Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    So out of our current midfield we could only have 2 of them still here in summer if Williams doesn’t sign a new deal. Shambles. 
    The Roland legacy
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Still cant believe we spent no money either and it was just loans 
    Loans aren't free.

Not free but not necessarily much more expensive then the three who have left in our breakeven budget, now swollen by a Fosu sell-on. Clearly we have signed who we could get rather than our preferred targets, which doesn’t mean they won’t do a job. 
    The Fosu deal also happened very late on yesterday so can't really dig them out for not spending that money. 
  • Options
    3 more to be brought in today, apparently.

Matt is very confident at least 3 will sign today. He also said they will be "high calibre".
    A man of his word. I'm extremely happy about the business done this window. Today we need to get the valley rocking! COYR
  • Options
    It’s a decent enough window , it’s Charlton so it’s gonna be dull but we are better off than we were a week ago 

78% 13th-21st ..........................22% Relegation 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am not unhappy or moaning but let's be honest and admit none of our new aquisitions will make much (any) difference to whether we stay up or not but we lost our best player and another first choice starter who both scored goals (Gallagher and Leko).

Despite the hype, the bottom line is that under this ownership, the squad is significantly weaker than it was in August under Roland.

What happened to our prime targets (not Maddison, who sounds like a dick anyway) but what about Parrot and Idah and why did they not wish to join CAFC and Bowyer??

Lack of money, fear of injury, fear of league 1  ??
    Why would premier league teams want stars of the future to go into a relegation fight for four months? 

They want there players to be learning from top of the table teams at this stage of the season. 

Sorry if I've missed it, but what other bottom 6 side  in the championship brought in premier league loans? 
  • Options
    Have a day off with this keeping Taylor lark.
    His our player if a club had come in with a 10 million pound bid we wouldn't of had to sell him.
  • Options
    Really not wanting to jinx anything but anyone else thinking they got this all wrapped up waiting for 10.59 to do some new flash video announcement, not sure if want it to be a striker to a defender! But I’ve gone from 100% to 15% just hope it lasts and the news is good 
    No......just you thinking that. 

We haven't signed JCH & keeping him under wraps until 11pm just to look good. 

We haven't signed Toney & not announcing until very late just to give Barnsley a surprise.

We announce signings when they are done.  If they haven't been announced then they haven't been done.

End of.
    You are far and away the most tedious person I have ever encountered. Your constant drivel is like white fucking noise.

I'm pretty sure that you would whinge if Selma Hayak bent over and touched her toes Infront of you and proclaimed "fill me up" you'd moan that she had eaten a taco a week ago and had a bit stuck in her wisdom teeth......

Have you ever cracked a smile?
    If only I could like and lol a post
  • Options
    Welcome David Davis. 

I hope you can do a job for us and give Sarr something to FUCKING THINK ABOUT.
    I don’t understand this
  • Options
    DD, I've heard he is quite the handful  ;) overall happy with that, now time to get behind the boys and help them break into the playoffs. I can't quite believe how negative some people are, it's baffling.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Welcome David Davis. 

I hope you can do a job for us and give Sarr something to FUCKING THINK ABOUT.
    I don’t understand this
    Fifth pint syndrome :-)
  • Options
    Happy that we've kept Lyle & signed McGeady. Davis is ok but Smith....?? 

I wonder what people would have thought if RD had signed 6 loanees knowing that every week (if everyone is fit) then 1 is being paid to just sit in the stands. 

I just hope to god that Taylor & Bonne stay fit as their back-ups wont score enough to keep us up. 3 signings & they are all midfielders. Cant wait until our next manager is an ex-striker.....😁
    We’ve had 14 players injured at one point this season and called 6 kids back from loans in non league to supplement our squad. On this basis, I’m very happy that we are paying players to sit in the stands. It’s called having a squad
  • Options
    Yawn. Well that was all a bit more “Roland” than “marquee” wasn’t it....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Apart from the fact that Roland would almost certainly have sold Taylor.
  • Options
    Any MS doubters should take a look at the CAFC official twitter interview. In a nutshell, top priority is to stay in the Championship and then build from there. What's wrong with that? Let's give the guy a chance - and don't forget he made sure we kept Lyle. 
     Convinced MS is man to take us forward.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Apart from the fact that Roland would almost certainly have sold Taylor.
    And David Davis would have been too expensive to loan.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Very happy with Davis. Can’t understand why Birmingham let him go - maybe a loan fee paid?
  • Options
    Apart from Maddison, has anyone got any names of players they'd like to have seen signed?
  • Options
    I think If Southall would have just stayed off twitter yesterday people would be pleased with the business we done. 

