Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Ok this doesn't directly effect us nor is it a rumour for us but thought well worth a share.

AC Milan bidding 10 million for a Wigan defender. If that actually pays off expect them to make some signings before the window closes 
    Always knew he was the next Zambrotta
  • edited January 2020
    Swisdom said:
     McGeady is in on loan apparently. Not a fan personslly

posting without reading g for a bit so sorry if I’m late to the party 
    From Wiki:  "Following speculation regarding his future at the club due to off field incidents, manager Phil Parkinson announced on 12 December 2019 that he had told McGeady that he has no future at the club due to alleged negative influence on the dressing room and was told to train away from the team."
  • Matt after the transfer window slams shut:

What I want to know is what you searched in google to get that picture?! 😂😂
    Maybe it's a selfie
  • Where you hear McGeady Swisdom?

Or is that Twitter talk?
  • Matt after the transfer window slams shut:

What I want to know is what you searched in google to get that picture?! 😂😂
    Maybe it's a selfie
    I was doing so well with my new year's resolutions until I started reading this thread :(

Or is that Twitter talk?
    I’ve heard McGeady is done, so maybe what the train tweet was in reference too.

Or is that Twitter talk?
    Isnt Swisdom one you can usually trust as having inside information?

I thought he was the one who called the takeover happening when it finally did
  • Sponsored links:

• McGeady is okay but hardly inspiring. Feels like someone who’s on the decline rather than what we should be aiming for.
  • Not particularly happy with McGeady. We need CB, CM and CF, wide players not really the issue.
  • Is McGeady a loan or permanent?
  • Mcgeady will give us the option to play with wingers, him and Green on the wings with Williams in behind Taylor
  • edited January 2020
    Remember "he used to be shite..but now he's alright"? 

Never too late for a comeback.
  • Poor ol' Pogba, if we sign Mcgeady he'll know for sure that he was bullshitted. 
  • Mcgeady will give us the option to play with wingers, him and Green on the wings with Williams in behind Taylor
    Can he not play the role at the top of the diamond? - Thought he was a bit like that
  • CAFCOlly said:
    Happy Meal with McGeady. 

• McGeady is quality. His experience will be invaluable 

• Sponsored links:

• Where has the mcgeady stuff come from?
    Can he not play the role at the top of the diamond? - Thought he was a bit like that
    Yeah he can play in behind but just saying he gives us another option
  • Starting to be whelmed 
  • Mcgeady hardly is a statement of intent if his ESI first signing, shafted by a L1 team and nearly 34
  • Where has the mcgeady stuff come from?
    @Swisdom - Usually a genuine ITK
  • McGeady is meant to be on 16k a week at Sunderland (not the 30k as quoted on here). I presume it’ll be a loan but not sure.
  • edited January 2020
    IR94 said:
    Mcgeady hardly is a statement of intent if his ESI first signing, shafted by a L1 team and nearly 34
    He just fell out with Parkinson. Doesn’t mean much. Bowyer fell out with Fosu and now he’s on his way to the 5th best team in the league.
  • IR94 said:
    Mcgeady hardly is a statement of intent if his ESI first signing, shafted by a L1 team and nearly 34
    No. He isn't a statement of intent, I think that's a fair comment.

He is a footballer though.
  • Experienced player with a good pedigree I'm happy with McGeady even if only for the rest of the season. We need good seasoned pros rather than even more youngsters in addition to our own