Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Not sure why the need to dig other peoples views.

Its not compulsory to get excited about every single signing Charlton make, the same way it’s not compulsory to jump if someone shouts boo. 

Its only chewing the fat on a message board. Doesn’t mean if someone is underwhelmed they’re not going to support that person 100% when they play for us. 
    Boo. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Apparently we are getting money from the Fosu deal
     How? We released him.
    We offered a contract to ensure we got compensation. No idea about the sell on though. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     How? We released him.
    Nope we offered him a deal, its how we got compensation for him

How we get a sell-on from that I dont know though as would have thought the fee Oxford paid would have gone to tribunal
  • Options
    How, wasn’t he a free agent? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     How? We released him.

Wow how very un-Roland
  • Options
    I see the done deals thread has gone quiet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s a bonus. Should pay for a first class plane ticket back to the Middle East for his excellency 
  • Options
    Grigg get him in?.
  • Options
    Jarrod Bowen getting 80k at West Ham shows how crazy Football wages have got
    Sky suggested there's an issue where West ham want to put a relegation clause which cuts his salary by 50%. Of course player and agent not happy with that!
  • Options
    34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Hopefully Bowyer can do the same with him as with Gallagher.
    Failed to make an impact at QPR. Can’t help but think the bottom of the barrel is being scraped.
    You beat your brother to it !
  • Options
    Grigg get him in?.
    Is that something you've heard?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Jarrod Bowen getting 80k at West Ham shows how crazy Football wages have got
    Sky suggested there's an issue where West ham want to put a relegation clause which cuts his salary by 50%. Of course player and agent not happy with that!
    Was an issue earlier but it's been sorted now
  • Options
    Grigg get him in?.
    Nope .
  • Options
    3 hours left for any of our youngsters to go out on an EFL loan. Maloney and Wiredu had fairly unsuccessful loan spells, the former seems to have regressed as a result
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Oh please, the usual obsession with other clubs youth player being better nonsense, he could not even get in QPR’s side! Another waste when Charlton should be doing something with their kids not Man City’s 
    Do come off it. No-one can sensibly argue that Charlton fail to give youngsters their shot in the first team. 
    That’s not what I’m saying - I’m referencing the general obsession on getting new signings and the only ones Charlton seem to look at are other people’s future profit. He’s already not done much at QPR yet now it’s ok to ignore the youth who have been thrown in the deep end these past weeks. With senior players retuning surely it’s now you keep the Charlton youngsters involved?
    He’s a product of the best youth academy in the country, played 34 games last season in the Dutch top flight and has 7 full international caps for Wales. Something tells me Bowyer may feel he’d be more ready for senior football than Dempsey.
    Tbf I think it was the Dutch 2nd flight, which is more like L1/L2 level.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Grigg get him in?.
    Oh please fuck no 
    Yeah I'm quite relieved (would have been a different story a year or two ago)

the fact that Salford were after him says it all
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Oh please, the usual obsession with other clubs youth player being better nonsense, he could not even get in QPR’s side! Another waste when Charlton should be doing something with their kids not Man City’s 
    Do come off it. No-one can sensibly argue that Charlton fail to give youngsters their shot in the first team. 
    That’s not what I’m saying - I’m referencing the general obsession on getting new signings and the only ones Charlton seem to look at are other people’s future profit. He’s already not done much at QPR yet now it’s ok to ignore the youth who have been thrown in the deep end these past weeks. With senior players retuning surely it’s now you keep the Charlton youngsters involved?
    He’s a product of the best youth academy in the country, played 34 games last season in the Dutch top flight and has 7 full international caps for Wales. Something tells me Bowyer may feel he’d be more ready for senior football than Dempsey.
    PLAYED 24 games in the dutch 2nd division not top flight.

Twente finish top of dutch 2nd division and he scored 2 goals.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    We got five loans now?.
    You can have more loans but only 5 allowed in the matchday 18.
    Thanks mate.
  • Options
    Blimey  , the sale of the club was rushed through so Southall could focus on getting McGeady and Smith in on loan . Ok .
  • Options
    Blimey  , the sale of the club was rushed through so Southall could focus on getting McGeady and Smith in on loan . Ok .
    Just you wait until the Supa Dupa Deal at 10.59pm. :smile:

• Options
    3 hours left for any of our youngsters to go out on an EFL loan. Maloney and Wiredu had fairly unsuccessful loan spells, the former seems to have regressed as a result
     The latter is too busy filming from his mobile on Instagram whilst driving.