Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    Shame about Bostock. Wonder if there's a backup. 

I doubt we've made our transfers and are just choosing the time to declare them in public. The selling club would have no reason to keep it quiet. 

This is the normal pattern with last day transfers, we are working our way down the list. I believe that John Bostock was 3rd choice so the poor fella that comes into midfield ( if anyone) will get stick from Golfie because he ain't no Gallagher. The reality is we had a special talent in Conor and if our players hadn't dropped like flies would still be here.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Better player than people probably think right now. They like him at City.

This is still a decent move. Box to box midfielder.
    Who likes him at City?  Not saying your wrong, obviously they think he has something or they wouldnt of made him a pro.

But you say that with such confidence I wondered what it was based on. 
    Based on the usual transfer deadline day bluster.

Literally never heard of him, which is surprising because he has a comically common name, but hope he’s a Gallagher v2. 
  • Everyone knocking him definitely knocked Gallagher signing too! Idiots! 
  • So Southall's 'guess our next signing' competition... how many people answered '20 year old Matt Smith from Man City'...?! 😂
    He really didn't wanna give those tickets away did he. 
  • Wigwam signings confirmed. 

4 hours to go to get a marquee one 
  • Davo55 said:
    34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Hopefully Bowyer can do the same with him as with Gallagher.
    Oh please, the usual obsession with other clubs youth player being better nonsense, he could not even get in QPR’s side! Another waste when Charlton should be doing something with their kids not Man City’s 
    Do come off it. No-one can sensibly argue that Charlton fail to give youngsters their shot in the first team. 
    That’s not what I’m saying - I’m referencing the general obsession on getting new signings and the only ones Charlton seem to look at are other people’s future profit. He’s already not done much at QPR yet now it’s ok to ignore the youth who have been thrown in the deep end these past weeks. With senior players retuning surely it’s now you keep the Charlton youngsters involved?
    Whats to say they wont be involved?

Players are still returning, Bowyer has said that he wont throw unfit players in because we can only make three subs each game

Morgan and Doughty will yet contribute a lot more this season
  • 7 full caps for Wales before he’s 20 years old. Giggs obviously thinks he’s alright.
    Nah just stops England from getting their mits on him ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• So Southall's 'guess our next signing' competition... how many people answered '20 year old Matt Smith from Man City'...?! 😂
     Saved himself another £40!
  • Davo55 said:
    34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Oh please, the usual obsession with other clubs youth player being better nonsense, he could not even get in QPR’s side! Another waste when Charlton should be doing something with their kids not Man City’s 
    Do come off it. No-one can sensibly argue that Charlton fail to give youngsters their shot in the first team. 
    That’s not what I’m saying - I’m referencing the general obsession on getting new signings and the only ones Charlton seem to look at are other people’s future profit. He’s already not done much at QPR yet now it’s ok to ignore the youth who have been thrown in the deep end these past weeks. With senior players retuning surely it’s now you keep the Charlton youngsters involved?
    Youngsters from City are going to be a cut above our youngsters whether you accept that or not! Albie and the likes need to develop elsewhere and come back! Bowyer is obviously doing this for a reason! 
  • The picture of Smith on the website looks like it was taken quite a lot earlier today
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Everyone knocking him definitely knocked Gallagher signing too! Idiots! 
    I don’t think people are knocking him per se. Anyone who can be arsed to spend their Friday evening looking at a Charlton forum probably have Charlton’s best interests at heart, I think some people were expecting a little bit more from this transfer window after the takeover and that looks unfulfilled. 
  • Last loan slots taken so that rules out the Vydra superdupa dream. Last one has to be the Bristol rovers striker at a guess. If so not a bad window but at the same time not a window to make a massive fuss of, as Southall suggested this morning. 
    Unless Vdyra is a permanent but I accept this is very unlikely.
  • We got five loans now?.
  • Williams 
    McGeady
    Cullen
    Pratley
    Oztumer
    Smith
    Morgan
    Field

I'm happy with that midfield pool til the end of the season.
    Green 
    Doughty as wide options too.
  • Comparisons to Gallagher?

If Gallagher had been at QPR all season, I would presume the outcome wouldn’t have been 8 games with no impression.
  • Last loan slots taken so that rules out the Vydra superdupa dream. Last one has to be the Bristol rovers striker at a guess. If so not a bad window but at the same time not a window to make a massive fuss of, as Southall suggested this morning. 
    No it don’t your allowed 8. Only 5 in 18 man squad 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Smith eligible for selection tomorrow?
  • Smith’s a product of the West Brom youth system, so likely Field and Leko put in a good word. 
  • So we had £2.5 million plus a fair wage sat there for Maddison?

Something seriously off if we don't get at least one decent permanent through the door.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The sarcasm and negativity on this thread pisses me right off. 

Clearly Smith was signed earlier in the day, daylight and in full training gear.
    That has just blown my mind!!... Cant believe your the only one to notice this!!
  • 34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Failed to make an impact at QPR. Can’t help but think the bottom of the barrel is being scraped.
    Careful. @s@"SoundAsa£" doesn’t like that sort of talk. 😱
  • 34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Failed to make an impact at QPR. Can’t help but think the bottom of the barrel is being scraped.
    'never heard of him he's untested at this level'

'journey man, he has never been at a club for a long time'

'he's old, and past it'

'he's young and does not have the experience' 

'he didn't do well at his last club he must be rubbish'

What you hear everytime we sign a player. How many times have those people been proven wrong, yet continue to make assumptions?
  • In a Charlton top and its light outside this was done alot earlier than it was announced but was it done before midday