Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Thank goodness I have only 65 loyalty points and could not get a ticket.  Thank goodness I come from Beckenham and don’t know any Millwall fans.  Sarr is not a big game player, but we already knew that.  Gutted for those that were there.  We have played some tough games, but make no mistake our form since Taylor got injured has been relegation form.
  • Options
    Still stuck inside 5.39
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Ball is coming in and he's already all over him, arm in the back of the neck. Yeah Sarr could have tried to jump earlier but...well, idk. It's not a clear-cut get-rid-of-him error, as if any error could be.

No different to Bauer at Wembley 
  • Options
    Reading those quotes from LB I think he’s deluded.
  • Options
    The writing was on the wall in the last 15 minutes. Our players looked completely knackered. It's worrying how often we run out of energy in the closing stages of matches.
    Was surprised by Millwall energy they run down everything for an hour and thought it was playing into our hands, ends up they didn't bloody stop. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    @Covered End and @Stu_of_Kunming can both do one. Completely unnecessary personal abuse of Leuth on the match thread. Yeah I know he's very VERY stubborn re Sarr but it doesn't warrant you guys being such unrequitable bells. 
    So because he's your mate he's allowed to troll the match thread as much as he likes? Nah, don't think so.
    Just seen he told you to fuck off. Apologies - as I've been at the game I didn't see this, and only caught the end of the thread. 

In which case, @Leuth what the fuck are you playing at? That's completely unacceptable. I still remember you screaming "fuck sake" at a 14 year old and I thought after literally everyone gave you a dressing down, that you'd have the sense to chill. Apparently not. Come on, that's properly shit of you. 
    You mean he screamed at a 14 year old and you still associate with him?

That's a shame to hear as that's the sort of thing people should be disowned for, you can't just go around abusing children.

Who the **** are you anyway?
    Someone who doesn't abuse children, you vile little man.
    I will admit I sometimes got angry when playing cricket - this was ten years ago - and when in the midst of being hit for lots of boundaries, their guy skied one and said kid didn't go for the ball as it plopped a yard in front of him, I lost my rag (and later apologised). I will cop to it. But that kind of thing happens on the sports field. I've worked on my short fuse. You are a devious troll, however, who about ten minutes ago referred to Sarr having the 'mind of a banana'. I wonder what made you say that?
    What made me say he has the mind of a banana? The fact that his brain turns to mush every so often. Isn't that obvious by the two goals he gifted Millwall today?
    Leuth playing the race card...What a suprise.

And my comment pointing out that Leuth was personally offensive to someone by telling them to f off is removed, yet his actual post telling the person to f off isn't? Brilliant.
    Hardly surprising, it get's revealed the bloke is so aggressive he verbally abused a child and is instantly calling others racist to change direction.

Honestly have no idea how saying someone has a piece of fruit for their brain is racist, I regularly ask people here if they have a tofu brain when they do something dumb, maybe I just need locking up?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    To be honest, I like many on here have watched our Wembley winner many, many times over with great joy, but I do feel some gratitude there was no VAR. I think there was a similarity and again it was 60% a goal in the area, if it happened on the half way line it is almost always a foul.
  • Options
    Awful subs, killed any attacking threat we had and caused us to sit on the draw for final part of the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The writing was on the wall in the last 15 minutes. Our players looked completely knackered. It's worrying how often we run out of energy in the closing stages of matches.
    Was surprised by Millwall energy they run down everything for an hour and thought it was playing into our hands, ends up they didn't bloody stop. 
    Especially Gallagher, they clearly had a game plan to give him no time on the ball whatsoever, it worked for a while but again he showed some serious ability for age by not letting in bothering him and he settled into the game really well!
  • Options
    I love Bowyer but I hope he’s saying the sound bites to save a bit of face for the players cos quite frankly he’s spouting shite and has done recently. We have been pants for weeks. Are we finding our actual level? Sometimes you just gotta say we aren’t good enough.
    Think we've been found out personally.
  • Options
    for me with all the injuries Bowyer needs to find a way to bring the rest of the attacking squad like Oztumer in, or were fkd until enough of the former return
  • Options
    Jump Naby, ffs. 

• Options
    I think the next few weeks are going to be damage limitation as I can't see our best players back until January. 

My worry is that lyle will go and Cullen will get recalled by Wham and their new Manager as Pelligrini is on a tight rope now.

I also fear that the Bowyer honeymoon is definitely over and agree with valleygary this is not good enough and we need to change tactics soon. 
  • Options
    Do we think LB finally realises that 5 at the back with no attacking wing-backs is total fucking nonsense? Such a negative formation, we had no options for large periods of the game - hence the passing around at the back and giving the ball away again and again. I do wish we would actually try to beat teams. Millwall are shit but we handed them the points today because we were scared of losing - and guess what we lost. If we attacked thm after out equaliser we would be laughing our way back to SE7 with 3 points.
  • Options
    Have the brave that went been let out yet?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Do we think LB finally realises that 5 at the back with no attacking wing-backs is total fucking nonsense? Such a negative formation, we had no options for large periods of the game - hence the passing around at the back and giving the ball away again and again. I do wish we would actually try to beat teams. Millwall are shit but we handed them the points today because we were scared of losing - and guess what we lost. If we attacked thm after out equaliser we would be laughing our way back to SE7 with 3 points.
    Matthews is the most attacking full back/wing back at the club... he put a couple of excellent crosses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate just texted me their still locked in...I have been to ebbsfleet and trains just pulled in at Deptford. 
  • Options
    Mate just texted me their still locked in...I have been to ebbsfleet and trains just pulled in at Deptford. 
    WTF... A whole hour later!!... WHY!!

heavenSE7 said:
    Not blaming Lapsie whatsoever here, but that change summed it up for me. There was a good opportunity for a break with a long diagonal to Cullen. Instead he went back and play fizzled out. Had that been a player like Ozthumer then perhaps he picks out that pass. I know it's all hypothetical but it's the personal on the pitch at the end that is down to Bow. I'm sure he'd reflect on that. He's learning after all. Just s shame it had to be against that scum. 
    Yeah know the pass you mean, saw him pass it back and even I had doubts whether Lapslie could have pulled off the pass in question
  • Options
    Let out in the drizzle 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Ball is coming in and he's already all over him, arm in the back of the neck. Yeah Sarr could have tried to jump earlier but...well, idk. It's not a clear-cut get-rid-of-him error, as if any error could be.

Not could have. He's a 6 ft 5 centre back. He should be launching himself at it. 
  • Options
    I have just watched the match highlights and how anybody can think Naby Sarr is not at fault for both of those goals is beyond me. He is clearly in the side to add height to counter Millwall's dead ball delivery, on both occasions he fails to attack the ball and the reason no free kick is given for the second is simply that he does nothing but basically let Smith, who goes for the ball and doesn't foul, lay on him because of Smith's momentum and Sarr's inaction. 
  • Options
    Said it last week injuries are taking their toll. We're still in games but the last 20 minutes we hardly got anyone in their half. 
  • Options
    Attitude was much better than last time we were there. It's just that composure.
  • Options
    Should have gone out the other side, i am back in Catford now as one gate was open(South Bermondsey station side) took a while to move but got there.
  • Options
    What's new, same old sh*tty outcome against the scum, just a different day 😒.