Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    IR94 said:
    Mcgeady hardly is a statement of intent if his ESI first signing, shafted by a L1 team and nearly 34
    Could say the same about Adam Matthews and Jonny Williams...

First we take their place in the Championship - then we take their players :)
  • No issues with McGeady, thought he looked a threat against us and was glad we didn't have to deal with him for too long, felt he had the same presence/impact for Sunderland as Williams did us. We could do a lot worse than having those two running the channels looking for a goal, but we need more than him obviously
  • Would be surprised if we went for a highly paid 33-year-old with as terrible a disciplinary record as McGeady’s. His makes Bowyer look calm. Hang on...
  • edited January 2020
    McGeady is meant to be on 16k a week at Sunderland (not the 30k as quoted on here). I presume it’ll be a loan but not sure.
    Sunderland wanted someone to take him on loan and pay 10k a week of that, so maybe only costing Charlton around £160k plus a few add-ons for a loan until the end of the season.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Would be surprised if we went for a highly paid 33-year-old with as terrible a disciplinary record as McGeady’s. His makes Bowyer look calm. Hang on...
    He'd team up brilliantly with Twatt.
  • Sponsored links:

•  Maynard Brewer to Dover. Must mean we have a new keeper joining.
  • TEL said:
     Maynard Brewer to Dover. Must mean we have a new keeper joining.
    Amos is back
  • Sage said:
    Signing McGeady would assume we could be shifting to a 4-2-3-1 formation more often. McGeady, Doughty, and Green all capable of playing wide, as is Williams.

We shall see, but certainly gives us that option to switch it up formation wise if we need to.
    Mmm, I hope we can play two up front still after the window shuts. 
  • MS quaffs a luke warm 7-up and chuckles to himself... "This chairman stuff?  I've shit it!"
  • TEL said:
     Maynard Brewer to Dover. Must mean we have a new keeper joining.
    No, think it means Amos is fit.
  • Sage said:
    Signing McGeady would assume we could be shifting to a 4-2-3-1 formation more often. McGeady, Doughty, and Green all capable of playing wide, as is Williams.

We shall see, but certainly gives us that option to switch it up formation wise if we need to.
    Mmm, I hope we can play two up front still after the window shuts. 
    Course... Hemed and Clarke-Harris ;)
  • McGeady would be a great short term signing
  • Sponsored links:

• With Maddison likely to be off to Hull, McGeady is a decent alternative.
  • Has everyone put the plastic sheets away or are they still on standby?
  • Just chatting to a Mackam mate, he said they've been playing a lot better now the team isn't built around him. He also mentioned that he has been disruptive to the younger players. Hopefully Bows can give him a kick up the arse.
  • McGeady would mean Morrison’s a def no no now, agreed?
     I'd think so.
  • Hope he was speaking to him on his deal phone and not super deal phone
  • McGeady would mean Morrison’s a def no no now, agreed?
    I'm still hopeful.

Apparently Hibs have also shown an interest in McGeady.
  • If you think of McGeady as a Kayal replacement then it makes sense. Kayal must’ve been on good wages too. Hopefully McGeady would play more minutes than Kayal.
  • McGeady, Docherty, not filling me with confidence at all