Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Sage said:
    Better player than people probably think right now. They like him at City.

This is still a decent move. Box to box midfielder.
    Who likes him at City?  Not saying your wrong, obviously they think he has something or they wouldnt of made him a pro.

But you say that with such confidence I wondered what it was based on. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I said this before the Bostock transfer went sour.

A substitute midfielder from a midfield that got dominated by us for 70 odd minutes, no loss at all. 
     The substitute that changed the game for them. Feel free to whoosh
    Again, he looked good against a team that pressed their bollocks off before he come on, easier to look good against knackered players.
  • ValleyGary said:Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    Barnsle 
    Who does your club need to keep hold of?
    "Alex Mowatt is a player at the top of his game. He is the heartbeat of this team on and off the pitch and leads by example."

We were linked with this player earlier in the window.
    I wonder, is he the midfielder that we turned down because he wanted an extra £1k pw?

Cannot see SG saying he isn't work an extra 52k a year.

My glass is mostly half full but I predict we will go into the bottom three at some point. I really hope all you optimistic posters are right that we avoid relegation but it’s going to be tight I reckon.
    Imagine that performance with Williams taking players on and Cullen spraying the ball around

Then you've got the pace of Green and hopefully Taylor getting fitter and returning to his Championship level best

Of course its only a dream at the moment what with the injuries but for me its the sign we can get out of this

In a relegation dogfight now. A talented But raw arthritic 21 year old plus a midfielder from Barnsley and a PL loan doesn’t smack of loaded owners to me given the current plight.
    8hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus, give the new owners a chance to create user names and email addresses to connect to the server before you write them off. 

They probably don’t know where the tea and coffee are kept yet. 

Take a deep breath, give them time to settle in and actually sign players first
    You have a point but Bowyer has said he expects 3 players. Green is one. A midfielder from Barnsley is our cash target and a PL striker loan. That won’t keep us up
  • So next one will be a permanent?

Who could it be?

Smith wasn't a name mentioned so doesn't have to be someone already discussed.
    Another fact that could yet surprise us

All we know is that this perm player is someone we wanted in the summer
  • stonemuse said:
    Given that I’d never heard of Conor Gallagher before he joined us I certainly won’t judge Matt Smith before I see him...he’s not a Man City player for nothing !

in SG and LB we trust!
    Exactly 
    Remember that cracker jack we signed on loan from Man United, he wasn't a Manchester United player for nothing, what was his name Danial or David something starting with a P. 
  • In Gallen and Bowyer we trust, feel like we have to say this as educated negativity is throwned upon. 

But underwhelming to say the least, QPR are shite and couldn’t get a sniff, happy to be proved wrong. 
  • Who has perms these days?
  • Was Smith seriously on Bowyers list?
  • Sponsored links:

• Last loan slots taken so that rules out the Vydra superdupa dream. Last one has to be the Bristol rovers striker at a guess. If so not a bad window but at the same time not a window to make a massive fuss of, as Southall suggested this morning. 
  • Who has perms these days?

• Was Smith seriously on Bowyers list?
    Well yeah but not that list or that list but that list
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    stonemuse said:
    Given that I’d never heard of Conor Gallagher before he joined us I certainly won’t judge Matt Smith before I see him...he’s not a Man City player for nothing !

in SG and LB we trust!
    Exactly 
    Remember that cracker jack we signed on loan from Man United, he wasn't a Manchester United player for nothing, what was his name Danial or David something starting with a P. 
    Petrucci?
  • Every other clubs youngster we sign from now on will be a potential Connor Gallagher !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Zzzzzzzz
  • Davo55 said:
    34 games last season in the Dutch top flight. Can’t be too bad.

Hopefully Bowyer can do the same with him as with Gallagher.
    Oh please, the usual obsession with other clubs youth player being better nonsense, he could not even get in QPR’s side! Another waste when Charlton should be doing something with their kids not Man City’s 
    Do come off it. No-one can sensibly argue that Charlton fail to give youngsters their shot in the first team. 
    That’s not what I’m saying - I’m referencing the general obsession on getting new signings and the only ones Charlton seem to look at are other people’s future profit. He’s already not done much at QPR yet now it’s ok to ignore the youth who have been thrown in the deep end these past weeks. With senior players retuning surely it’s now you keep the Charlton youngsters involved?
  • It's just too exciting.
  • My missus : we’ve signed a midfielder from Man Ciity!!

Me : Fantastic , De Bruyne - No 
    Silva, no , Sane, er no , Mahrez don’t be daft , Matt Smith! 

Oh who’s he, the guy in Doctor who?

Bit of a left field signing, welcome to the club Matt, I think we’ve got to call him The Doctor’.
  • Fumbluff said:
    Zzzzzzzz
    High voltage
  • Sid come on reveal which of our youth team products knocking on the first team door is your son , hes got to have got close with all the recent carnage !

is it Vennings ?
    😂 No it’s not - I’ll tell you when your next at the Den, over a beer! 
  • Every other clubs youngster we sign from now on will be a potential Connor Gallagher !!
    Belik, Cullen, Leko even Field to a certain extent, with Greene showing early promise. I don't get your point. The youngsters we have got in loan from other teams under LB and SG have all done well for us.