Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    bobmunro said:
    I just have a hunch that two (or more) deals have been done, and MS's style says they will be announced at 10.59pm on the website.

He seems way too relaxed otherwise.
    it wouldn't surprise me if the deals are already done - maybe trying to see how leaky those who would know are or maybe waiting for photo opportunity etc?? - ms defo said medicals so either that or someone's failed one??
    Maybe they're waiting for photo opportunity with both MS and HE. They both like a social media photo
  • Wonder how long it takes the FA for clearance on last day of the window. They ain’t exactly quick with other stuff.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Vydra still expected to leave Burnley according to SSN. 
    I saw that. What a signing he’d be. It’s the hope that kills you! 
  • Must be dead to fail a medical with us
    not now HE has sent his man over - apparently camels and a cage are used - notice how our bench was suddenly full after 'the examiner' from the east was mentioned
  • Wonder how long it takes the FA for clearance on last day of the window. They ain’t exactly quick with other stuff.
    Just looking forward to Charlton submitting registrations at 10.59 and the fax jamming.

You all know what happens next. :neutral:

• edited January 2020
    Bostock transfer has fallen through due to Toulouse not wanting to deal with the admin.
  • bobmunro said:
    I just have a hunch that two (or more) deals have been done, and MS's style says they will be announced at 10.59pm on the website.

He seems way too relaxed otherwise.
    No reason why not as presumably they wouldn't have been signed in time for tomorrow's match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Wonder how long it takes the FA for clearance on last day of the window. They ain’t exactly quick with other stuff.
    Just looking forward to Charlton submitting registrations at 10.59 and the fax jamming.

You all know what happens next. :neutral:

maybe we're hand delivering everything to be sure - chris and sue p whizzing round london on a motorbike and side car 
  • Shame about Bostock. Wonder if there's a backup. 

I doubt we've made our transfers and are just choosing the time to declare them in public. The selling club would have no reason to keep it quiet. 
  • Bostock transfer has fallen through due to Toulouse not wanting to deal with the admin.
    Why did we leave it so late?

Toulouse could have been approached some time ago and cancelled the loan.
    Chelsea did the same with Gallagher.

• Interesting that Bostock had the same agent as Bowyer.

Toulouse have been accused of wrecking John Bostock's switch to Charlton.

The Addicks were keen to take the midfielder, 28, on loan on deadline day.

But that needed Toulouse to cut short his current loan with Nottingham Forest, fwhere Bostock has made just five appearances this term.

Bostock's agent Rob Segal claimed the French side did not want the admin hassle and decided to leave the player at Forest where he is out of favour.

Segal told SunSport: “The move collapsed, purely because of Toulouse being too lazy.

“They couldn't be bothered to do the paperwork and were quite happy to leave him at Forest and pick up their money.”

Would never have happened pre Brexit..............
  • I'm going to be a little embarrassed for MS if everything goes tits up. 
  • mendonca said:
    Shame about Bostock. Wonder if there's a backup. 

I doubt we've made our transfers and are just choosing the time to declare them in public. The selling club would have no reason to keep it quiet. 
    Good point
  • If we keep Lyle but don’t manage to sign anyone else I’ll take that . 
    Phillips 

Matthews
    Purrington
    Lockyer
    Pearce

Cullen
    Field
    Williams

McGeady

Taylor
    Bonne

Bench:

Amos
    Sarr
    Oshilaja
    Pratley (well deserved rest)
    Doughty
    Green
    Hemed

It’s how long until then can all start and how long they stay fit.

Its too much of a risk with so much at stake. We need another 3 in my opinion to be happy.

A CB, centre mid and striker 
  • Sponsored links:

• I said this before the Bostock transfer went sour.

A substitute midfielder from a midfield that got dominated by us for 70 odd minutes, no loss at all. 
  • Not that fussed about Bostock . Don’t rate him at all . Now we see what MS is made of . Less than 5 hours to do some serious business. 
  • "French" and "Not wanting to do administratiom" definitely 2 things I've heard in the same sentence, which is quite ironic considering the amount of administration beaurocracy and red tape that exists here. 
  • mendonca said:
    Shame about Bostock. Wonder if there's a backup. 

Clubs usually have a mutual agreement though dont they

I remember Olly being pissed off once when STVV announced they'd signed Ceballos a few days before the intended time that had been agreed so both teams could announce it together
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bostock transfer has fallen through due to Toulouse not wanting to deal with the admin.
    Why did we leave it so late?

Toulouse could have been approached some time ago and cancelled the loan.
    Chelsea did the same with Gallagher.

We didn't leave it late......Bostock was probaby number 12 or 13 on our list, and seeing as numbers 1-11 haven't come off we're now scrambling around trying to get just any old body in. 
  • Bostock's agent Rob Segal claimed the French side did not want the admin hassle and decided to leave the player at Forest where he is out of favour. Segal told SunSport: “The move collapsed, purely because of Toulouse being too lazy.

“They couldn't be bothered to do the paperwork and were quite happy to leave him at Forest and pick up their money.”

Funnily enough, t's Friday today in France also ...... and 1 hour ahead of us.

Poets day every Friday and the office staff all go home at 4 o'clock, their time.
    Le weekend commence!

• Sage said:
    Bizarre. No wonder Toulouse are in the sh*t in Ligue 1 if that’s their attitude to everything.
    Yes. They are used toulouseing.
    It's a bit of a lautrec from there n'all for young Bostock.