Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Would like us to go for Tyler Walker on loan from Forest if they're not planning on using him. They recalled him from Lincoln earlier on.
    That was a good spot, CEJ.

22 goals for Mansfield last year, 14 for Lincoln this half season.

Blimey, I sound like Bexley Boy. 

• edited January 2020
    McGeady displayed a shocking attitude at Sunderland in the Netflix series, openly disrespectful to the manager after a loss on camera.

Given we seem to have no cash then he's better than promoting another 17 year old from the youth team but it's very underwhelming.

That being said, his absence at Wembley was a crucial factor in us winning the game.
  • Chrispy51 said:
    sammy391 said:
    Bowyer and Gallen seen tonight In eltham restaurant’s... 
    Bowyer and Gallen seen tonight in Eltham restaurant’s what? 
    Looking for the proof in the pudding, presumably...
  • edited January 2020

• Oggy Red said:
    Dizzle said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dizzle said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dizzle said:
    I’m good think McGeady signing, but what happened to young with potential sell on value? Or is that for defenders only? 
    It's for the rest of this season only.

The sell on value comment was to Pogba though, who I was training with us. I would imagine that would have been a short term deal also. Although I accept not a loan deal but still. Who knows. 
    Pogba was never a target, we've been told.

Just here to join in a few days training as a favour ....... we reckon, because Pogba is a mate of Naby's.

Well in that case, apologies. I must have missed that. 👍🏼
    No need to apologise, Dizzle. Just buy me a pint.  :smile:

I was highly offended Dizzle. Buy me a pint as well please. 
    Could I say that I was also offended? Heineken please.
  • If possible please delete my above post, quote system haunting me yet again

Noise from a rangers blogger of some sorts with a big following is saying Docherty is off to Hibs, other Rangers fans are saying it's part of a softner for a player Rangers are getting from Hibs 
  • McGeady displayed a shocking attitude at Sunderland in the Netflix series, openly disrespectful to the manager after a loss on camera.

Given we seem to have no cash then he's better than promoting another 17 year old from the youth team but it's very underwhelming.

That being said, his absence at Wembley was a crucial factor in us winning the game.
    He’d have some bottle if he tried that with Bowyer: I’d buy tickets for the dressing room or tai I v session after that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Naki Wells announced By Bristol. City 
    Essentially a swap deal as Brownhill gone to Burnley.
    Sky saying Burnley have paid £7m for Brownhill so I doubt it.
  • I'm still in the "wish they'd got some players in earlier but will judge the window on 1 February" camp.
    #metoo. 
  • FWIW my guesses for tomorrow are......

McGeady in in loan

Was also going to say Docherty on loan too but just the post about him going to Hibs instead, so who knows.

No Maddison as he'll be off to Hull to replace the outgoing Bowen.

JCH will only come in if Taylor goes. We wont be playing both together & the fee for Taylor will pay for JCH.

Maybe the striker on on loan from Forest.....perhaps he's one of the "favours" that LB was talking about, seeing as they only just recalled him today. 

That's about it. Maybe Parrett (but then QPR now need a striker) or the lad from Norwich.
  • Sage said:
    Also, just thinking about it, if McGeady is to sign, he’ll know Williams from being at Sunderland together. That would help him settle for a little while.

Anyway, looking forward to this time tomorrow when it’s practically over.
    Will also know Matthews.

Very good point, admittedly forgot Matthews was there too.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Would like us to go for Tyler Walker on loan from Forest if they're not planning on using him. They recalled him from Lincoln earlier on.

Oi - I mentioned him in the summer window and last week. Looks a real talent
  • Swisdom said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Would like us to go for Tyler Walker on loan from Forest if they're not planning on using him. They recalled him from Lincoln earlier on.

Oi - I mentioned him in the summer window and last week. Looks a real talent
    Sorry, Sage ...... there's 8,500 comments on this thread. I can't believe I missed yours. :smile:

• Sage said:
    Bristol City paid between £5-6mil for Wells, hence saying it’s essentially a swap deal, very little money difference involved. 
  • edited January 2020
    Tyler Walker has been called back to Forest to be part of their squad for the remainder of the season. Highly unlikely he’ll join another club. News from Forest is that he is to be back up to Grabban.
  • Well as omens go here’s a good one. Inherited an American fridge freezer and the chilled water has t been working for over a month, it froze up. 

So rather then defrosting the whole thing I just turned freezer temperature down (as instructed 2 weeks ago by the internet).

No joy until 11.30 this evening when I tried again and joy of joys the freeze had ended and the cold tasty water was free flowing.

If we get bodies (alive and fit ones) in tomorrow you can all thank me for getting the right omens in just in time 😁.

Maybe I’ll go to bed now. 
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Bristol City paid between £5-6mil for Wells, hence saying it’s essentially a swap deal, very little money difference involved. 
    Josh Brownhills move is £9M with Wells being £5M so there is a £4M difference 
  • Sponsored links:

• McGeady is fine if it’s on loan, wouldn’t want him on a perm personally.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Josh Brownhills move is £9M with Wells being £5M so there is a £4M difference 
    Lots of different media outlets saying different prices for Brownhill. Either way, fair enough. I assume the difference is what will be paid though rather than the two figures for each player. 
  • Aiden mcgeady signed
  • Just about to go bed as well, what a touch. Thank you Mr Southall, never in doubt 
  • There you, go 

Deadline day underway 
  • It’s gonna be a good day. Never in doubt.