Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Plenty of crosses lads. 
    Not our strong point. 
    McGeady though 🤔
  • 34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Hopefully Bowyer can do the same with him as with Gallagher.
    Oh please, the usual obsession with other clubs youth player being better nonsense, he could not even get in QPR’s side! Another waste when Charlton should be doing something with their kids not Man City’s 
    Or you could actually wait and see how he does first?
  • Tahnoons boss having a word with his Man City cousin!  
    And so it starts! 
  • Don’t know anything about him really so feel confident in the Charlton recruitment team. 

My only slight disappointment about this signing is that I think that puts the Chirivella link to bed.
  • Battle of the Matt Smiths when we play Millwall
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Don’t know anything about him really so feel confident in the Charlton recruitment team. 

My only slight disappointment about this signing is that I think that puts the Chirivella link to bed.
    On the other side... If Cawley is right in what he says (about there being one more) then this last player will be a permanent signing

Smith signing means anymore loans will see one missing out and dont think Bowyer wants to do that

Oh please, the usual obsession with other clubs youth player being better nonsense, he could not even get in QPR’s side! Another waste when Charlton should be doing something with their kids not Man City’s 
    Or you could actually wait and see how he does first?
    Nah, best to just write him off without knowing fuck all about him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Very highly rated at City. Could be a good signing. Announcement in the next 5-10 minutes apparently.
  • Battle of the Matt Smiths when we play Millwall
    I fear I already know the winner of that particular contest.

Do come off it. No-one can sensibly argue that Charlton fail to give youngsters their shot in the first team. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Plenty of crosses lads. 

Not our strong point. 
    Wrong Matt Smith, that one now plays for Millwall
  • JamesSeed said:
    Plenty of crosses lads. 

Not our strong point. 
    Wrong Matt Smith @JamesSeed
  • edited January 2020
    this has all the hallmarks of turning into another damp squib ...
    Well that’s a sign of progress as for many years we had damp squids

Sid come on reveal which of our youth team products knocking on the first team door is your son , hes got to have got close with all the recent carnage !

is it Vennings ?

You mean the kids that have been playing in our run of 1 win in 18 games?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rearrange the following words to make a sentence:  barrel of bottom scraping a the.  
  • Kinda ridiculous that we could not even get Maddison on a LOAN, which is what Hull got him for. Loan to buy in the summer. Would have been perfect.
  • edited January 2020
    34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Obsession? What you on about ya freak 
    He said similar when Gallagher signed. Must be related to Albie Morgan :smile:
  • So next one will be a permanent?

Who could it be?

Smith wasn't a name mentioned so doesn't have to be someone already discussed.
  • MS ... now official
  • I said this before the Bostock transfer went sour.

A substitute midfielder from a midfield that got dominated by us for 70 odd minutes, no loss at all. 
    I mean that midfield did get bossed by us until Bostock came on. 
    He looked good against a midfield that went gung-ho pressing like their lives depended on it before he come on.
  • I know our Midfield is slowly coming back from injury (so Smith will allow us to ease others back) but once we've got everyone back do they seem him starting ahead of Cullen | Williams | Field | Pratley | Oztumer | McGeady)

Yes you could say the same about Gallagher but if Smith is as good for us as Conor then all the better

If anything I'm hoping that he's a bit of a Josh Cullen type player in midfield - The loss of Josh has hurt us badly
  • Given that I’d never heard of Conor Gallagher before he joined us I certainly won’t judge Matt Smith before I see him...he’s not a Man City player for nothing !

in SG and LB we trust!
    Aye never heard of him but presumably he'll be able to do a job if needed. Can cover left back and right back positions as well according to transfermarkt website.