Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• But I got another mention in a Grapevine post which is officially worth five promotes.
  • But have to say disappointed with Matt Southall's food tweet.

Football snacks are beer and peanuts.

Sort it our, Macca.
  • Southbank said:
    Is there really anybody here who thinks we will be better off over the next 4 months without Taylor?  Whatever we may get for him?
    If Southall sells Taylor and we get relegated, how many years will it take him to get his reputation back? How many fewer people will buy another season ticket in League 1 if they think it is due to selling Taylor? Whatever we may get for him now will be nothing compared to the loss if reputation and revenue if we get relegated 

Agreed but it hasnt happened yet . HE is on his way over - he won’t want to fly into a PR Disaster. 

The only way it will happen if Lyle backs the club into a corner - if that happens there isn’t much of a way back. He may be better off hanging on and taking that 3-5 mil as a signing on fee in the summer 
    The club could match any wage offer made to Taylor now for the next 5 months and still be way better off than selling him and buying an untested replacement.
  • Don’t think I can take another day of this I’m running out of nappies!
  • Everybody's happy nowadays
    I'm Appy  :)
    No I’m Appy! B)
    Long live Appy  B)
  • Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    Is there really anybody here who thinks we will be better off over the next 4 months without Taylor?  Whatever we may get for him?
    If Southall sells Taylor and we get relegated, how many years will it take him to get his reputation back? How many fewer people will buy another season ticket in League 1 if they think it is due to selling Taylor? Whatever we may get for him now will be nothing compared to the loss if reputation and revenue if we get relegated 

Agreed but it hasnt happened yet . HE is on his way over - he won’t want to fly into a PR Disaster. 

The only way it will happen if Lyle backs the club into a corner - if that happens there isn’t much of a way back. He may be better off hanging on and taking that 3-5 mil as a signing on fee in the summer 
    The club could match any wage offer made to Taylor now for the next 5 months and still be way better off than selling him and buying an untested replacement.
    That’s fine if it’s just money - if a prem club comes in  or one of the ones at the very top of the championship then that may a reason to turn his head .

i agree i think they will pull out all of the stops short term to keep him . 
  • Relax.
    Have heard that one of the reasons Tahnoon Nimer got into football is because he absolutely loves transfer deadline day and Jim White.

He's got a war chest of £millions set aside to spend on the last day and he will be watching in his office with anticipation wearing his yellow gown and head dress as Jimbo wets his knickers each time we get a big signing through the door.
      Chill yer beans people.
    ..THIS IS HAPPENING!

• edited January 2020
    Thommo said:
    I would hate to lose Lyle, but £3m for a player with so little time left on his contract would actually be good money.
    IF we were going to sell Lyle in this window and it would be crazy in my opinion then we had to do it after the Fulham game for say 3 million and then we had time to spend about 1 million on Clarke-Harris and up the offer on Maddison or another Midfielder who can score Goals as well. IF we sell our top player on deadline day it is history repeating itself, I don't believe Matt Southall can be that inept ?

• Sponsored links:

• It's bloody Teamtalk !!!!  Probably the worst ever source for rumors anywhere . Nearly everything they post is made up.  Calm Down
    Hadn't even heard of them until today
  • So Lyle's going to Brentford and Matt's bought a load of crisps. Why's everyone suddenly so giddy?
  • It's bloody Teamtalk !!!!  Probably the worst ever source for rumors anywhere . Nearly everything they post is made up.  Calm Down
    It’s between them and TransferCentre9 on twitter. I don’t know how that kid is still going after 4-5 years. I don’t think they’ve ever nailed a transfer deal on there in all that time.
  • This thread is unbelievable. The sense of entitlement that some of our fans display is utterly cringe worthy.

If anyone genuinely believes that we are in a worse position now than we were under Roland then you need to take a long hard look at yourselves.

I have no idea what our budget is now and only know from snippets on here what it previously was.

MS has made no secret of the fact that this is a long term project, teams in the Championship are now being found out in relation to flouting FFP. Do people honestly think with our current revenue streams that it is credible for us to go and splash 3/4/5 million on players and God knows what else on wages? I don't profess to know the intricacies of FFP but I have seen the threat of points deductions. Do we  want to risk that.

