Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• 34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Hopefully Bowyer can do the same with him as with Gallagher.
    second division
  • Love how Sky point out he hasnt started since August 

• The Matt Smith photo was taken at 1.17pm today. I guess he was a back up to Bostock.
    At risk of a whoosh, thats bloody accurate?
  • The Matt Smith photo was taken at 1.17pm today. I guess he was a back up to Bostock.
    How do you know? If you're looking at file date, that's probably edit date for adding effects etc.
  • edited January 2020
    Was Smith seriously on Bowyers list?
    No. As I said earlier, their list of 10 names has probably now stretched to 15 or 20. You dont get to 7pm on deadline day, sign a player that has hardly played all season & say it was one of your choices.

The fact that he is registered with Man City means v little. Like Chelsea they hoover up players & sit on them. Worse case for them is that they sell them down the line for a million or 2. 

Very underwhelmed 
  • Burnley saying won’t let Vydra go unless they get a replacement 
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely if we liked Smith enough to sign him we could have afforded to make it permanent. Would like us to develop and then be rewarded. It would feel like forward progress. As it is, looks like a rebuild in the summer.
  • In a Charlton top and its light outside this was done alot earlier than it was announced but was it done before midday 

Decent spot that. 
    Cheers 😤
  • He's had multiple caps for Wales so he must have made a fairly decent impression. And while he's "just" an academy product at City, that is a very good academy. I doubt he's the first choice but I'm quietly confident he's got to have something about him, even if he's just here as backup - backup is exactly what we need right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Bostock thing is puzzling me. Why did this deal need to go to the final day?  A fairly simple loan switch to move a player from where he was unhappy. Can't be too difficult.

Maybe if they'd got the ball rolling earlier the French would've pulled their finger out.
  • The Bostock thing is puzzling me. Why did this deal need to go to the final day?  A fairly simple loan switch to move a player from where he was unhappy. Can't be too difficult.

Maybe if they'd got the ball rolling earlier the French would've pulled their finger out.
    We don't know that it did.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Davo55 said:
    34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Oh please, the usual obsession with other clubs youth player being better nonsense, he could not even get in QPR’s side! Another waste when Charlton should be doing something with their kids not Man City’s 
    Do come off it. No-one can sensibly argue that Charlton fail to give youngsters their shot in the first team. 
    That’s not what I’m saying - I’m referencing the general obsession on getting new signings and the only ones Charlton seem to look at are other people’s future profit. He’s already not done much at QPR yet now it’s ok to ignore the youth who have been thrown in the deep end these past weeks. With senior players retuning surely it’s now you keep the Charlton youngsters involved?
    Youngsters from City are going to be a cut above our youngsters whether you accept that or not! Albie and the likes need to develop elsewhere and come back! Bowyer is obviously doing this for a reason! 
    Your still missing the point I could not give a hoot if they were, the point is he ain’t one of them and he does not belong to Charlton, so either way he’s a pointless signing who will essentially only Benefit City’s and his pockets. Your looking at bright shiny lights of city’s money and convincing yourself it must be better... 
    This again. Jesus. This is exactly what you said about Gallagher. The 'bright lights' nonsense came out when we got Conor in and he was on target to our player of the season. He's not a pointless signing if he plays well and keeps us up, how can you not see that? Or we can persevere with the likes of Morgan, Dempsey, Davison and Vennings in the first team. The first team that's won one game in 17. Think.
    Oh yeah, That Gallagher thing went  well... remind me where is he playing now? In case you hadn’t noticed that’s your academy, and yes with senior pros returning absolutely as they’ve already proved they can handle it. Unlike Gallagher they did not have that luxury when they were thrown in the deep end. Might I suggest you get your boots and let’s see how good you really are as you seem to know your stuff. 
    My Dad's more non existent than your Dad.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Davo55 said:
    34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Oh please, the usual obsession with other clubs youth player being better nonsense, he could not even get in QPR’s side! Another waste when Charlton should be doing something with their kids not Man City’s 
    Do come off it. No-one can sensibly argue that Charlton fail to give youngsters their shot in the first team. 
    That’s not what I’m saying - I’m referencing the general obsession on getting new signings and the only ones Charlton seem to look at are other people’s future profit. He’s already not done much at QPR yet now it’s ok to ignore the youth who have been thrown in the deep end these past weeks. With senior players retuning surely it’s now you keep the Charlton youngsters involved?
    Youngsters from City are going to be a cut above our youngsters whether you accept that or not! Albie and the likes need to develop elsewhere and come back! Bowyer is obviously doing this for a reason! 
    Your still missing the point I could not give a hoot if they were, the point is he ain’t one of them and he does not belong to Charlton, so either way he’s a pointless signing who will essentially only Benefit City’s and his pockets. Your looking at bright shiny lights of city’s money and convincing yourself it must be better... 
    This again. Jesus. This is exactly what you said about Gallagher. The 'bright lights' nonsense came out when we got Conor in and he was on target to our player of the season. He's not a pointless signing if he plays well and keeps us up, how can you not see that? Or we can persevere with the likes of Morgan, Dempsey, Davison and Vennings in the first team. The first team that's won one game in 17. Think.
    Oh yeah, That Gallagher thing went  well... remind me where is he playing now? In case you hadn’t noticed that’s your academy, and yes with senior pros returning absolutely as they’ve already proved they can handle it. Unlike Gallagher they did not have that luxury when they were thrown in the deep end. Might I suggest you get your boots and let’s see how good you really are as you seem to know your stuff. 
    What a Carry On!