith is all over Sarr......virtually pushes him onto the ground & not leting Sarr get a jump in. 

Put it this way........otherway round & its a pen. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

I will admit I sometimes got angry when playing cricket - this was ten years ago - and when in the midst of being hit for lots of boundaries, their guy skied one and said kid didn't go for the ball as it plopped a yard in front of him, I lost my rag (and later apologised). I will cop to it. But that kind of thing happens on the sports field. I've worked on my short fuse. You are a devious troll, however, who about ten minutes ago referred to Sarr having the 'mind of a banana'. I wonder what made you say that?
    What made me say he has the mind of a banana? The fact that his brain little turns to mush every so often. Isn't that obvious by the two goals he gifted Millwall today?
    Bananas aren't usually mushy you massive racist lmao
    Not even sure how you've made the connection of having a banana brain to racism, but whatever floats your boat.

PS. Learn to cook, bananas are often mushy.
  • Options
    Dont agree with this - I thought Lee set us up too safe at the end of the game

Putting Oztumer on would have been risky as he doesnt have the physic but for me we went too defensive

Dont think it was wrong as a draw would have been better than nothing had it happened but it didnt
  • Options
    Both teams were shit, with their physicality and directness shining through in the end.  A bad advert for football today.  

Unacceptable that we can be that bad at depending set pieces.  Only felt the likes of Gallagher and Cullen has any forward movement and wanted to create anything.  Really need the likes of Taylor back now as we’ve rode the waves a bit with the current stand ins.  

Just kept giving the ball away and sitting deeper after we scored.  

Bowyer needs a rethink about the 3-5-2/5-3-2 imo.  We just don’t have enough going forward, as we’re relying on the wing backs to contribute.  They don’t do enough attacking for me 
  • Options

Bollox. I'm sure they have a gypsy curse over us.

Anyway im staying off here tonight as im gutted like everyone else but some of the comments will no doubt get silly as the evening goes on. I don't think we bottled it as some say, think we actually played well apart from the 1st 20mins. The subs in the 2nd half were wrong in my opinion tho. Yes he was on a yellow and it would of been nervy but Bowyer should of left Pratley on and crossed his fingers that he could last the 90mins we were well on top at the time.

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    It was a foul but Sarr needed to attack the ball. You don't get them decisions in these sort of games. The annoying thing is we were better but they wanted it more.

Nobody wanted it more than Josh Cullen.....feel gutted for him worked his socks off and was MOTM
    One player you knew wouldn’t shirk a game at the den and he’s not even ours.
    Thought Cullen, Gallagher and Philips were the only ones to come out of it with any credit.  The rest of them let themselves down