Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Not sure if anyone has posted this but do we think it’s a goer? Be pissed if it happens.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-brentford-talks-over-3m-deal-for-lyle-taylor
  • Not sure if anyone has posted this but do we think it’s a goer? Be pissed if it happens.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-brentford-talks-over-3m-deal-for-lyle-taylor
      If Southall wants to seriously fall out with Bowyer then yes, it's a goer.

Was posted earlier AUN. Team Talk is basically run by a kid. 

I can’t see it. Not for £3m anyway. 

Was posted earlier AUN. Team Talk is basically run by a kid. 

I’ll relax a bit then VG. Ta.
  • I was sceptical but I now don’t think they’ll sell Taylor: 
  • I honestly belive it's up to Lyle (we all know it actually isn't) at least not till the summer. However I feel if he looks LB and MS in the eyes and says look I want to go that will be it and they won't stand in his way. I hate to say sometimes football is about more than just what the fans want to see. 
  • edited January 2020
    CH4RLTON said:
    I honestly belive it's up to Lyle (we all know it actually isn't) at least not till the summer. However I feel if he looks LB and MS in the eyes and says look I want to go that will be it and they won't stand in his way. I hate to say sometimes football is about more than just what the fans want to see. 
      I have a feeling we can afford (financially) to let him rot in the reserves for 6 months if he so chooses and I hope that sways his thought process.
  • Am "working from home today". Hoping  for a big one. 

Am out tonight though so knowing me I'll miss all the action.
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    I honestly belive it's up to Lyle (we all know it actually isn't) at least not till the summer. However I feel if he looks LB and MS in the eyes and says look I want to go that will be it and they won't stand in his way. I hate to say sometimes football is about more than just what the fans want to see. 
      I have a feeling we can afford (financially) to let him rot in the reserves for 6 months if he so chooses and I hope that sways his thought process.
    That serves no ones interest though... Would be different if Lyle's contract wasnt up in the summer
  • CH4RLTON said:
    The smart thing would be to offer him a 6 month contract on what Brentford are offering him. Cheaper and less risky than any other possibility.
  • Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    With Timmy Abraham joining them it looks like he's on the way out.

Still can't believe someone named their kids Timmy and Tammy.
    Kevin and Jason actually, their full names are

Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham

Jason Timiebi Ogheneobrucheme Bakumo-Abraham

Did you know that from memory? 
  • Southbank said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    The smart thing would be to offer him a 6 month contract on what Brentford are offering him. Cheaper and less risky than any other possibility.
    The smart thing to do is offer him an 2 and a half year deal, on what Brentford are offering but with a release clause that is valid for the 1st 14 days of every window. 
  • Chunes said:
    Cawley also said we wouldn't be doing a deal last night. 

2 more would mean our squad is only +1 from where it was.
    I’d take that right now tbh 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Southbank said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    The smart thing to do is offer him an 2 and a half year deal, on what Brentford are offering but with a release clause that is valid for the 29th February every odd year. 

• Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    The smart thing would be to just say no unless its closer to 10 mil 
  • Keep Lyle and get two more in an ill be happy. 
    Me too 
  • stonemuse said:
    Keep Lyle and get two more in an ill be happy. 
    Me too 
    Me three 
  • Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    With Timmy Abraham joining them it looks like he's on the way out.

Still can't believe someone named their kids Timmy and Tammy.
    Kevin and Jason actually, their full names are

Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham

Jason Timiebi Ogheneobrucheme Bakumo-Abraham

Did you know that from memory? 
    Yeah, why not.
  • Matt Southall is either uber confident, or just smacked off his tits on Hoola Hoops. 
    Both by now I imagine
  • My preference would be the Bristol striker and Maddison, I suspect, based on us allegedly pursuing a defender this window, the former and a defender. McGeady having been brought in rather than Maddison
  • Chunes said:
    Cawley also said we wouldn't be doing a deal last night. 

2 more would mean our squad is only +1 from where it was.
    But that squad was in the top 6 before injuries hit.

Most of them are all now back (obviously minus Leko/Gallagher)