Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• 3 more to be brought in today, apparently.

Matt is very confident at least 3 will sign today. He also said they will be "high calibre".
    Is that on one of the twitter videos?

Matt is very confident at least 3 will sign today. He also said they will be "high calibre".
    He actually said confident on 3? very pleasing if true. lets hope so. 
  • Sage said:
    Just read that maddison to hull is a loan to end of season with a view to perm. Paying a loan fee to the posh.
    Obviously good signing for them, but a really odd one when you think of it. In the short term, everyone is happy.

He’s definitely using Hull to play games in the Championship and hope for a better move in the summer for more money and a signing on bonus. 
    Be interesting how the deal is structured. Is there an obligation on either side (like some of the option for a further year contracts)? Or is it try and see for both 
  • Greenie said:
    Matt isn't going to put hes reputation on the line with all the stuff he is saying

I don't think that super deal phone is JCH

I think we have someone completely under the radar lined up. 

JHC, loan signing, Big signing 

That's my prediction 
    Agreed, Ive thought all along that they will get the 'marquee' in under the radar. That should help a few mattresses dry out among certain fans over the weekend.
    The Marquee signings would be Taylor and Cullen. This window we are looking to add to the squad with unwanted players at other clubs.  Great to see Matt enjoying his job and engaging with the fan base.
  • I think they could come back in with £4 million as its not much more 
  • Sponsored links:

Possibly even 4.
    Maybe even 5.
  • Must be at least one more to be announced as last night Southall said 'medicals' implying more than one signing was close. McGeady was obviously one of them.

Perhaps Doherty and JCH?
    Docherty signed last night as well.
    I'm confident of that.
    That would be great if it 2/3 more on top of Docherty
  • Southbank said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I honestly belive it's up to Lyle (we all know it actually isn't) at least not till the summer. However I feel if he looks LB and MS in the eyes and says look I want to go that will be it and they won't stand in his way. I hate to say sometimes football is about more than just what the fans want to see. 
      I have a feeling we can afford (financially) to let him rot in the reserves for 6 months if he so chooses and I hope that sways his thought process.
    The smart thing would be to offer him a 6 month contract on what Brentford are offering him. Cheaper and less risky than any other possibility.
    You are saying offer Lyle a new contract now for 6 months, improving his terms but then let him walk in the summer for free or am I missing something?

We could just let him see out his contract on his current wage and let him go for free in the summer anyway! Or offer him 3 years at what he wants
  • Chef United have told Leon Clark he can go out on loan 🤔
  • Not claiming to be ITK here but my friend who texted me saying Bowyer did not know about RD statement in the summer and was going to stay has just texted me and said we have bid around 1m for the Bristol Rovers striker Clarke-Harris

Can't wait for the pelters if it does not come off.

An offer has been accepted apparently. We are now talking to the player.
    Wonder if this was the player we was in for in the summer and went back in for last night? 
  • Still need a Gallagher replacement. That's not McGeady. Would be Docherty if true
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Here’s a WhatsApp from my Sunderland friend:

’Ha, he was kicked out of the squad and put with the u23’s and told he could leave as he was being “disruptive” - apparently didn’t like Phil P who then just pushed him out. 
    If you saw Sunderland till I die he was quite critical of Chris Coleman on camera as well. It’s been simmering since Jack Ross left. 
    He is a talent, but we have actually improved since he went out of the team!
    He is a very skill full player and capable of a flash of brilliance but he does slow the play down and doesn’t fit with Parkinson’s pressing Lg1 style!’

There you have it. 
    [Meant for the McGeady thread]

• So if Southall is talking about 3, maybe 4 players, who are we looking at? 

Jonson Clarke-Harris is almost certainly one name
    Greg Docherty another
    Parrott or Idah perhaps?
    Maddison is now a very long shot

Will there be a name or two that come completely out of the blue? (McGeady was only mentioned a few hours before the deal)
  • _MrDick said:
    Chef United have told Leon Clark he can go out on loan 🤔
    Is that a cooks union ? 
  • sam3110 said:
    So if Southall is talking about 3, maybe 4 players, who are we looking at? 

Jonson Clarke-Harris is almost certainly one name
    Greg Docherty another
    Parrott or Idah perhaps?
    Maddison is now a very long shot

Will there be a name or two that come completely out of the blue? (McGeady was only mentioned a few hours before the deal)
    Think they'll be an Andre Green style signing that comes out of nowhere and hasn't been linked at all
  • John Bostock incoming - You heard it here first 
  • edited January 2020
    Bowen to Westham for £22 million, that's very good money. Still hope they go down 
  • RedManS said:
    John Bostock incoming - You heard it here first 
    Pretty sure we heard it several weeks ago eh?
  • robroy said:
    Bowen to Westham for £22 million, that's very good money. Still hope they go down 
    Crazy money.

• Sorry I haven't seen southall say anything about numbers anywhere. I think people are getting carried away.

If he has can someone share it. Certainly isnt on his twitter.