Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Greenie said:
    How refreshing is it to have a chairman like this......!
    what is he saying. cant have sound on at work right now. 
    Buy some head phones!

Only joking, he basically said he's on his way to the training ground, only had 4 hours sleep, who do people think the next signing will be. Write in the comments and he'll pick a winner to get 2 free tickets for tomorrows game.
    cheers. 
  • edited January 2020
    I know it's deadline day but I do wonder if HE being in the country has also got things moving, maybe he signs off on the deals
  • Matt isn't going to put hes reputation on the line with all the stuff he is saying

I don't think that super deal phone is JCH

I think we have someone completely under the radar lined up. 

JHC, loan signing, Big signing 

That's my prediction 
    Agreed, Ive thought all along that they will get the 'marquee' in under the radar. That should help a few mattresses dry out among certain fans over the weekend.
  • Greenie said:
    Matt isn't going to put hes reputation on the line with all the stuff he is saying

I don't think that super deal phone is JCH

I think we have someone completely under the radar lined up. 

JHC, loan signing, Big signing 

That's my prediction 
    Agreed, Ive thought all along that they will get the 'marquee' in under the radar. That should help a few mattresses dry out among certain fans over the weekend.
    depends on who the signing is, could be wet for different reasons. 

sorry to earlier for that! 
  • If McGeady is on £10k a week that we're paying it makes you wonder what the hell Maddison was asking for. I wonder if people would still be complaining about us not going 'all out' for Maddison if he wanted £30k+ a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• I really think people need to manage expectations with the whole marquee thing. Obviously I would love to be wrong, but I can't see us getting someone we don't already know about. 
  • edited January 2020
    The announcement of McGeady's signing on the OS reads DONE DEAL l . Is the last character meant to be an exclamation mark or a figure one.
     If the latter, then it indicates more to come today. Roll on DONE DEALS 2, 3, 4.
    Or am I just clutching at straws?
  • Greenie said:
    How refreshing is it to have a chairman like this......!
    Totally agree
  • Just read that maddison to hull is a loan to end of season with a view to perm. Paying a loan fee to the posh.
  • @Chris_from_Sidcup And what about what he said yesterday?
  • Hull City have agreed a deal to sign Peterborough United winger Marcus Maddison ahead of tonight’s transfer deadline.

On a day that both Kamil Grosicki and Jarrod Bowen are due to conclude moves away from the KCOM Stadium, City have responded with a swoop for Maddison.

The 26-year-old is due at City’s Cottingham training ground this morning after an agreement was stuck with Peterborough last night.

Maddison is expected to join the Tigers on loan until the end of the season, with a view to completing a permanent transfer as a free agent this summer. Posh will receive a substantial loan fee in return for the playmaker.

• Silly move from them if Maddison plays well anyone can come and sign him at the end of the season. Hopefully we will be back in for him then.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think too much emphasis is being put on Bowyer's comment that he wanted 5 new signings. Said at a time when he was massively pissed off having just lost Gallagher and we still had a lot of players out injured.

People forget that before the squad was decimated we were a play off chasing side and if that was still the case you'd say we needed 1, perhaps 2 new signings to freshen things up.

Now apart from Page, Lapslie and Bonne i think all our players are either fit or back in training.

We have:

Phillips, Amos

Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr, Deji, Solly, Matthews, Purrington, Doughty

Cullen, Pratley, Field, Oztumer, Williams, Morgan, JFC, Aneke, Green, McGeady

Taylor, Bonne, Hemed, Davison

I don't think that squad needs a lot extra to stay up. For me another CB and a striker would do.
    I think we definitely need another CM. Gallagher is a huge loss and we haven't replaced him. I think we will get Docherty, whether he's good enough is another matter. 

Anything else is a bonus. Not massively fussed on another striker as long as Taylor stays. With Green and McGeady we have other attacking options but playing something like 433 or 4231 is achievable. 

We don't need a CB in terms of numbers, but I would have liked to have spent a bit on one. 
  • 3 more to be brought in today, apparently.
    where is that from? 
  • Dannoo_86 said:
    Silly move from them if Maddison plays well anyone can come and sign him at the end of the season. Hopefully we will be back in for him then.
    I'd assume they would insert a clause in the loan deal whereby they have the right to make it permanent, and only if they decide against it can other clubs then come in for him.
  • Dannoo_86 said:
    Silly move from them if Maddison plays well anyone can come and sign him at the end of the season. Hopefully we will be back in for him then.
    I'd assume they would insert a clause in the loan deal whereby they have the right to make it permanent, and only if they decide against it can other clubs then come in for him.
    Be curious if there is a Clause that allows Maddison to talk with other clubs if a perm deal isnt agreed within a certain timeframe - Unless of course that agreement is already in place and only Hull can say no now
  • 3 more to be brought in today, apparently.
    Possibly even 4.