Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    One things for sure they dont look happy in that picture 
    I don’t walk around my office smiling all day, doesn’t mean I’m unhappy. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Also he's deleted it very quickly
    As you may have seen from all my posts I am very much a glass half full person, and have been positive about Matt's social media use and have mentioned you can just ignore it if you don't like it.

That being said, the continuous deleting of tweets does worry me. There's a difference between being generally engaging and trying to control the narrative. 
    Depends if there are some dicks out there sending him abuse on these twitter posts
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Surprised Tahnoon isn't there
  • Options
    You can guarantee we’ll deliberately make the last signing of the window.

Matt loves the drama.
  • Options
    Really?
  • Options
    You can guarantee we’ll deliberately make the last signing of the window.

Matt loves the drama.
    I'd actually love it if that happened, the player clearly wont be eligible for tomorrow so why not have some fun?
  • Options
    Still got a little bit of time left to bring players in and to be honest, as long as we keep Taylor then I won’t be too despondent. However, I’d be happier if we did bring in a couple of permanents. Would be nice having one or two in in preparation for next season. With out of contracts and end of loans it means another rebuild in the summer, regardless of which division we’re going to find ourselves in.
  • Options
    all i can get from that is Gallen has started drinking straight from the bottle

things must be desperate
  • Options

Caption this... (Haha I got the picture Matt Southall...)
    Who's the bloke in the reflexion of the window
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Zoom in on the picture on the desk in front of LB.

Cosmic
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    bobmunro said:
    Melrose said:
    If it ends up like this then MS is gonna have a very tough time.

From who, apart from you?
    And also why? If things stay the way they are, we are stronger than we were when ESI first took over.

Bowyer Signed and Taylor Stays. 
    3 players signed, and the only real blemish being Gallagher leaving, which was not in our hands.
    I mean that is simply not correct. When ESI took over we had Bowyer, Taylor and Gallagher (plus Leko, Kayal and Ledley). We don’t anymore. 

I’m not certain if we are better now with Gallagher replaced by the new recruits, they’d have to be pretty good for that to be the case because he was our best player. 

I honestly can't believe you are trying to use Joe Ledley leaving as a counter argument against my point.

From what I have seen of him I would argue that Green looks to be as useful as Leko. Kayal never got going and I believe Smith will be better than him because of that. And Mcgeady offers something different to what we previously had and is a player Bowyer clearly rates.

For me that outweighs the loss of Gallagher, which I mention is the only blemish, and at least that is in a position we have plenty of options in.

And we still may sign someone else. 
  • Options

Caption this... (Haha I got the picture Matt Southall...)
    Calling International Rescue.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Really?
    He’s been today on twitter official.
  • Options
    Not sure why the need to dig other peoples views.

Its not compulsory to get excited about every single signing Charlton make, the same way it’s not compulsory to jump if someone shouts boo. 

Its only chewing the fat on a message board. Doesn’t mean if someone is underwhelmed they’re not going to support that person 100% when they play for us. 
    The voice of reason, couldn’t agree more
  • Options
    Where's Jim White so far, or does he come on for the last shift before it 'slams shut'?
  • Options

Cosmic
    Clearly playing the diamond tomorrow
  • Options
    Leko scored 5 and assisted 6 or something like that, Gallagher scored 6 and was a front runner for player of the season. No way do Green, McGeady and Smith make us better.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Where's Jim White so far, or does he come on for the last shift before it 'slams shut'?
    On sky sports news show with Le Saux now
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    God I hate that annoying prick 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cosmic
    The fines box looks to be there too!
  • Options

Pub grab 3 for a 1nr, or flake for 90.. no bail 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    I spent ages looking at that pic looking for a clue !
    Did you find Cilla?
  • Options
    One things for sure they don’t look happy in that picture 
    They don’t look unhappy either come to that.

• Options
    Come on more players please.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Cosmic
    Clearly playing the diamond tomorrow
    Probably wrong but looks like it says something like:
    Rest 1st Feb - Darren - (illegible)
    Or
    Rest 8th Feb - Darren - (illegible)
  • Options
    Big pot of cash in front of Bows on the desk.