ESI are taking over years of mis-management and negligence and there is no way they can fix all of that in the 4/5 weeks they have actually owned the club.

People keep banding "disaster" round in respect of relegation. Why? We have been relegated before and will be again. If we go down this year it will be largely down to a horrific injury list and paltry squad Roland provided at the start of the season.

I have no idea whether ESI will be a long term success, I sincerely hope they are. If we only get a couple of loans in between now and the end of the window I certainly won't be spitting my dummy out and branding them failures.

Any change takes time, change that is undoing utter incompetency over a number of years will take even longer. It won't happen overnight.

As an aside, people.saying they have no money. Isn't part of the EFL test proof of funds? They may not have shelled out for all the fixtures and fittings yet, but they have a legal obligation to do so within a set time frame. I am guessing that they would have had to prove that they had the funding to do that.

We need to accept that the new owners are running a business and not going to come in an burn money to appease a disenfranchised fanbase.

Give them a chance, you never know in 2/3 years time we may be back up and challenging for promotion.
    Someone with a clear head and a logical outlook, thankyou Clem.
  • Scoham said:
    *awaits issue with medical*
    In our case that means we turn down players without a history of season ending injuries.
    Lose £5m and play Accrington twice a year. 

Terrible move. 
  • Thommo said:
    I would hate to lose Lyle, but £3m for a player with so little time left on his contract would actually be good money.
    IF we were going to sell Lyle in this window and it would be crazy in my opinion then we had to do it after the Fulham game for say 3 million and then we had time to spend about 1 million on Clarke-Harris and up the offer on Maddison or another Midfielder who can score Goals as well. IF we sell our top player on deadline day it is history repeating itself, I don't believe Matt Southall can be that inept.

Too right. I’m confident ESI won’t have their heads turn by a few £million.

10 and maybe were are talking, but even then we’d all be pissed off.

If they’re as good as their word then Lyle is going nowhere.
    Why would they tarnish their reputation before its even started?
    If he sulks off into the reserves then that’s on him. Not them.

Lyle son. You’re going nowhere.
  • Scoham said:
    *awaits issue with medical*
    In our case that means we turn down players without a history of season ending injuries.
    Lose £5m and play Accrington twice a year. 

Terrible move. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Told he was loaded.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Sage said:

Told he was loaded.
    That’s his personal stash 
  • Hang on a minute. That’s £3m for effectively keeping Taylor till the end of the season, which is about 17/18 weeks (contracts usually end in June). So that’s around £170k a week, we could loan Mbappe for that!

I think Taylor might be in the same situation as Maddison, why move now when you could get a nice fat signing on fee in Summer.

Taylor might actually want to stay.
    Bit like Ricky Holmes though, joins Brentford now and can be a Premier League player in the summer

Stays with us (where Brentford go up) and they may not want him and his only option is to go to another Championship team
  • Major said:
    Anyone else start on the last page and work backwards for a bit?
    Oh yes. 

Only popped out for some milk and already 200 posts behind! 
  • edited January 2020
    Hang on a minute. That’s £3m for effectively keeping Taylor till the end of the season, which is about 17/18 weeks (contracts usually end in June). So that’s around £170k a week, we could loan Mbappe for that!

I think Taylor might be in the same situation as Maddison, why move now when you could get a nice fat signing on fee in the Summer.

Taylor might actually want to stay, for now.
    Lee said he had a chat with Lyle this week,
    I would be drumming that into his head that not only can he walk away in the summer, but he can get a move to one of the teams promoted this season if he can play at the top of his game and get his dream of playing in the Premier ( may only be for one year in prem but he will get his 25-30k two year deal) 
  • Hang on a minute. That’s £3m for effectively keeping Taylor till the end of the season, which is about 17/18 weeks (contracts usually end in June). So that’s around £170k a week, we could loan Mbappe for that!

I think Taylor might be in the same situation as Maddison, why move now when you could get a nice fat signing on fee in Summer.

Bit like Ricky Holmes though, joins Brentford now and can be a Premier League player in the summer

Stays with us (where Brentford go up) and they may not want him and his only option is to go to another Championship team
    How did that work for Ricky ? 

How did that work for Ricky ? 
    So your saying its going to work out like for every player?
  • I’m sorry but what adult drinks 7Up?