Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• A name I know rather than a player I know a lot about.  Bowyer and Gallen happy and therefore I am too.  Welcome Aiden.

Like the sound of  the Bristol Rovers lad upfront, hope we can get him too.
  • Who'd have thought CAFC would go for the glory of the first official signing on transfer deadline day? Just want to be on the Sky ticker in the morning!

Now that wouldn't have happened under Roland.
  • Either we will all enjoy a cracking deadline day or our new Chairman will be heading for a credibility car crash.
  • Swisdom said:
    Rossman92 said:
    3am and fuck-all else has happened
    Go change your sheets then
  • I can't take another 18 hours of this..
  • Swisdom said:
    Rossman92 said:
    3am and fuck-all else has happened

(just kidding - 43 year old bladder means I rarely get through the night without needing a pee)

im enjoying Southall’s chirpy demeanour for this deadline day
    Remember that I'm American mate. 3AM for me is 9AM for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Was feeling pessimistic yesterday, but the signing of McGeady combined with southalls chirpiness on twitter have got me feeling confident.  Can see another 2 or 3 coming in today 

Strap yourselves in folks 
  • Should be interesting.
  • edited January 2020
    If Docherty is coming down from Rangers, is it logical that Taylor may be going in the opposite direction? Seems that Bristol City are no longer in need of a striker so it just leaves Brentford and Rangers as the other 2 known interested parties.

It will be interesting to see if Lyle is present at today’s training session. I suspect not but sincerely hope he is.
  • edited January 2020
    Well I’m gutted. Woke up about an ago and checked my phone to see the time, saw a Twitter notification that we had signed McGeady. Went back to sleep and dreamt we had signed 5 in total and loaned out Aneke, all done by about 4:48am.

Oh well. McGeady’s a good start. We need more goals, creativity and technical ability in the midfield. Hoping we’ll bring in at least two more.
  • Must be at least one more to be announced as last night Southall said 'medicals' implying more than one signing was close. McGeady was obviously one of them.

Perhaps Doherty and JCH?
  • I think signing McGeady is pretty much confirmation that we will not be getting Maddison.
    Pretty certain he'll go to Hull to replace Bowen.
  • I think signing McGeady is pretty much confirmation that we will not be getting Maddison.
    I’m not too disappointed with that. Something doesn’t sit right with me about Maddison. 
  • edited January 2020
    I think signing McGeady is pretty much confirmation that we will not be getting Maddison.
    I’m not too disappointed with that. Something doesn’t sit right with me about Maddison. 
    I feel the same about McGeady to be honest mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like a few lined up today 
  • Southall loves twitter more than the Peterborough owner!
  • edited January 2020
    I think signing McGeady is pretty much confirmation that we will not be getting Maddison.
    I feel the same about McGeady to be honest mate.
    You will feel differently after he has banged in  the winner on Saturday from 25 yards.

in reality,  he will probably go off injured after 15 mins.
  • Maybe the ‘strange’ thing Bowyer was talking about was we’re gonna do fuck all for the whole transfer window and then sign 5 players on deadline day just to make it interesting
    Thing is, in the January transfer window, that is not that strange. 
  • Did we miss out on Docherty? If he passed his medical last night why wasn’t he announced too. Twitter saying he’s talking to Hibs today.