It was the constant cryptic tweets and over hype that is wound people up and raised expectations. 

Me, I like the players we got in and I can only presume bonne is closer to a return than I had thought as I think a striker was a must. I'm not fussed either way tbh, I think we got enough to stay up. 
  • Options
    6 loans so one wont be allowed in the match day squad

0 money spent

0 strikers bought in

WTF 
    Some people moan for the sake of moaning. Our midfield a few weeks ago consisted of Dempsey, vennings and Morgan. We have signed two experienced championship midfielders. It also allows pratley to be rotated and rested.

how many championship teams spent big in January? We have got bodies in and players coming back. January was never about spending big but making sure we survive. Teams generally do not let star players leave in jan if there is a chance of promotion or they are fighting relegation.

i think we need to look at the bigger picture and see what happens in the summer

people must realise that this was a better window than if Roland was here. Taylor and Dougherty may have gone and not replaced

in summary, chill!!!

We played those out of necessity because we didn’t address the lack of body shortage from a crippling injury list in midfield when we could have earlier in the window.

Since then Cullen, Field, Williams, Oztumer have now returned.

Personally I feel within a few weeks we’ve gone from desperately short in that dept to overloaded when other positions could have been bolstered at this point. I don’t currently see the ‘fit’ of these 4 arrivals tbh without replacing some of our other stronger performers. 

Yes weve brought in bodies, but I wouldn’t flag it as a massive positive as all clubs around us have brought in a minimum 3 as well.

Everyone is celebrating the retaining of Taylor, and I’m well pleased with that as well. But having already lost 1 of our best 3 players this month, losing a 2nd would have been an absolute disaster. Let’s all hope his head is in the right place as we are in trouble if he doesn’t perform. 

Ultimately, like all clubs around us, we’ve done some business but it was indicated since ESI arrival there would be a bit more statement in intent than there was, and this was accentuated by the chairman on Deadline Day, which in hindsight kept some youngsters excited on Twitter but to others looked a bit unecessary OTT without the action to properly back it up, imo. 

Hopefully we’ve done enough to see us through.
    Davis and Smith to replace Kayal and Ledley.
    Green to replace Leko.
    McGeady to replace Gallagher.

Obviously not like for like, but that's as close as i can see it.

And yes with everyone fit we are overloaded in midfield but perhaps Bowyer wanted that so we can now loan out Morgan/Dempsey/Vennings to get more first team experience?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Have a day off with this keeping Taylor lark.
    His our player if a club had come in with a 10 million pound bid we wouldn't of had to sell him.
    Excuse me? Are you revealing that Joe Gomez, Ezri Konsa, Karlan Grant, Joe Aribo and Patrick Bauer were never our players? What, were they leased from some shadowy global leasing company called LeaseThose Bodies Inc. or something? Well I never. Explains everything.
  • Options
    I am not unhappy or moaning but let's be honest and admit none of our new aquisitions will make much (any) difference to whether we stay up or not but we lost our best player and another first choice starter who both scored goals (Gallagher and Leko).

Despite the hype, the bottom line is that under this ownership, the squad is significantly weaker than it was in August under Roland.

What happened to our prime targets (not Maddison, who sounds like a dick anyway) but what about Parrot and Idah and why did they not wish to join CAFC and Bowyer??

Lack of money, fear of injury, fear of league 1  ??
    Parrot is almost next in line behind Kane and Idah is being given the opportunity to prove himself at Norwich! Pretty simple really!!