Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• We'll probably have a deal set up with the hotel so everything that gets placed under "Charlton" is then charged in a monthly payment

• It's deadline day alright!

• sam3110 said:
    Adam Wilson, left midfielder who can play left back too, was out injured for nigh on a year and never played for Newcastle first team. 
    Sounds like we are getting Lewis Page a friend
    1 injury doesn't make him injury prone. Page has his friends in Oztumer and Aneke. 
  • Must be at least one more to be announced as last night Southall said 'medicals' implying more than one signing was close. McGeady was obviously one of them.

Perhaps Doherty and JCH?
    Docherty signed last night as well.
    I'm confident of that.
    Why hasn’t it been announced then?
  • 2 free tickets for a game where you can already get free tickets. That’s very generous of you Matt!  ;)
    Just carry on moaning...
  • edited January 2020
    Adam Wilson seems to random for someone to make up. Plus think Bowyer and Bruce are friends / on good terms  from what was said after Jed Steer was loaned to us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• maddison - will prove to be a bad move i think 

attitude on the fella and genuinely dont rate him that highly - if he was that good pboro would be pleading him to stay not have the manager callling him out regularly. 
    They did want him to stay, offered him a new deal but he wasn't going to sign so they're taking what they can now before they lose him for nothing in the summer.

Their owner referred to Maddison as 'magic man' so he was definitely highly rated.

• Shrewsbury hoping to get him back?? 
  • ads said:

Who else is booked in?  Anything on a an L Messy?
    Interesting....I overheard someone in the lounge at the Fulham game saying there was a Newcastle player in the lounge...didn't recognise anyone.

• Must be at least one more to be announced as last night Southall said 'medicals' implying more than one signing was close. McGeady was obviously one of them.

Perhaps Doherty and JCH?
    Docherty signed last night as well.
    I'm confident of that.
    Why hasn’t it been announced then?
    Because just like "Strictly" and "SPOTY" Matt Southall is spacing out announcing the signings to add to the suspense. Pure showbusiness but we needed that after the drab Duchatelet years.
  • redbuttle said:
    2 free tickets for a game where you can already get free tickets. That’s very generous of you Matt!  ;)
    Just carry on moaning...
    Whose moaning? It was a joke FFS.
    A classic whoooosh to redbuttle  B)
  • sam3110 said:
    Adam Wilson, left midfielder who can play left back too, was out injured for nigh on a year and never played for Newcastle first team. 
    Newcastle's own website says he's a winger/striker.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/teams/under-23s/adam-wilson/

"He first trained with the Academy in 2010, and made two starts for the under-18s last term before putting pen to paper on a two-year scholarship.

Adam – who has represented England at Under-18 level – previously turned out for Newcastle City Juniors as a schoolboy.

Adam is a creative and skilful player who was part of the team that won the under-15 Montereau Confluences Tournament in France in April 2017.

The winger made his under-23s debut against Hartlepool at the age of 16 before making his England under-18 debut on 21 March 2018 in a 4-0 win over Qatar at St. George's Park."

• Just heard from a Dunfirmline supporter (yes, there is one in Hong Kong) that they were after Docherty but he was insisting on a move to London.
  • Why do they refer to themselves as Salop? Always makes me think of the French word salope which is "bitch" 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Sounds like we are getting Lewis Page a friend
    1 injury doesn't make him injury prone. Page has his friends in Oztumer and Aneke. 
    Was only joshing, no idea who he is...
  • I don’t know anything about Maddison, but Jarrod Bowen is leaving him some mighty big shoes to fill. 
  • Having watched the Netflix doc, McGeady had a point:

On Coleman’s managerial methods:

“If a player keeps making the same mistake, show them the mistake they are making. I’ve had managers before who come in and go crazy. He just kind of comes in and it’s, ‘We could have done this better, right, sound, move on’. It’s just kind of an acceptance of, ‘That’s OK’. You come into training a couple of days later and everyone is laughing and joking and we’ve just been beaten 3-0 at home.”

Nothing wrong with that he said there. Watch the City Prime doc. Pep constantly trying to improve marginal areas for his players and team, even the very best.
  • What a difference 16 odd hours makes
  • edited January 2020
    se9addick said:
    I don’t know anything about Maddison, but Jarrod Bowen is leaving him some mighty big shoes to fill

Like these? Blimey.