Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    https://www.facebook.com/VitalCharlton/

Rumours we might get Jordan Rhodes as he is out of contract, not sure when he would be available, but mad to think he is only the same age as Lyle Taylor!
    Even madder to think he would come to us.

More chance of signing Cecil Rhodes 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Rumours we might get Jordan Rhodes as he is out of contract, not sure when he would be available, but mad to think he is only the same age as Lyle Taylor!
    He wouldn't be available till next season, as thats when registration is open
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

I was in the middle of typing there is more chance of us signing Gary Rhodes until I remembered that he tragically passed recently and I didn't want to be speaking of him in this context! 

(although there is still more chance of us signing Gary Rhodes which says how unlikely this deal is).
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

I was in the middle of typing there is more chance of us signing Gary Rhodes until I remembered that he tragically passed recently and I didn't want to be speaking of him in this context! 

(although there is still more chance of us signing Gary Rhodes which says how unlikely this deal is).
    Thing is when he was at the mighty Huddersfield he looked likely to be a Premiership star, since then his career has stagnated.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Doubt it very much. He must be on at least £25k - £30k per week. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

I'm not sure that story is strong enough to even reach the level of a transfer rumour  :D
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

I'm not sure that story is strong enough to even reach the level of a transfer rumour  :D
    Yeh on reflection rumour probably not the right word, more of a discussion between bored fans. 
  • Options
    today's press states that the Blades 'will not stand in the way' of Kean Bryan joining CAFC .. no mention of loan or permanent
    Kean Bryan makes his first Premier League start for Sheffield Utd away at WBA.
  • Options

All overseas players joining English clubs must qualify for entry through a points-based system when the Brexit transition period ends on 31 December.

Points will be awarded for senior and youth international appearances, club appearances and the pedigree of the selling club.

The Football Association, the Premier League and the English Football League have come together to agree the plan.

Clubs will also not be able to sign overseas players until they are 18.

Signings of overseas players aged under 21 will be limited to three in the January transfer window and six per season after that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55152637

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a few of the big clubs screwed then.
  • Options
    Not screwed actually, it will stop them trawling up all the young talent and allow other clubs an opportunity.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Not screwed actually, it will stop them trawling up all the young talent and allow other clubs an opportunity.
    Hahaha I do love how naive you are no offence

Can already see a way around it myself... Man Utd renew their partnership with Royal Antwerp etc.

Buy a 16-year old who signs for them until he's 18 and then moves to England

Man City are already in a perfect position what with their links to Troyes (France) and Girona (Spain) to do that
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Can already see a way around it myself... Man Utd renew their partnership with Royal Antwerp etc.

Man City are already in a perfect position what with their links to Troyes (France) and Girona (Spain) to do that
    Agreed. United, City and Chelsea (with Vitesse) will have ways around it. City have ties to at least 8-9 clubs across the world as part of City Football Group.

Not sure who Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs have ties with so they'll probably need to get something sorted, especially Arsenal who are always active in recruiting young players from abroad.
  • Options
    The pedigree of the selling club could be an interesting factor though - What factors decides that one?

Are Vitesse | Girona | Troyes etc. all good enough to be classed as that

Signing players from Africa (although not many come direct to England from there because of work permit issues) could become interesting too
  • Options
    African players somehow seem to get automatic Belgian nationality, whether French, Portuguese or English spoken.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Fair enough FA.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Addickted said:
    African players somehow seem to get automatic Belgian nationality, whether French, Portuguese or English spoken.
    I think Belgium has a ruling where young players from Africa get fast tracked. 

More and more foreign clubs are buying Belgian clubs. Leicester's owners own Leuven, Monaco's owner owns Cercle Brugge, Aspire Academy in Qatar own Eupen. Man Utd have a partnership with Antwerp and Man City have one with Lommel.

With our new Brexit rules coming in, i think we may see more clubs take over or do partnership deals with Belgian clubs.
  • Options
    If we had been outside the EU at the time, would Roland have bought us?
  • Options
    Probably not, but someone even worse (can you think of any examples?) might have
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Probably not, but someone even worse (can you think of any examples?) might have
    Paul Elliot, Matt Southall, Nimer, Tony Jiminez, Richard Murray, Laurence Bassini, Chris Farmell, off the top of my head. 
  • Options
    If anyone starts to mention building a football network that includes Belgian clubs they should go and sit on the naughty step for a while.
    Maybe Thomas would be interested in buying Sint Truiden ?  :D
  • Options
    Are we past the trial period with Inter yet ?? I'm looking forward to getting some of their players in January  😃
    Yes we're getting Zanetti, Ronaldo, Zenga and Matterazzi.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Addickted said:

More and more foreign clubs are buying Belgian clubs. Leicester's owners own Leuven, Monaco's owner owns Cercle Brugge, Aspire Academy in Qatar own Eupen. Man Utd have a partnership with Antwerp and Man City have one with Lommel.

With our new Brexit rules coming in, i think we may see more clubs take over or do partnership deals with Belgian clubs.
    If we had an owner who could also have control of a club in Belgium and then, you know, move players between the two.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

If we had an owner who could also have control of a club in Belgium and then, you know, move players between the two.

We'd be in dreamland.