Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Interesting that Bostock had the same agent as Bowyer.

Toulouse have been accused of wrecking John Bostock's switch to Charlton.

The Addicks were keen to take the midfielder, 28, on loan on deadline day.

But that needed Toulouse to cut short his current loan with Nottingham Forest, fwhere Bostock has made just five appearances this term.

Bostock's agent Rob Segal claimed the French side did not want the admin hassle and decided to leave the player at Forest where he is out of favour.

Segal told SunSport: “The move collapsed, purely because of Toulouse being too lazy.

“They couldn't be bothered to do the paperwork and were quite happy to leave him at Forest and pick up their money.”

Brexit ?
  • People saying they have a hunch that MS must have something big lined up or he wouldn't be so confident. 

I hope that's true but
    Bowyer has said we are relying on favours
    Bowyer has said we haven't bid £1m for anyone 
    We today tried to sign Bostock, a player we weren't interested in earlier in the window.
    We refused a player because they wanted an extra £1k a week.
    We wouldn't pay Blackpool more for Gnanduillet than offered in the summer.

All the evidence points to no big signings.

• Fosu and Baptiste to Brentford 
  • People saying they have a hunch that MS must have something big lined up or he wouldn't be so confident. 

I hope that's true but
    Bowyer has said we are relying on favours
    Bowyer has said we haven't bid £1m for anyone 
    We today tried to sign Bostock, a player we weren't interested in earlier in the window.
    We refused a player because they wanted an extra £1k a week.
    We wouldn't pay Blackpool more for Gnanduillet than offered in the summer.

All the evidence points to no big signings.

Maybe HE has come over, liked what he’s seen and thought sod it I’m gonna get my wallet out. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Wonder how long it takes the FA for clearance on last day of the window. They ain’t exactly quick with other stuff.
    Just looking forward to Charlton submitting registrations at 10.59 and the fax jamming.

You all know what happens next. :neutral:

maybe we're hand delivering everything to be sure - chris and sue p whizzing round london on a motorbike and side car 

• Looks like Adam Idah is staying put, he's starting for Norwich U23's tonight!
  • Interesting that Bostock had the same agent as Bowyer.

Toulouse have been accused of wrecking John Bostock's switch to Charlton.

The Addicks were keen to take the midfielder, 28, on loan on deadline day.

But that needed Toulouse to cut short his current loan with Nottingham Forest, fwhere Bostock has made just five appearances this term.

Bostock's agent Rob Segal claimed the French side did not want the admin hassle and decided to leave the player at Forest where he is out of favour.

Segal told SunSport: “The move collapsed, purely because of Toulouse being too lazy.

“They couldn't be bothered to do the paperwork and were quite happy to leave him at Forest and pick up their money.”

Brexit ?
    Please don't 🙏
  • Let's wait and see.

If signings happen they happen. If signings don't happen they don't.

Come the morning we'll know all the ins and outs and can judge the business done.

Then we can go to the Valley and see how the team performs.

LLLBH

• Bristol rovers have signed another striker. Permanent deal this time 
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 strikers in 2 days for Bristol Rovers. Very interesting 
  • Sage said:
    Bizarre. No wonder Toulouse are in the sh*t in Ligue 1 if that’s their attitude to everything.
    Yes. They are used toulouseing.
    It's a bit of a lautrec from there n'all for young Bostock.
    Perhaps instead we'll sign the Bristol Rovers' striker from Degas?

• I have a feeling we are going to land Vydra. 
  • I said this before the Bostock transfer went sour.

A substitute midfielder from a midfield that got dominated by us for 70 odd minutes, no loss at all. 
     The substitute that changed the game for them. Feel free to whoosh
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bostock transfer has fallen through due to Toulouse not wanting to deal with the admin.
    Why did we leave it so late?

Toulouse could have been approached some time ago and cancelled the loan.
    Chelsea did the same with Gallagher.

We didn't leave it late......Bostock was probaby number 12 or 13 on our list, and seeing as numbers 1-11 haven't come off we're now scrambling around trying to get just any old body in. 
    Yeah that’ll be what happened. Bowyer, Gallen and Southall definitely went it to it with the philosophy that “any old body” will do.
  • Just came back on line after 3 hours.
    Ok no more signings, maybe Matt is waiting for transfer fees and wage demands to drop ? 
    The good news is Taylor can't leave now because to lose your best striker would look shocking a few hours before the window shuts. If we were in mid table I'm convinced Taylor would have left (he still might)
    There is still time for Matt Southall to look good but last day deals often fail.

Taylor stays= good window
    Taylor goes= bad window

It's that clear cut.

Why should they fail ? Southall told us himself & as an ex agent he would know, the prices fall the nearer we get to the deadline.
    But as you and I know Bob, if you are in demand the prices go up, if your not in demand the wages may fall.
    Matt Southall must know that if he has been involved with last day transfers before ?

Less than 5 hours for Matt to deliver or block an outgoing transfer. It's a results business on and off the pitch. 

• Manchester City midfielder Matt Smith is set to join Charlton on loan.
  • edited January 2020
    Matt Smith from Man City 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Scoham said:s
    Maybe Bristol Rovers wanted to announce that before announcing JCH to us...?
    They let Nichols go out on loan though so one out effectively 
  • I have a feeling we are going to land Vydra. 
    "I've got a feeling, a feeling deep inside ..... oh yeah, Oh Yeah!"

(John Lennon)

• edited January 2020
    34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Hopefully Bowyer can do the same with him as with Gallagher.
  • Manchester City midfielder Matt Smith is set to join Charlton on loan.
    The good news is we can leave this one until the last minute - what with being Dr Who he can just jump in his Tardis and be at sparrows lane in seconds. 
  • Let's wait and see.

If signings happen they happen. If signings don't happen they don't.

Come the morning we'll know all the ins and outs and can judge the business done.

Then we can go to the Valley and see how the team performs.

LLLBH
    Whatever happens must get behind the team vocally tomorrow as a massive game.
  • Must be dead to fail a medical with us
    The last person to fail a medical at Cafc, had a disabled sticker on their car.
  • Its Charlton on deadline day so I expect nothing. 

My guess is that McGeady will be all we get in and Bowyer will say getting back injured players will be like 'new signings'. 

Would love to be proved wrong but we just don't do exciting deadline days.