Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Strap in everybody!!!!
  • Options
    In a few hours we can just look forward to the match. If Lyle is still with us I will be pretty happy with the window. Bowyer signing a longer term deal and escaping the realm of RD still makes me content.
    Then what happens when Taylor breaks down or gets injured again...?

For everyone's sake I truly hope that Taylor stays & plays all remaining 17 games, because if we have to rely on Hemed, Davison & Aneke for the next couple if weeks we really will be in trouble. Remember, Bonne isn't likely to be back for another 2 weeks & after a hamstring injury  it's best he isn't thrown straight back in again. 
    Bonne has nowhere near the quality that people are crediting him with. if he is our main striker (because something happens to Lyle) then we will go down.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Even Mark Hughes has just said its virtually impossible to bring in a decent Striker during this month
  • Options
    Are we gonna pull one out the bag? Hour to go.
    Yes
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Is Cawley joking about not going to bed?
    The phrase he chose to use was referring to that one time Leeds kept their fans awake to announce two sales.

But the underlying message was serious, we are working on one more.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Strap on everybody!!!!
    Fixed for you.

Sorry.  I said I wasn't going to post pissed didn't I...
  • Options
    In a few hours we can just look forward to the match. If Lyle is still with us I will be pretty happy with the window. Bowyer signing a longer term deal and escaping the realm of RD still makes me content.
    Then what happens when Taylor breaks down or gets injured again...?

For everyone's sake I truly hope that Taylor stays & plays all remaining 17 games, because if we have to rely on Hemed, Davison & Aneke for the next couple if weeks we really will be in trouble. Remember, Bonne isn't likely to be back for another 2 weeks & after a hamstring injury  it's best he isn't thrown straight back in again. 
    Bonne has nowhere near the quality that people are crediting him with. if he is our main striker (because something happens to Lyle) then we will go down.
    8 goals in 19 games this season for Bonne is decent in my opinion. Personally think he’s got a ton of quality 
    Needs to be fed goals, wont create his own chances

Has scored per minute nearly as often as Taylor this season...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/charlton-athletic/top-scorers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Turned over from Sky's Deadline Day channel to the news. More excitement watching the countdown to Brexit than our transfer dealings.
    I've started slowly inserting a corkscrew into my urethra.  More relaxing than either.
    Let's hope things don't take a turn for the worse
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Couldn't we do a deal sheet for Bostock? 
    Toulouse can’t be arsed 
    Think we’ve dodged a bullet tbh
  • Options
    Filip Benkovic from Leicester would have been an excellent loan signing, looks like he is going Bristol City though
  • Options
    I am drinking so time will pass quicker for me re signings. Hope that rubs off on everyone else so it seems like it all moves quicker. Hopefully Lyle goes nowhere either
  • Options

Buckle up, then.
  • Options
    Really concerned we haven’t signed a centre half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    People slagging off Bonne is astonishing, bloke was a revelation upfront before he (inevitably) got injured. 
    Shows how clueless some of our lot are!!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Is Cawley joking about not going to bed?
    Depends on whether you want to hear that we've sold Lyle before you go to bed or when you wake up in the morning
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Remember when David Mooney started for us the first time and nobody knew who the hell he was? I almost miss those days
    Remember wondering who tf this 'Kermorgant' was the first time I saw his name on the back of the programme
  • Options
    Really not wanting to jinx anything but anyone else thinking they got this all wrapped up waiting for 10.59 to do some new flash video announcement, not sure if want it to be a striker to a defender! But I’ve gone from 100% to 15% just hope it lasts and the news is good 
  • Options
    Second half to go chaps we can do this.
  • Options
    We will hear the usual “just couldn’t quite get it over the line” 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    People slagging off Bonne is astonishing, bloke was a revelation upfront before he (inevitably) got injured. 
    To be fair it’s only been one person hasn’t it?
  • Options
    Well they sat on the Smith signing for most of the day, so I wouldn’t be surprised if one is done and waiting for sometime between now and 11