Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Did we miss out on Docherty? If he passed his medical last night why wasn’t he announced too. Twitter saying he’s talking to Hibs today.
    You, sir, are adding 2 + 2 and making 5.
  • I don’t think a forward is coming, but also Taylor will stay.  

We’ve now got another tricky winger, along with the emergence of Doughty and Green, I think we are going full Karl Robinson (4-2-3-1) 

RW Green
    CAM Williams/Oztumer 
    LW Doughty/Mcgeady 
    CF Taylor/Bonne/Hemed

So if anything, another winger?!

We’ve now got another tricky winger, along with the emergence of Doughty and Green, I think we are going full Karl Robinson (4-2-3-1) 

RW Green
    CAM Williams/Oztumer 
    LW Doughty/Mcgeady 
    CF Taylor/Bonne/Hemed

Add Aneke in there too.

Think Doughty will be viewed more as a left back now, given Purrington's inconsistency and Page never being fit.

RW Green
    CAM Williams/Oztumer 
    LW Doughty/Mcgeady 
    CF Taylor/Bonne/Hemed

That system can work if you have mobile central midfielders and a striker that can anticipate play and make the ball stick.  My only defence of Karl is that Kashi had become a crab and Big Josh was pretty woeful.  
  • Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    With Timmy Abraham joining them it looks like he's on the way out.

Still can't believe someone named their kids Timmy and Tammy.
    Must like Australian biscuits 
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Nothing to worry about, keep the faith.

Pleased with the window so far as we have got Bows. Green a bonus. Judge them 31st December.
    10 lol. Shopping for pie ingredients yet? Probably not.

Have MORE faith.
  • Here we go 
  • I read the whole of yesterday’s messages on here , what a load of shit , I don’t think I can do it again today 
  • Happy with McGeady. His experience can only help. Not one for the long term but will help keep us up.
    Roll on more signings today.
  • Looks like Bows and we will be seeing some of what we have hoped for all window - signings! Fingers crossed at least one other, a striker before midday to give us another threat in tomorrow game vs Barnsley. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Signing McGeady would assume we could be shifting to a 4-2-3-1 formation more often. McGeady, Doughty, and Green all capable of playing wide, as is Williams.

We shall see, but certainly gives us that option to switch it up formation wise if we need to.
    I've been saying this for a few weeks. We have been targeting players who got that formation rather than a diamond. Not sure why the switch but trust bow.
  • Reckon Aneke is the loan player Rovers are after?
  • cabbles said:
    Valley11 said:
    Reckon Aneke is the loan player Rovers are after?
    I still think we need to give him a chance if he gets fit.  Granted, he hasn’t had the most auspicious of starts, but Bowyer and Gallen must’ve seen something in him they like 
    A loan to League 1 might get him fit and firing again. With no fault of his own, the injuries have meant he’s lost his way with us.