Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    How long have we got until Bonne is back?
    Couple of weeks 
  • Options
    It all depends on the next three hours. Could be crucial.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Two hours... Window closes @ 11pm
  • Options
    Quite a few players being released from contracts, going to be a few free agents floating around tomorrow.

A few players leaving Chinese clubs too ....
     Nothing changes
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It is what it is, plenty of out of contracts out there. Judge them on the 1st March. We go again 💪💪
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    bobmunro said:
    Melrose said:
    If it ends up like this then MS is gonna have a very tough time.

From who, apart from you?
    And also why? If things stay the way they are, we are stronger than we were when ESI first took over.

Bowyer Signed and Taylor Stays. 
    3 players signed, and the only real blemish being Gallagher leaving, which was not in our hands.
    I mean that is simply not correct. When ESI took over we had Bowyer, Taylor and Gallagher (plus Leko, Kayal and Ledley). We don’t anymore. 

I’m not certain if we are better now with Gallagher replaced by the new recruits, they’d have to be pretty good for that to be the case because he was our best player. 

I honestly can't believe you are trying to use Joe Ledley leaving as a counter argument against my point.

From what I have seen of him I would argue that Green looks to be as useful as Leko. Kayal never got going and I believe Smith will be better than him because of that. And Mcgeady offers something different to what we previously had and is a player Bowyer clearly rates.

For me that outweighs the loss of Gallagher, which I mention is the only blemish, and at least that is in a position we have plenty of options in.

And we still may sign someone else. 
    Wait, do you understand how parentheses work? 

I have no idea if McGeady and Smith are collectively better than Gallagher - I highly doubt it - but either way we are where we are and we all have to hope that they are because we all need them to be as fellow Charlton fans. 

I’m underwhelmed with this window, I don’t agree that we’re stronger, but provided we pick up the points required it doesn’t really matter. 
    Cool, I honestly think Gallagher has been our best player this season so can’t accept losing him and the impact that has so dismissively. 
  • Options
    It is what it is.

We are locked in a relegation fight and at present I don’t think we have done anywhere near enough. Part of that is down to my own unrealistic expectations of how much money the owners had. 

Either way the team has my support but for me we needed some big additions.

Cant underestimate Taylor staying - him and Hemed starting would be significant till Bonne is back.

Two hours to go to change the night 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is what it is.

We are locked in a relegation fight and at present I don’t think we have done anywhere near enough. Part of that is down to my own unrealistic expectations of how much money the owners had. 

Either way the team has my support but for me we needed some big additions.

Cant underestimate Taylor staying - him and Hemed starting would be significant till Bonne is back.

Two hours to go to change the night 
    If we don’t bring anymore in then I’ll agree that it’s not as good a day as expected.

However, with returning players I think we will be stronger than the previous 10 or so games and it’ll be enough for us to stay up.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can still sign from overseas until midnight according to SSN.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I see Lee Amis in the reflection of the window. Still yet to find out his exact role at the club? 
    Vice Chairman as the man himself was telling everyone recently 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    CafcSCP said:
    se9addick said:
    bobmunro said:
    Melrose said:

And also why? If things stay the way they are, we are stronger than we were when ESI first took over.

3 players signed, and the only real blemish being Gallagher leaving, which was not in our hands.
    I mean that is simply not correct. When ESI took over we had Bowyer, Taylor and Gallagher (plus Leko, Kayal and Ledley). We don’t anymore. 

I’m not certain if we are better now with Gallagher replaced by the new recruits, they’d have to be pretty good for that to be the case because he was our best player. 

I honestly can't believe you are trying to use Joe Ledley leaving as a counter argument against my point.

From what I have seen of him I would argue that Green looks to be as useful as Leko. Kayal never got going and I believe Smith will be better than him because of that. And Mcgeady offers something different to what we previously had and is a player Bowyer clearly rates.

For me that outweighs the loss of Gallagher, which I mention is the only blemish, and at least that is in a position we have plenty of options in.

I disagree that Green looks to be as useful as Leko.
    I'd like to hear why you think that. 

I'd argue that he certainly lacks that raw pace and trickery that Leko had which frightens defenders. However he is no slough himself, and is definitely much more considered on the ball than Leko*. From what I have seen of Green he has a better understanding of the game then Leko did. I personally feel that although Leko had that ability to create something out of nothing, Greens ability to read the game, and get into better positions and find better passes will be more useful in the long run. Especially when Mcgeady can be that more flair type player.

*I just want to mention I was a fan of Leko and defended him many times on this forum. 
    How can you judge a player who’s only played with our kids.
    proper team is coming back plus the new boys, then we can make judgements 
    So half the forum judge our new signings before they kick a football for Charlton, yet I make an informed decision about what I have seen from Greene in actual games and that is wierd?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can still sign from overseas until midnight according to SSN.
    No our window closes at 11pm
    Scottish window closes at 12am

Players can leave after 11pm but not join

So Taylor could go Rangers between 11-12
  • Options
    So, replaced Kayal with mc greedy, Leko with Green and Gallagher with Smith. Is that it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There will be one more incoming and it will be a striker IMO
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    There will be one more incoming and it will be a striker IMO
    Gotta be a striker surely 
  • Options
    Still time for deal sheets.
  • Options

Caption this... (Haha I got the picture Matt Southall...)
    LB: Look, if we can get Messi & HE is happy to stump up the wages then let’s go for it.
    SG: Agreed. What a coup that would be!
    MS: Let me just check the height limit on CharltonLife again.

Can’t Lee just raid the yellow swear box on his desk and buy Clarke Harris?
  • Options
    Don’t forget you have to get the deal sheet in by 11pm then you have a further two hours to complete the deal. Saying that I’m assuming the EFL works the same as the PL.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    bobmunro said:
    Melrose said:

I disagree that Green looks to be as useful as Leko.
    I'd like to hear why you think that. 

I'd argue that he certainly lacks that raw pace and trickery that Leko had which frightens defenders. However he is no slough himself, and is definitely much more considered on the ball than Leko*. From what I have seen of Green he has a better understanding of the game then Leko did. I personally feel that although Leko had that ability to create something out of nothing, Greens ability to read the game, and get into better positions and find better passes will be more useful in the long run. Especially when Mcgeady can be that more flair type player.

*I just want to mention I was a fan of Leko and defended him many times on this forum. 
    They're different players as Leko can play as more of a striker whereas Green is really a winger. Indeed someone (Bowyer or Gallen?) said earlier in the window that Green wasn't a replacement for Leko, and that they were still looking for a replacement forward for Leko.

I will be pretty disappointed if we end up signing no striker in this window, it seems a bit unbalanced that our 5 loan players are ALL midfielders or attacking midfielders, unless we actually sign a striker on a perm deal.
  • Options
    Wayne Rooney scores for Wayne Rooney‘s Derby 
    And quite naturally the commentators pants become fully loaded. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Wayne Rooney scores for Wayne Rooney‘s Derby 
    And quite naturally the commentators pants become fully loaded. 
    And Sky Sports News show the goal, the only goal they have shown tonight and spend 5 minutes discussing it and Wayne Rooney