Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    There you go, Cavani and Mertens. Maybe even Giroud? Instead they've waited until the last 12 hours of the window to try and sign King on the basis that he's Norwegian so would throw his toys out of the pram and force a move to play for United under OGS, and now they're going to be stuck with a journeyman from the Chinese League that hasn't played in 2 months. 
    Giroud wasn’t available unless Chelsea could sign a forward themselves which they couldn’t. Even then would they sell Giroud to United. Personally think Giroud has had a rough deal at Chelsea.
  • Options

No wonder Southall deleted the real photo!!
    Bows “phone who you like, the wife says the standard lamp ain’t coming back home”.
  • Options
    What with Stoke getting a tanking 4-0 tonight, lets hope our new signings quickly settle in.
  • Options

Caption this... (Haha I got the picture Matt Southall...)
    LB: Look, if we can get Messi & HE is happy to stump up the wages then let’s go for it.
    SG: Agreed. What a coup that would be!
    MS: Let me just check the height limit on CharltonLife again.

Can’t Lee just raid the yellow swear box on his desk and buy Clarke Harris?
    Based on the last 18 games that should get Toney with change for Clarke Harris. 
  • Options
    Don’t go to bed just yet ... Cawley
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Brighton have just recallled U23 Striker: Jan Mlakar from his loan spell @ Queens Park Rangers...
  • Options
    Brighton have just recallled U23 Striker: Jan Mlakar from his loan spell @ Queens Park Rangers...
    That has been on the cards all day, was mentioned in the west London paper that linked us to Smith. 
  • Options
    Signing for a 2nd division Italian team on loan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Would have been surprised seeing they only signed him from Maribor last January
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now
    Don’t count ya chickens just yet.

Probably the wrong phrase, but let’s go with it.
    Itk or a hunch?
    Been told we are now very close, so I hope just like we all do, that it’s completed in time even if that means a deal sheet.
    Zain Westbrooke or someone else?
    No offence but if it's only 1 more really hope it's not Zain

We need another attacker
    Why do we need another attacker if we can pick from Taylor, Bonne, Davidson, Hemed, Aneke, and Green, being fed by Williams and McGeady ?

Loan out Davison ideally - Aneke isnt a Striker either as Bowyer's said he doesnt seem him able to fill that role

Green could be used like McGeady in more of a wide role which leaves us Taylor | Bonne | Hemed as the experienced out n out strikers

Aneke is a forward and scored within minutes of coming on against Stoke. He may be better playing behind the main strikers but he's not a midfield player.
  • Options
    That's enough for me 
    Night night 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now

Itk or a hunch?
    Been told we are now very close, so I hope just like we all do, that it’s completed in time even if that means a deal sheet.

We need another attacker
    Why do we need another attacker if we can pick from Taylor, Bonne, Davidson, Hemed, Aneke, and Green, being fed by Williams and McGeady ?

Loan out Davison ideally - Aneke isnt a Striker either as Bowyer's said he doesnt seem him able to fill that role

Green could be used like McGeady in more of a wide role which leaves us Taylor | Bonne | Hemed as the experienced out n out strikers

Aneke is a forward and scored within minutes of coming on against Stoke. He may be better playing behind the main strikers but he's not a midfield player.
    Didnt say Aneke was a Midfielder...

What I'm saying is you wouldnt have him covering for Taylor either as Bowyer has already said he doesnt see him playing up front like that
  • Options
    In a few hours we can just look forward to the match. If Lyle is still with us I will be pretty happy with the window. Bowyer signing a longer term deal and escaping the realm of RD still makes me content.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now

Itk or a hunch?

We need another attacker
    Why do we need another attacker if we can pick from Taylor, Bonne, Davidson, Hemed, Aneke, and Green, being fed by Williams and McGeady ? As ESI aren't spending on players until they get more sponsorship from UAE businesses.

Bonne - injured at the moment, it would be nice not to rush him back
    Davison - not someone we should be relying on at this stage of his development
    Hemed - a big step down from Taylor, as shown by the difference Taylor made against Fulham
    Aneke - always injured and not really a no 9
    Green  - more a winger
    What we're missing is a pacey Grant type striker who can be a threat getting in behind, run at players and drift out wide, all things that played a part in making the diamond work so well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are we gonna pull one out the bag? Hour to go.
  • Options
    In a few hours we can just look forward to the match. If Lyle is still with us I will be pretty happy with the window. Bowyer signing a longer term deal and escaping the realm of RD still makes me content.
    Then what happens when Taylor breaks down or gets injured again...?

For everyone's sake I truly hope that Taylor stays & plays all remaining 17 games, because if we have to rely on Hemed, Davison & Aneke for the next couple if weeks we really will be in trouble. Remember, Bonne isn't likely to be back for another 2 weeks & after a hamstring injury  it's best he isn't thrown straight back in again. 
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Just seen Madison has gone to Hull.
    Derek Hales has joined Derby.
    Peacock the first sub
  • Options
    Are we gonna pull one out the bag? Hour to go.
    Almost certainly, but remains to be seen how whelmed we'll be
  • Options
    Turned over from Sky's Deadline Day channel to the news. More excitement watching the countdown to Brexit than our transfer dealings.
  • Options
    Been here before.  Switching off.
  • Options
    Ollie Clarke I reckon, just a guess though. 
  • Options
    Is Cawley joking about not going to bed?