Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• I’d like Norwich youngster on loan 
  • Hopefully a LB, CB and a striker. That would really improve us and our depth.
  • edited January 2020
    My preference would be the Bristol striker and Maddison, I suspect, based on us allegedly pursuing a defender this window, the former and a defender. McGeady having been brought in rather than Maddison
    My preference would be Clarke-Harris / Davison swap deal - The latter joining Bristol Rovers on loan until summer 2021 with the option to recall him in both windows (the sort of transfer like what we saw with Jay Dasilva)... then players to come in as cover for Cullen and Purrington (yet more of a Wing-Back)

• Hope he's brought his charger down to 88% already 
    Again again and again 

3 more signings expected? 👀
  • edited January 2020
    Chunes said:
    Cawley also said we wouldn't be doing a deal last night. 

2 more would mean our squad is only +1 from where it was.
    But that squad was in the top 6 before injuries hit.

Most of them are all now back (obviously minus Leko/Gallagher)
    Tell that to Lee Bowyer, who wanted 5 players.

Plus there's no way they're all going to stay fit. Our record over seasons speaks for itself.

Editing this post because it sounds very negative. I'm well happy with McGeady and it's very sunny outside!
  • We won’t get Maddison now Hull have £14m in their pocket. Hopefully they don’t want Taylor as well.
  • Chunes said:

Disastrous luck with injuries aside though, I don’t think we had a small squad. 

Plus we have the emergence of Doughty who wasn’t part of the squad in September. 

If we bring in 2 today the quantity of the squad is fine. 
  • We won’t get Maddison now Hull have £14m in their pocket. Hopefully they don’t want Taylor as well.
    Thought that myself - With that much money would be easy to go after Taylor

Although would it suit Hull's style to have Magennis | Eaves | Taylor as their strikers

I know Lyle isnt just a targetman but its not a very mobile top three, just a case of lump it into the box
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah kinda refreshing. Can’t help think Bowyer and Gallen are a bit ‘hmmmm’ but whatever. 
  • Set my phone up for alerts from Charlton and MS on twitter and will be smashing F5 all day at work. 

• Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Plus there's no way they're all going to stay fit. Our record over seasons speaks for itself.

Editing this post because it sounds very negative. I'm well happy with McGeady and it's very sunny outside!
    Think those comments from Bowyer were very much out of frustration after the Preston game. If we get 3 in, keep Taylor and with Cullen and Field now back, he will be a happy little chappy.
    In the interview just yesterday he said we needed two players just to have the same amount we already had, and we were supposed to be strengthening the squad. He said the more players they can get the better.

So would he be a happy little chappy with +1? Unlikely.

I just prefer to go by what people say rather than anything else. I find it's more accurate.
    Thought that myself - With that much money would be easy to go after Taylor

Although would it suit Hull's style to have Magennis | Eaves | Taylor as their strikers

I know Lyle isnt just a targetman but its not a very mobile top three, just a case of lump it into the box
    I think Taylor’s mobility is one of his biggest strengths. His movement across opposition defenders rushes them into mistakes which takes a lot of defensive pressure off the midfield.
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

We have a current squad of 26, 25 if you count Page.

There's no way we need McGeady plus another 4.

I know they won't all stay fit, but surely Championship sides don't run 30 man squads?
  • Meltdowns from not signing anyone have been forgotten obviously..haha

They will be the best thing since sliced bread now.. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Think those comments from Bowyer were very much out of frustration after the Preston game. If we get 3 in, keep Taylor and with Cullen and Field now back, he will be a happy little chappy.
    In the interview just yesterday he said we needed two players just to have the same amount we already had, and we were supposed to be strengthening the squad. He said the more players they can get the better.

So would he be a happy little chappy with +1? Unlikely.

I just prefer to go by what people say rather than anything else. I find it's more accurate.
    Wonder if there are two players they're confident of getting to bring the squad back up - They'll probably keep working though just in case anyone becomes available at the last minute who can help the squad
  • Chunes said:

He might say we didn't given it was announced in the early hours. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Very Hmmmmm re the signing .I see him as on Bowyers C list ,but he was in the list so he can come in.

No idea who else we will bring in but strangely I feel Taylor will stay,although Hull are a threat.

• Greenie said:
    How refreshing is it to have a chairman like this......!
    what is he saying. cant have sound on at work right now. 
  • Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    With Timmy Abraham joining them it looks like he's on the way out.

Still can't believe someone named their kids Timmy and Tammy.
    Their Sister Tabby is a decent footballer too.
  • Greenie said:
    Buy some head phones!

Only joking, he basically said he's on his way to the training ground, only had 4 hours sleep, who do people think the next signing will be. Write in the comments and he'll pick a winner to get 2 free tickets for tomorrows game.
  • Maybe just a wild dream but could the big signature be on a new contract for Lyle?
    That would be a big signing 

Taylor on 2 year deal + 2-3 more, I'll take that all day long 
  • I think Lyle would have set his sights higher than Hull if he was to leave today 
  • Greenie said:
    Basically saying that he hopes we're all ready for the deadline day

Asks fans to retweet his post with a prediction of who our next signing will be... Correct winner will get two free tickets for the game tomorrow