Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Manure look set to sign a 30 year old Nigerian who played for Watford for a bit before screwing off to China as their striker to get them back into the top 4, lol
    Who do you suggest they sign, that's avalible? 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now
    Don’t count ya chickens just yet.

Probably the wrong phrase, but let’s go with it.
    Itk or a hunch?
    Been told we are now very close, so I hope just like we all do, that it’s completed in time even if that means a deal sheet.
    Zain Westbrooke or someone else?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Manure look set to sign a 30 year old Nigerian who played for Watford for a bit before screwing off to China as their striker to get them back into the top 4, lol
    I would have offered Napoli £10m for Mertens
  • Options
    Couldn't we do a deal sheet for Bostock? 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now

Itk or a hunch?
    Been told we are now very close, so I hope just like we all do, that it’s completed in time even if that means a deal sheet.
    No offence but if it's only 1 more really hope it's not Zain

We need another attacker
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Carvani was available and a deal could of been done. What there trying to do tonight is embarrassing for a club of their pedigree 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    bobmunro said:
    Melrose said:
    If it ends up like this then MS is gonna have a very tough time.

From who, apart from you?
    And also why? If things stay the way they are, we are stronger than we were when ESI first took over.

Bowyer Signed and Taylor Stays. 
    3 players signed, and the only real blemish being Gallagher leaving, which was not in our hands.
    I mean that is simply not correct. When ESI took over we had Bowyer, Taylor and Gallagher (plus Leko, Kayal and Ledley). We don’t anymore. 

I’m not certain if we are better now with Gallagher replaced by the new recruits, they’d have to be pretty good for that to be the case because he was our best player. 

I honestly can't believe you are trying to use Joe Ledley leaving as a counter argument against my point.

From what I have seen of him I would argue that Green looks to be as useful as Leko. Kayal never got going and I believe Smith will be better than him because of that. And Mcgeady offers something different to what we previously had and is a player Bowyer clearly rates.

For me that outweighs the loss of Gallagher, which I mention is the only blemish, and at least that is in a position we have plenty of options in.

And we still may sign someone else. 
    Wait, do you understand how parentheses work? 

I have no idea if McGeady and Smith are collectively better than Gallagher - I highly doubt it - but either way we are where we are and we all have to hope that they are because we all need them to be as fellow Charlton fans. 

I’m underwhelmed with this window, I don’t agree that we’re stronger, but provided we pick up the points required it doesn’t really matter. 
    Fair enough. I respect that you have that opinion. 

I personally can't see how you think we are weaker. The only player in this window we have lost that will be difficult to replace is Gallagher. However with our other midfield options, and this switch to the 4-2-3-1 we seem to be heading towards I think him leaving will have less of an impact on the team then people think. 

Marquee signings??  We clearly have zero money and our new chairman instead of trying to be all things to mankind should have perhaps gone about his business in a quieter fashion as this is not what any of us expected. Dissapointed is an understatement and gawd forbid if tomorrow doesn't go our way as this site will go into melt down! 
    Exactly. Feel we have been taken the piss out of by MS etc. Super duper phone my arse!

• Options
    90 minutes to go 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    edinson cavani
  • Options
    I’m happy to contribute an extra £22.50 a week to the club If that helps a deal get over the line 😁
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now

Itk or a hunch?
    Now that’s asking too much :smiley: 

I don’t know the name but a certain poster on here can back me up as I had a conversation with them in PM about an hour ago.
  • Options
    90 minutes to go 
    Plus stoppage time. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Wonder how long it takes the FA for clearance on last day of the window. They ain’t exactly quick with other stuff.
    Just looking forward to Charlton submitting registrations at 10.59 and the fax jamming.

You all know what happens next. :neutral:

Didn't something like that supposedly happen with Hemed?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Couldn't we do a deal sheet for Bostock? 
    Toulouse can’t be arsed 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now

Itk or a hunch?

I don’t know the name but a certain poster on here can back me up as I had a conversation with them in PM about an hour ago.
    I told you the other day... the fake Henry Irving isnt a reliable source!!  :D
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Wonder how long it takes the FA for clearance on last day of the window. They ain’t exactly quick with other stuff.
    Just looking forward to Charlton submitting registrations at 10.59 and the fax jamming.

You all know what happens next. :neutral:

Didn't something like that supposedly happen with Hemed?
    Yeah but unfortunately we got it over the line.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Caption this...

Matt: Tommy Driesen says we should go for Erhun Oztumer.
    Bowyer: Look, if you are gonna be that ignorant, go back to your old job as Anthony Joshua's post-Coronavirus body-double.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There you go, Cavani and Mertens. Maybe even Giroud? Instead they've waited until the last 12 hours of the window to try and sign King on the basis that he's Norwegian so would throw his toys out of the pram and force a move to play for United under OGS, and now they're going to be stuck with a journeyman from the Chinese League that hasn't played in 2 months. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Carvani was available and a deal could of been done. What there trying to do tonight is embarrassing for a club of their pedigree 
    Even William Jose is a deal they could have done but refused to match what Sociedad wanted £25M for a striker isn't much and if they said to Sociedad we will give you £20M plus £5 if he get x amount of goals I am sure they would have taken it
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    They have said that Carvani is not avaliable.  Spurs also wanted Ingalo but were told if he is going he is going to United.  Chelsea tried for Mertens.

Chelsea, United and Spurs all want a striker, the later 2 need a short term option, but none of them have got one. Says to me there isn't 1 avalible. At the level they want.  I would say that is true for us :wink:
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    If he can get out of the country!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    If he can get out of the country!
    Got 16 days until their next league after tomorrow. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now

Itk or a hunch?

We need another attacker
    Why do we need another attacker if we can pick from Taylor, Bonne, Davidson, Hemed, Aneke, and Green, being fed by Williams and McGeady ? As ESI aren't spending on players until they get more sponsorship from UAE businesses.

• Options
    Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now

Itk or a hunch?

Do you think it’s ‘marquee’ worthy Sage?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    thenewbie said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    94 minutes to go. 
    Fuck all will happen now

Itk or a hunch?

We need another attacker
    Why do we need another attacker if we can pick from Taylor, Bonne, Davidson, Hemed, Aneke, and Green, being fed by Williams and McGeady ?

Loan out Davison ideally - Aneke isnt a Striker either as Bowyer's said he doesnt seem him able to fill that role

Green could be used like McGeady in more of a wide role which leaves us Taylor | Bonne | Hemed as the experienced out n out strikers
  • Options
    Fuck me lads, come on!  The bloke's just bought into Charlton Athletic, a one way ticket to disappointmentsville...
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    sam3110 said:
    There you go, Cavani and Mertens. Maybe even Giroud? Instead they've waited until the last 12 hours of the window to try and sign King on the basis that he's Norwegian so would throw his toys out of the pram and force a move to play for United under OGS, and now they're going to be stuck with a journeyman from the Chinese League that hasn't played in 2 months. 
    But Chelsea would only let Giroud go if they got Mertens..... 

Don't forget that King was at United when OGS was reserve team manager so its a bit more than being "Norwegian".

Anyway back to us