Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• McGeady would mean Morrison’s a def no no now, agreed?
     I'd think so.
    Good, I don't want a player that we build the team around and is a disruptive influence.... 
    Oh
  • McGeady might have an outside chance of getting into the Irish squad for the Euro play offs. But he has to play and he’s not getting much game time at a Sunderland so...
  • Not overly whelmed by McGeady, but proof will be in the pudding. Wonder if that was on Matt’s deal or the super deal phone? 
  • sam3110 said:
    McGeady, Docherty, not filling me with confidence at all
    We need bodies though to take the pressure off younger players that shouldn't have to plug the gaps during injury crises. We have seen how good our first 11 is when fit and firing.

I haven't followed every word Bowyer's been saying but think he said he wants 'bodies', and the two named meet that criterion in the guise of footballers. We are getting what we need on that basis.
  • Wonder if that was on Matt’s deal or the super deal phone? 

• Super deal would be something like JCH or Maddison. I think we will get JCH. We are just about 24 hours away from finding out, at least we know it won't be boring now
  • In December Parkinson banned McGeady and told him to train on his own because, he said, he was a negative influence on the dressing room.
  • Not overly whelmed by McGeady, but proof will be in the pudding.
    No. It won't.
  • I like McGeady but 33? Bit of a gamble
  • Sponsored links:

• Maddison and JCH, a CB on loan and these 2, and I'd say it's pretty good business. Problem is it's looking more likely that these 2 will be the only incomings and we might still sell Taylor
  • Not overly whelmed by McGeady, but proof will be in the pudding.
    No. It won't.
    He’s right. I’ve yet to find proof in any of my puddings.
  • Nadou said:
    In December Parkinson banned McGeady and told him to train on his own because, he said, he was a negative influence on the dressing room.
      Probably called Parky out as being a shit manager.
  • Super deal would be something like JCH or Maddison. I think we will get JCH. We are just about 24 hours away from finding out, at least we know it won't be boring now
    I’d never heard of JCH until yesterday. Does he really count as a “Super Deal”?
  • It will be goals that keep us up. 

• McGeady has played 21 games this season for Sunderland, scoring 6 times.

• Will he be fit enough to add to the matchday squad though? ..... hasn't played for 6 weeks.

Another one for 30 minutes off the bench.

• edited January 2020
    Uboat said:
    It will be goals that keep us up. 
    You've certainly got the hang of this football malarkey.
    There you go Mr Bowyer, that's what those big net things are for. No stopping us now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Looks like he’s got a kids party planned. 
    To welcome our under 14s starting against Barnsley!

Seriously though surely he must know something to be posting stuff like that.

As  @PaddyP17 says got to deliver if punting out stuff like that.

Fan engagement and milking the contrived sky sports transfer deadline day drama machine is all good and well if we bag some adequate signings and retain a squad permitting us to compete the remainder of the season...a very risky and naive strategy if there's no substance behind it.

Still feel optimistic at this late stage, perhaps my own naivety and overwhelming desire for us to have turned a corner after nigh a decade of being kicked in the proverbials by successive Charlton ownership but the next 29 hours will signal whether or not that optimism is misplaced.

Buckling up for tomorrow.

Never simple at Charlton!
    Just wondering if Matts been out shopping with Tracey Leaburn, a la Leko!
  • Reading the Bristol Live blog it appears Bristol Rovers will ask for more money but will let him leave if their valuation is met. 
  • edited January 2020
    Reading the Bristol Live blog it appears Bristol Rovers will ask for more money but will let him leave if their valuation is met. 
    Yep, sounds like 2 mill is their demand. I can't make my mind up about the fee. Bit bizarre really as if we got him for 1.5 I would say bargain, 2 just seems like a lot which for me defies my own logic. Isn't my money at the end of the day but he definitely improves us 
  • Naki Wells announced By Bristol. City 
  • Perm 3.5 years undisclosed fee
  • Rossman92 said:
    Age is not an argument, especially as its only until the end of the season. Pratley will be 35 in April 
    Selective choosing that, Pratley is a machine. McGeady has had a fair amount of injury problems in the past. I think it’s an exciting signing, but a gamble yes imo