Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    I think a replacement for Leko is out of the question now, is imagine a change in shape is underfoot with McGeady, Green, Williams, Doughty all playing wider roles in 433 or 4231 formations, or us playing 2 up top with Taylor and Bonne and going for a more battering ram approach
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    There will be one more incoming and it will be a striker IMO
    Looking at League One top scorers... Eisa perhaps?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Derby 4-0 stoooooke
  • Options
    Sunderland just signed a striker I wonder if we would go in for Chris Maguire, although he is 31 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    In other news, Stoke 4 down and looking like a pile of wanksocks
    Who has a pile? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It all depends on the next three hours. Could be crucial.
    Two hours... Window closes @ 11pm
    It's imminent
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Derby 4-0 Barrrrnzley
    What?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t forget you have to get the deal sheet in by 11pm then you have a further two hours to complete the deal. Saying that I’m assuming the EFL works the same as the PL.
    If time is very tight, can you sign a player “subject to medical”?
  • Options
    Sunderland just signed a striker I wonder if we would go in for Chris Maguire, although he is 31 
    Will Grigg? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    In other news, Stoke 4 down and looking like a pile of wanksocks
    To be fair, they are playing Wayne Rooney (and 10 other people to make up the numbers)
  • Options
    Don’t forget you have to get the deal sheet in by 11pm then you have a further two hours to complete the deal. Saying that I’m assuming the EFL works the same as the PL.
    You can process a deal sheet in with the EFL and FA which gives you normally an extra hour or two to get it finished.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Derby 4-0 stoooooke
    What?
    🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Once the deal sheet is in you can "Netflix and chill" until 1am.  Or do a medical, haggle over 1k a week etc
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Derby 4-0 stoooooke
    What 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    94 minutes to go. 
  • Options
    Marquee signings??  We clearly have zero money and our new chairman instead of trying to be all things to mankind should have perhaps gone about his business in a quieter fashion as this is not what any of us expected. Dissapointed is an understatement and gawd forbid if tomorrow doesn't go our way as this site will go into melt down! 
    Led by you no doubt
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    "94 minutes oh no...."
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now
  • Options
    Sage said:
    You can process a deal sheet in with the EFL and FA which gives you normally an extra hour or two to get it finished.
    Yes Sky said the deal sheet has terms of the deal etc, both clubs have to sign it and then player, submit it by 11pm then you have two hours to complete the necessaries which I’d assume includes the medical.
  • Options
    Manure look set to sign a 30 year old Nigerian who played for Watford for a bit before screwing off to China as their striker to get them back into the top 4, lol
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now
    Don’t count ya chickens just yet.

Probably the wrong phrase, but let’s go with it.
    Itk or a hunch?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    bobmunro said:
    Melrose said:
    If it ends up like this then MS is gonna have a very tough time.

From who, apart from you?
    And also why? If things stay the way they are, we are stronger than we were when ESI first took over.

Bowyer Signed and Taylor Stays. 
    3 players signed, and the only real blemish being Gallagher leaving, which was not in our hands.
    I mean that is simply not correct. When ESI took over we had Bowyer, Taylor and Gallagher (plus Leko, Kayal and Ledley). We don’t anymore. 

I’m not certain if we are better now with Gallagher replaced by the new recruits, they’d have to be pretty good for that to be the case because he was our best player. 

I honestly can't believe you are trying to use Joe Ledley leaving as a counter argument against my point.

From what I have seen of him I would argue that Green looks to be as useful as Leko. Kayal never got going and I believe Smith will be better than him because of that. And Mcgeady offers something different to what we previously had and is a player Bowyer clearly rates.

For me that outweighs the loss of Gallagher, which I mention is the only blemish, and at least that is in a position we have plenty of options in.

And we still may sign someone else. 
    Wait, do you understand how parentheses work? 

I have no idea if McGeady and Smith are collectively better than Gallagher - I highly doubt it - but either way we are where we are and we all have to hope that they are because we all need them to be as fellow Charlton fans. 

I’m underwhelmed with this window, I don’t agree that we’re stronger, but provided we pick up the points required it doesn’t really matter. 
    Cool, I honestly think Gallagher has been our best player this season so can’t accept losing him and the impact that has so dismissively. 
    Gallagher was predicted as POTY a month ago with Cullen in second place on CL so many would agree with you, whether they admit it or not. 
    Assuming (fingers crossed) that Lyle stays then our attacking play should be better with the 45 minute partnership of Taylor and Bonne ( Bristol city 2nd half) extended to the end of season with support from Williams, Green, McGeady etc.
    So defence is the same, midfield weaker and attack stronger, that's on paper and the reality may be different. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if all the foreign players in China will be asking to be released in the next 90 minutes, the CSL will be postponed indefinitely